Participatory Environmental Education and Willingness to Pay for River Basin Management: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Loomis & Armando Gonzalez-Caban & Robin Gregory, 1994. "Do Reminders of Substitutes and Budget Constraints Influence Contingent Valuation Estimates?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(4), pages 499-506.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Shogren, Jason F., 1996.
"Starting Point Bias in Dichotomous Choice Valuation with Follow-Up Questioning,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 112-131, January.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Shogren, Jason F., 1996. "Starting Point Bias in Dichotomous Choice Valuation with Follow-Up Questioning," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1501, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gregory, Robin & Lichtenstein, Sarah & Slovic, Paul, 1993. "Valuing Environmental Resources: A Constructive Approach," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 177-197, October.
- Grether, David M. & Wilde, Louis L., 1983. "Consumer choice and information : New experimental evidence," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 115-144.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Dillman, B. L. & Stoll, John R., 1985.
"Public Environmental Amenity Benefits of Private Land: The Case of Prime Agricultural Land,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 139-149, July.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Dillman, B.L. & Stoll, John R., 1985. "Public Environmental Amenity Benefits Of Private Land: The Case Of Prime Agricultural Land," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 1-11, July.
- Thomas H. Stevens & Jaime Echeverria & Ronald J. Glass & Tim Hager & Thomas A. More, 1991. "Measuring the Existence Value of Wildlife: What Do CVM Estimates Really Show?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 67(4), pages 390-400.
- Kevin J. Boyle, 1989. "Commodity Specification and the Framing of Contingent-Valuation Questions," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(1), pages 57-63.
- Obinna Onwujekwe, 2001. "Searching for a better willingness to pay elicitation method in rural Nigeria: the binary question with follow-up method versus the bidding game technique," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 147-158.
- Kevin C. Urama & Ian Hodge, 2004. "Irrigation Externalities and Agricultural Sustainability in South‐eastern Nigeria," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 479-501, November.
- Whittington, Dale & Smith, V. Kerry & Okorafor, Apia & Okore, Augustine & Liu, Jin Long & McPhail, Alexander, 1992. "Giving respondents time to think in contingent valuation studies: A developing country application," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 205-225, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle, 2008. "Internet CV surveys – a cheap, fast way to get large samples of biased values?," MPRA Paper 11471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:21:y:2016:i:pb:p:194-207 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:21:y:2016:i:pb:p:358-371 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:151:y:2018:i:c:p:114-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lo, Alex Y. & Spash, Clive L., 2011. "Articulation of Plural Values in Deliberative Monetary Valuation: Beyond Preference Economisation and Moralisation," MPRA Paper 30002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Devkota, Nirmala & Paudel, Krishna P. & Parajuli, Shanta, 2009. "Broiler Producers’ Willingness To Pay To Manage Nutrient Pollution," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46825, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Carina Cavalcanti & Andreas Leibbrandt, 2017. "A glance into the willingness to reduce overfishing: Field evidence from a fishnet exchange program," Monash Economics Working Papers 09-17, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Clive L. Spash, 2008. "Deliberative Monetary Valuation and the Evidence for a New Value Theory," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(3), pages 469-488.
- Cavalcanti, Carina & Schläpfer, Felix & Schmid, Bernhard, 2010.
"Public participation and willingness to cooperate in common-pool resource management: A field experiment with fishing communities in Brazil,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 613-622, January.
- Cavalcanti, Carina & Schläpfer, Felix & Schmid, Bernhard, 2008. "Public participation and willingness to cooperate in common-pool resource management: a field experiment with fishing communities in Brazil," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 5, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Cavalcanti, Carina & Engel, Stefanie & Leibbrandt, Andreas, 2013. "Social integration, participation, and community resource management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 262-276.
- Li, Xiaoshu & Boyle, Kevin J. & Pullis, Genevieve, 2012. "Does On-site Experience Affect Responses to Stated Preference Questions?," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124991, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lo, Alex Y., 2013. "Agreeing to pay under value disagreement: Reconceptualizing preference transformation in terms of pluralism with evidence from small-group deliberations on climate change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 84-94.
- Ito, Nobuyuki & Takeuchi, Kenji & Kuriyama, Koichi & Shoji, Yasushi & Tsuge, Takahiro & Mitani, Yohei, 2009.
"The influence of decision-making rules on individual preferences for ecological restoration: Evidence from an experimental survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2426-2431, June.
- Nobuyuki Ito & Kenji Takeuchi & Koichi Kuriyama & Yasushi Shoji & Takahiro Tsuge & Yohei Mitani, 2008. "The influence of decision-making rules on individual preference for ecological restoration: Evidence from an experimental survey," Discussion Papers 0820, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Szabó, Zoltán, 2011. "Reducing protest responses by deliberative monetary valuation: Improving the validity of biodiversity valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 37-44.
- Christie, Mike & Fazey, Ioan & Cooper, Rob & Hyde, Tony & Kenter, Jasper O., 2012. "An evaluation of monetary and non-monetary techniques for assessing the importance of biodiversity and ecosystem services to people in countries with developing economies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 67-78.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Adeoti, Adetola I. & Okoli, Silas & Salau, Sheu & Rhoe, Valerie, 2010. "Demand characteristics for small-scale private irrigation technologies: Knowledge gaps in Nigeria," NSSP working papers 18, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:kap:enreec:v:74:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s10640-019-00349-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:14:y:2015:i:c:p:88-97 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:82:y:2006:i:4:p:542-561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.