How would the Rogun Dam affect water and energy scarcity in Central Asia?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Molden, David, 2007. "Water for food, water for life: a comprehensive assessment of water management in agriculture," IWMI Books, Reports H040193, International Water Management Institute.
- Molden, David, 2007. "Water for food, water for life: a comprehensive assessment of water management in agriculture: summary. In Russian," IWMI Books, Reports H041260, International Water Management Institute.
- Molden, David, 2007. "Water for food, water for life: a comprehensive assessment of water management in agriculture: summary. In Arabic," IWMI Books, Reports H041261, International Water Management Institute.
- Cai, Ximing & Ringler, Claudia & Rosegrant, Mark W., 2006. "Modeling water resources management at the basin level: methodology and application to the Maipo River Basin," Research reports 149, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Molden, David, 2007. "Water for food, water for life: a comprehensive assessment of water management in agriculture: summary," IWMI Books, Reports H039769, International Water Management Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacob D. Petersen-Perlman & Itay Fischhendler, 2018. "The weakness of the strong: re-examining power in transboundary water dynamics," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 275-294, April.
- Zulfiya Suleimenova, 2020. "Water security in Central Asia and Southern Caucasus," Asia-Pacific Sustainable Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 27(1), pages 75-93, June.
- Foster, T. & Brozović, N., 2018. "Simulating Crop-Water Production Functions Using Crop Growth Models to Support Water Policy Assessments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 9-21.
- Mark Zeitoun & Ana Elisa Cascão & Jeroen Warner & Naho Mirumachi & Nathanial Matthews & Filippo Menga & Rebecca Farnum, 2017. "Transboundary water interaction III: contest and compliance," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 271-294, April.
- Parkinson, Simon C. & Makowski, Marek & Krey, Volker & Sedraoui, Khaled & Almasoud, Abdulrahman H. & Djilali, Ned, 2018. "A multi-criteria model analysis framework for assessing integrated water-energy system transformation pathways," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 477-486.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cunha, Henrique & Loureiro, Dália & Sousa, Gonçalo & Covas, Dídia & Alegre, Helena, 2019. "A comprehensive water balance methodology for collective irrigation systems," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 223(C), pages 1-1.
- Batidzirai, B. & Smeets, E.M.W. & Faaij, A.P.C., 2012. "Harmonising bioenergy resource potentials—Methodological lessons from review of state of the art bioenergy potential assessments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 6598-6630.
- Tiziano Gomiero, 2016. "Soil Degradation, Land Scarcity and Food Security: Reviewing a Complex Challenge," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-41, March.
- Feng Huang & Baoguo Li, 2020. "What is the Redline Water Withdrawal for Crop Production in China?—Projection to 2030 Derived from the Past Twenty-Year Trajectory," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-14, May.
- Gong, Daozhi & Mei, Xurong & Hao, Weiping & Wang, Hanbo & Caylor, Kelly K., 2017. "Comparison of ET partitioning and crop coefficients between partial plastic mulched and non-mulched maize fields," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 23-34.
- Holland, Jonathan E. & Luck, Gary W. & Max Finlayson, C., 2015. "Threats to food production and water quality in the Murrayâ€“Darling Basin of Australia," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 55-70.
- repec:kqi:journl:2017-2-1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rosa Francaviglia & Claudia Di Bene, 2019. "Deficit Drip Irrigation in Processing Tomato Production in the Mediterranean Basin. A Data Analysis for Italy," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-14, April.
- Malin Falkenmark, 2013. "Adapting to climate change: towards societal water security in dry-climate countries," International Journal of Water Resources Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 123-136, June.
- Kherbache, Nabil & Oukaci, Kamal, 2020. "Assessment of capital expenditure in achieving sanitation-related MDG targets and the uncertainties of the SDG targets in Algeria," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 19(C).
- Tarjuelo, José M. & Rodriguez-Diaz, Juan A. & Abadía, Ricardo & Camacho, Emilio & Rocamora, Carmen & Moreno, Miguel A., 2015. "Efficient water and energy use in irrigation modernization: Lessons from Spanish case studies," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 67-77.
- Gebreegziabher, Z. & Mekonnen, A. & Beyene, A.D. & Hagos, F., 2018. "Valuation of access to irrigation water in rural Ethiopia: application of choice experiment and contingent valuation methods," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277168, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zareena Begum Irfan & Bina Gupta, 2015. "To Consume or to Conserve: Examining Water Conservation Model for Wheat Cultivation in India," Working Papers 2015-101, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Malte MÃ¼ller & Jens Rommel & Christian Kimmich, 2018. "Farmersâ€™ Adoption of Irrigation Technologies: Experimental Evidence from a Coordination Game with Positive Network Externalities in India," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 19(2), pages 119-139, May.
- Unknown, 2012. "Water for wealth and food security: supporting farmer-driven investments in agricultural water management. Synthesis report of the AgWater Solutions Project," IWMI Reports 158834, International Water Management Institute.
- Michael Bamidele Fakoya & Emmanuel O. Imuezerua, 2021. "Improving water pricing decisions through material flow cost accounting model: a case study of the Politsi Water Treatment Scheme in South Africa," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 2243-2260, February.
- Mapedza, Everisto & Haileslassie, A. & Hagos, Fitsum & McCartney, Matthew & Awulachew, Seleshi Bekele & Tafesse, T., 2009. "Transboundary water governance institutional architecture: reflections from Ethiopia and Sudan," IWMI Conference Proceedings 212439, International Water Management Institute.
- Sikka, A. K., 2009. "Water productivity of different agricultural systems," IWMI Books, Reports H042637, International Water Management Institute.
- Hasan, M.M. & Rahman, M.M., 2017. "Performance and emission characteristics of biodiesel–diesel blend and environmental and economic impacts of biodiesel production: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 938-948.
- G. Donoso & E. Blanco & G. Franco & J. Lira, 2016. "Water footprints and irrigated agricultural sustainability: the case of Chile," International Journal of Water Resources Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 738-748, September.
- van Koppen, Barbara & Smits, Stef & Moriarty, Patrick & Penning de Vries, Frits W.T. & Mikhail, Monique & Boelee, Eline, 2009. "Climbing the water ladder: multiple-use water services for poverty reduction," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 137955.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:rwinxx:v:40:y:2015:i:5-6:p:856-876. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/rwin20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.