Affordability: Family Incomes and Net Prices at Highly Selective Private Colleges and Universities
Working from the financial aid records of individual students at 28 highly selective private colleges and universities, we were able to calculate both the price the low-income students at these schools actually pay for a year’s education, net of financial aid grants, and how the schools differentiate net price in recognition of their students’ different family incomes - their pricing policies.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher Avery & Caroline M. Hoxby, 2003.
"Do and Should Financial Aid Packages Affect Students' College Choices?,"
NBER Working Papers
9482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher Avery & Caroline Minter Hoxby, 2004. "Do and Should Financial Aid Packages Affect Students' College Choices?," NBER Chapters, in: College Choices: The Economics of Where to Go, When to Go, and How to Pay For It, pages 239-302 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Kane, 1995. "Rising Public College Tuition and College Entry: How Well Do Public Subsidies Promote Access to College?," NBER Working Papers 5164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon C. Winston, 1999. "Subsidies, Hierarchy and Peers: The Awkward Economics of Higher Education," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 13-36, Winter.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Daniel R. Sherman, 1982.
"Optimal Financial Aid Policies for a Selective University,"
NBER Working Papers
1014, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Daniel R. Sherman, 1984. "Optimal Financial Aid Policies for a Selective University," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(2), pages 202-230.
- Gordon C. Winston & Jared C. Carbone & Laurie C. Hurshman, 2001. "Saving, Wealth, Performance, and Revenues in US Colleges and Universities," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-59, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Gordon C. Winston & Ethan G. Lewis, 1997. "Physical Capital and Capital Service Costs in U.S. Colleges and Universities: 1993," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 165-189, Spring.
- Richard Steinberg & Burton A. Weisbrod, . "Pricing and Rationing by Nonprofit Organizations with Distributional Objectives," IPR working papers 97-28, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:40:y:2005:i:4:p:769-790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.