Matching resources with demand: a flawed strategy?
An organization’s survival depends largely on its capacity to withstand external “reorganizing” attempts. Little research, if any, has so far been undertaken examining the survival of an entire business sector where its constituents undergo an externally dictated change and as a result it runs a risk of a thorough “jolt” or even “demise”. The authors present empirical evidence that a business sector may be subjected to “unwanted” re-organizing by its “parent/controlling” entity, and may cease to exist, in its real essence, if its constituents are forced to undergo a change that will alter the very objectives upon which their existence rests.
Volume (Year): 20 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: The United Nations Building, Rajadamnern Nok Avenue, Bangkok 10200|
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leonardo Becchetti & Fabio Pisani, 2010. "Microfinance, subsidies and local externalities," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 309-321, April.
- David Tyrrall & David Parker, 2005. "The Fragmentation of a Railway: A Study of Organizational Change," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 507-537, 05.
- Michael Fraser, 2012. "“Fleshing out” an engagement with a social accounting technology," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 508-534, March.
- Amelia Correa & Romar Correa, 2009. "Microfinance: equity and debt contracts," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(8), pages 859-862.
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar, 2008.
"Outreach and Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions,"
08002, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar, 2011. "Outreach and Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 938-948, June.
- Cull, Robert & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2011.
"Does Regulatory Supervision Curtail Microfinance Profitability and Outreach?,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 949-965, June.
- Cull , Robert & Demirguc-Kunt , Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2009. "Does regulatory supervision curtail microfinance profitability and outreach ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4948, The World Bank.
- Mersland, Roy & Strøm, R. Øystein, 2010. "Microfinance Mission Drift?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Tang, Shui-Yan, 1995. "Informal credit markets and economic development in Taiwan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 845-855, May.
- Thomas W. Dichter, 1996. "Questioning the future of NGOs in microfinance," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 259-269.
- Roberts, John & Scapens, Robert, 1985. "Accounting systems and systems of accountability -- understanding accounting practices in their organisational contexts," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 443-456, October.
- Marek Hudon, 2010. "Management of microfinance institutions: Do subsidies matter?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 890-905.
- Kent Springdal & Martha Mador, 2004. "Organizational Changes Resulting from the Privatization of State Enterprises," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 24(1), pages 69-80, 01.
- Sinclair, Amanda, 1995. "The chameleon of accountability: Forms and discourses," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(2-3), pages 219-237.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unt:jnapdj:v:20:y:2013:i:1:p:63-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Macroeconomic Policy and Development Division, ESCAP)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.