Advance Notice, Job Search, and Postdisplacement Earnings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul L. Burgess & Jerry L. Kingston, 1976. "The Impact of Unemployment Insurance Benefits on Reemployment Success," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(1), pages 25-31, October.
- Marie Howland & George E. Peterson, 1988. "Labor Market Conditions and the Reemployment of Displaced Workers," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 42(1), pages 109-122, October.
- Michael A. Curme & Barry T. Hirsch & David A. MacPherson, 1990. "Union Membership and Contract Coverage in the United States, 1983â€“1988," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(1), pages 5-33, October.
- Stephen R. G. Jones, 1988. "The Relationship Between Unemployment Spells and Reservation Wages as a Test of Search Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(4), pages 741-765.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G & Oaxaca, Ronald L, 1976. "Unemployment Insurance, Duration of Unemployment, and Subsequent Wage Gain," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 754-766, December.
- John T. Addison & Pedro Portugal, 1987. "The Effect of Advance Notification of Plant Closings on Unemployment," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(1), pages 3-16, October.
- Adam D. Seitchik, 1991. "When Married Men Lose Jobs: Income Replacement within the Family," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(4), pages 692-707, July.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1987. "The Costs of Worker Displacement," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(1), pages 51-75.
- John T. Addison & Douglas A. Fox & Christopher J. Ruhm, 1992. "The Impact of Advance Notice: A Comment on a Study by Nord and Ting," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(4), pages 665-673, July.
- Nancy R. Folbre & Julia L. Leighton & Melissa R. Roderick, 1984. "Plant Closings and Their Regulation in Maine, 1971â€“1982," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 37(2), pages 185-196, January.
- Topel, Robert, 1990. "Specific capital and unemployment: Measuring the costs and consequences of job loss," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 181-214, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Seninger, 1997. "Jobless spells and re-employment wages," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1169-1177.
- Pawel Krolikowski & Kurt Graden Lunsford, 2020. "Advance Layoff Notices and Labor Market Forecasting," Working Papers 202003, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Christopher J. Ruhm & Jackqueline L. Teague, 1995. "Parental Leave Policies in Europe and North America," NBER Working Papers 5065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abbring, J.H. & van den Berg, G. & Gautier, P.A. & van Lomwel, A.G.C. & van Ours, J.C. & Ruhm, C.J., 1998.
"Displaced Workers in The United States and The Netherlands,"
1998-96, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Abbring, J.H. & van den Berg, G. & Gautier, P.A. & van Lomwel, A.G.C. & van Ours, J.C. & Ruhm, C.J., 1998. "Displaced Workers in The United States and The Netherlands," Other publications TiSEM c2dc1979-ebbd-4a79-b1da-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jaap H. Abbring & Gerard J. van den Berg & Pieter A. Gautier & A. Gijsbert C. van Lomwel & Jan C. van Ours & Christopher J. Ruhm, 1998. "Displaced Workers in the United States and the Netherlands," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-084/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Audra Bowlus & Lars Vilhuber, 2001.
"Displaced Workers, Early Leavers, and Re-employment Wages,"
University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers
20015, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Audra Bowlus & Lars Vilhuber, 2002. "Displaced workers, early leavers, and re-employment wages," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 C1-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Audra Bowlus & Lars Vilhuber, 2002. "Displaced workers, early leavers, and re-employment wages," Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Technical Papers 2002-18, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Schwerdt, Guido, 2011.
"Labor turnover before plant closure: "Leaving the sinking ship" vs. "Captain throwing ballast overboard","
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 93-101, January.
- Guido Schwerdt, 2008. "Labor Turnover before Plant Closure: ‘Leaving the Sinking Ship’ vs. ‘Captain Throwing Ballast Overboard’," CESifo Working Paper Series 2252, CESifo.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 1998. "Regional differences in chronic long-term unemployment," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 193-215.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:12:y:1994:i:1:p:1-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.