A Perspective on Minsky Moments: Revisiting the Core of the Financial Instability Hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carl Chiarella & Roberto Dieci & Xue-Zhong He, 2008. "Heterogeneity, Market Mechanisms, and Asset Price Dynamics," Research Paper Series 231, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Riccardo Bellofiore & Joseph Halevi, 2011. "A Minsky Moment? The Subprime Crisis and the ‘New’ Capitalism," Chapters,in: Credit, Money and Macroeconomic Policy, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Thomas I. Palley, 1994. "Debt, Aggregate Demand, and The Business Cycle: an Analysis in the Spirit of Kaldor and Minsky," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 371-390, March.
- Charles Whalen, 2008. "Understanding the Credit Crunch as a Minsky Moment," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(1), pages 91-109.
- Philip Arestis, 2002. "Financial crisis in Southeast Asia: dispelling illusion the Minskyan way," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 237-260, March.
- Jan Kregel, 2008. "Minsky’s Cushions of Safety: Systemic Risk and the Crisis in the U.S. Subprime Mortgage Market," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_93, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jan Toporowski, 2008. "Minsky's 'induced investment and business cycles'," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 725-737, September.
- Claude Gnos & Louis-Philippe Rochon, 2011. "Credit, Money and Macroeconomic Policy. A Post Keynesian Approach," Post-Print halshs-01231787, HAL.
- Sordi, Serena & Vercelli, Alessandro, 2006. "Financial fragility and economic fluctuations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 543-561, December.
- Vercelli,Allessandro, 1991. "Methodological Foundations of Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521392945, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Vercelli, 2014. "Financial and nuclear meltdowns: the fragility of chain-reaction critical processes," Chapters,in: The Great Recession and the Contradictions of Contemporary Capitalism, chapter 12, pages 208-220 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Giansante, Simone & Chiarella, Carl & Sordi, Serena & Vercelli, Alessandro, 2012. "Structural contagion and vulnerability to unexpected liquidity shortfalls," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 558-569.
- Hiroshi Nishi, 2016. "An empirical contribution to Minsky’s financial fragility:Evidence from non-financial sectors in Japan," Discussion papers e-16-007, Graduate School of Economics , Kyoto University.
- Leila E. Davis - Joao Paulo A. de Souza y Gonzalo Hernandez & Joao Paulo A. de Souza & Gonzalo Hernandez, 2017.
"An empirical analysis of Minsky regimes in the US economy,"
015495, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - BOGOTÁ.
- Leila E. Davis & Joao Paulo A. de Souza & Gonzalo Hernandez, 2017. "An empirical analysis of Minsky regimes in the US economy," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2017-08, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Passarella, Marco, 2012.
"A simplified stock-flow consistent dynamic model of the systemic financial fragility in the ‘New Capitalism’,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 570-582.
- Marco, Passarella, 2011. "A simplified stock-flow consistent dynamic model of the systemic financial fragility in the 'New Capitalism'," MPRA Paper 28499, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giampaolo Gabbi & Alesia Kalbaska & Alessandro Vercelli, 2014. "Factors generating and transmitting the financial crisis: The role of incentives: securitization and contagion," Working papers wpaper56, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Sordi, Serena & Vercelli, Alessandro, 2012.
"Heterogeneous expectations and strong uncertainty in a Minskyian model of financial fluctuations,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 544-557.
- Serena Sordi & Alessandro Vercelli, 2010. "Heterogeneous expectations and strong uncertainty in a Minskyian model of financial fluctuations," Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID) University of Siena 1010, Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID), University of Siena.
- Nikolaidi, Maria, 2014. "Margins of safety and instability in a macrodynamic model with Minskyan insights," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-16.
- Yannis Dafermos, 2015. "Debt cycles, instability and fiscal rules: a Godley-Minsky model," Working Papers 20151509, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Passarella, Marco, 2011. "From the village fair to Wall Street. The Italian reception of Minsky’s economic thought," MPRA Paper 49593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Greenwood-Nimmo, Matthew & Tarassow, Artur, 2016. "Monetary shocks, macroprudential shocks and financial stability," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 11-24.
- Giulia Iori & Mauro Politi & Guido Germano & Giampaolo Gabbi, 2015.
"Banks' Strategies and Cost of Money: Effects of the Financial Crisis on the European Electronic Overnight Interbank Market,"
Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions,
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 179-202, December.
- Iori, Giulia & Politi, Mauro & Germano, Guido & Gabbi, Giampaolo, 2015. "Banks' strategies and cost of money: effects of the financial crisis on the European electronic overnight interbank market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67565, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Thomas Goda, 2017. "A comparative review of the role of income inequality in economic crisis theories and its contribution to the financial crisis of 2007-2009," REVISTA FINANZAS Y POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE COLOMBIA, vol. 9(1), pages 151-174, February.
- Riccardo Bellofiore & Giovanna Vertova (ed.), 2014. "The Great Recession and the Contradictions of Contemporary Capitalism," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14637.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:revpoe:v:23:y:2011:i:1:p:49-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.