Real Estate Agents in Ghana: A Suitable Case for Regulation?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Buckley, Robert M. & Mathema, Ashna S., 2007. "Is Accra a superstar city ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4453, The World Bank.
- Kasanga, R. Kasim & Cochrane, Jeffrey A. & King, Rudith & Roth, Michael J., 1996. "Land Markets And Legal Contradictions In The Peri-Urban Area Of Accra Ghana: Informant Interviews And Secondary Data Investigations," Research Papers 12747, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Land Tenure Center.
- Henry Overman & Anthony J. Venables, 2005. "Cities in the Developing World," CEP Discussion Papers dp0695, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richmond J. Ehwi & Lewis A. Asante, 2016. "Ex-Post Analysis of Land Title Registration in Ghana Since 2008 Merger," SAGE Open, , vol. 6(2), pages 21582440166, April.
- David Asante Edwin & Evam Kofi Glover & Edinam K. Glover, 2020. "When Tradition Meets Modernity in Land Registration: Evidence from Dagbon, Ghana," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-28, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Frederick van der Ploeg & Steven Poelhekke, 2008.
"Globalization and the rise of mega-cities in the developing world,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(3), pages 477-501.
- Steven Poelhekke & Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2008. "Globalization and the Rise of Mega-Cities in the Developing World," CESifo Working Paper Series 2208, CESifo.
- Elias Danyi Kuusaana & Nicolas Gerber, 2015. "Institutional Synergies in Customary Land Markets—Selected Case Studies of Large-Scale Land Acquisitions (LSLAs) in Ghana," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-27, September.
- Jedwab, Remi & Vollrath, Dietrich, 2015.
"Urbanization without growth in historical perspective,"
Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1-21.
- Remi Jedwab & Dietrich Vollrath, 2015. "Urbanization without Growth in Historical Perspective," Working Papers 2015-7, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Tanaka, Kiyoyasu & Hashiguchi, Yoshihiro, 2017. "Agglomeration economies in the formal and informal sectors : a Bayesian spatial approach," IDE Discussion Papers 666, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Annez , Patricia Clarke & Linn, Johannes F., 2010. "An agenda for research on urbanization in developing countries : a summary of findings from a scoping exercise," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5476, The World Bank.
- Shahid Yusuf & Kaoru Nabeshima, 2009. "Growth through Innovation : An Industrial Strategy for Shanghai," World Bank Publications - Reports 18613, The World Bank Group.
- Barikisa Owusu Ansah & Uchendu Eugene Chigbu, 2020. "The Nexus between Peri-Urban Transformation and Customary Land Rights Disputes: Effects on Peri-Urban Development in Trede, Ghana," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(6), pages 1-28, June.
- Gilles Duranton, 2007.
"From cities to productivity and growth in developing countries,"
tecipa-306, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Duranton, Gilles, 2008. "From Cities to Productivity and Growth in Developing Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 6634, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matuschke, Ira, 2009. "Rapid Urbanization and Food Security: Using Food Density Maps to Identify Future Food Security Hotspots," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51643, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Richard Florida & Tim Gulden & Charlotta Mellander, 2008.
"The rise of the mega-region,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(3), pages 459-476.
- Florida, Richard & Gulden, Tim & Mellander, Charlotta, 2008. "The Rise of the Mega-Region," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 129, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Cobbinah, Patrick Brandful & Asibey, Michael Osei & Gyedu-Pensang, Yaa Asuamah, 2020. "Urban land use planning in Ghana: Navigating complex coalescence of land ownership and administration," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Charles Y. OKYERE & Yira YACOUBA & Dominik GILGENBACH, 2013. "The Problem Of Annual Occurrences Of Floods In Accra: An Integration Of Hydrological, Economic And Political Perspectives," Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 8(2), pages 45-79, May.
- Thi Bich Tran & Hai Anh La, 2018. "Agglomeration Effects: Productivity of the Informal Sector in Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(2), pages 292-311, February.
- Sellars, Emily & Alix-Garcia, Jennifer, 2018. "Locational fundamentals, trade, and the changing urban landscape of Mexico," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274238, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kondylis, Florence, 2005.
"Agricultural returns and conflict: quasi-experimental evidence from a policy intervention programme in Rwanda,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
19878, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Florence Kondylis, 2005. "Agricultural Returns and Conflict: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from a Policy Intervention Programme in Rwanda," CEP Discussion Papers dp0709, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Emmanuel Acheampong & Benjamin Betey Campion, 2014. "The Effects of Biofuel Feedstock Production on Farmers’ Livelihoods in Ghana: The Case of Jatropha curcas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(7), pages 1-21, July.
- World Bank, 2017. "From Regulators to Enablers," World Bank Publications - Reports 28459, The World Bank Group.
- Alix-Garcia, Jennifer & Sellars, Emily A., 2020. "Locational fundamentals, trade, and the changing urban landscape of Mexico," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
- Hasan, Lubna, 2007.
"On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living,"
7413, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lubna Hasan, 2008. "On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living," PIDE-Working Papers 2008:46, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Lubna Hasan, 2008. "On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living," Microeconomics Working Papers 22194, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hasan, Lubna Hasan, 2007. "On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living," MPRA Paper 6619, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tanaka, Kiyoyasu & Hashiguchi, Yoshihiro, 2015. "Agglomeration effects of informal sector: evidence from Cambodia," IDE Discussion Papers 495, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
More about this item
KeywordsLicence; Tenants; Landlords; Estate agents; Ghana;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:45:y:2011:i:3:p:403-416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.