Radio Spectrum and the Disruptive Clarity of Ronald Coase
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas W. Hazlett & David Porter & Vernon L. Smith, 2009. "Radio Spectrum and the Disruptive Clarity OF Ronald Coase," Working Papers 09-11, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Klemperer, 2002. "What Really Matters in Auction Design," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 169-189, Winter.
- Thomas W. Hazlett & Roberto E. Muñoz, 2009. "A welfare analysis of spectrum allocation policies," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 40(3), pages 424-454.
- Isaac, R. Mark & Salmon, Timothy C. & Zillante, Arthur, 2007. "A theory of jump bidding in ascending auctions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 144-164, January.
- Lawrence M. Ausubel & Peter Cramton & R. Preston McAfee & John McMillan, 1997.
"Synergies in Wireless Telephony: Evidence from the Broadband PCS Auctions,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 497-527, September.
- Lawrence M. Ausubel & Peter Cramton & R. Preston McAfee & John McMillan, 1998. "Synergies in Wireless Telephony: Evidence from the Broadband PCS Auctions," Papers of Peter Cramton 97jems, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 09 Jun 1998.
- Hazlett, Thomas W. & Spitzer, Matthew L., 2000. "Digital Television and the Quid Pro Quo," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 115-159, August.
- Bazelon, Coleman, 2009. "Too many goals: Problems with the 700Â MHz auction," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 115-127, June.
- Minasian, Jora R, 1975. "Property Rights in Radiation: An Alternative Approach to Radio Frequency Allocation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 221-272, April.
- Milgrom,Paul, 2004. "Putting Auction Theory to Work," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521536721, March.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1969. "Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Hazlett Thomas W. & Spitzer Matthew L., 2000. "Digital Television and the Quid Pro Quo," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-46, August.
- David P. Porter, 1999. "The effect of bid withdrawal in a multi-object auction," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 4(1), pages 73-97.
- Moreton, Patrick S & Spiller, Pablo T, 1998. "What's in the Air: Interlicense Synergies in the Federal Communications Commission's Broadband Personal Communication Service Spectrum Auctions," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 677-716, October.
- Rosston, Gregory L., 2003. "The long and winding road: the FCC paves the path with good intentions," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 501-515, August.
- Kwerel, Evan R & Rosston, Gregory L, 2000. "An Insiders' View of FCC Spectrum Auctions," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 253-289, May.
- Banks, Jeffrey & Olson, Mark & Porter, David & Rassenti, Stephen & Smith, Vernon, 2003. "Theory, experiment and the federal communications commission spectrum auctions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 303-350, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hahn Robert & Passell Peter, 2013. "Spectrum Policy and the Evolution of the Wireless Internet: Some Thoughts on Where Economists Agree and Disagree," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 29-37, December.
- Thomas Hazlett, 2014. "The Rationality of U.S. Regulation of the Broadcast Spectrum in the 1934 Communications Act," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 45(3), pages 203-220, November.
- Thomas W. Merrill & Henry E. Smith, 2011. "Making Coasean Property More Coasean," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(S4), pages 77-104.
- Mary M. Shirley, 2016. "Ronald Coase: the makings of an iconoclast," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Ronald H. Coase, chapter 1, pages 7-17 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:doi:10.1086/662992. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .