Regional labour market conditions and university dropout rates: Evidence from Italy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeremy P. Smith & Robin A. Naylor, 2001. "Dropping out of university: A statistical analysis of the probability of withdrawal for UK university students," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(2), pages 389-405.
- Rees, Daniel I. & Mocan, H. Naci, 1997. "Labor market conditions and the high school dropout rate: Evidence from New York State," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 103-109, April.
- James A. Kahn & Jong-Soo Lim, 1998.
"Skilled Labor-Augmenting Technical Progress in U. S. Manufacturing,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1281-1308.
- James A. Kahn & Jong-Soo Lim, 1997. "Skilled labor -- augmenting technical progress in U.S. manufacturing," Research Paper 9738, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kahn, J. & Lim, J.S., 1997. "Skilled Labor-Augmenting Technical Progress in U.S. Manufacturing," RCER Working Papers 437, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- James A. Kahn & Jong-Soo Lim, 1998. "Skilled labor-augmenting technical progress in U.S. manufacturing," Staff Reports 47, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Dolton, Peter & Vignoles, Anna, 2000. "The incidence and effects of overeducation in the U.K. graduate labour market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 179-198, April.
- Manski, Charles F., 1989. "Schooling as experimentation: a reappraisal of the postsecondary dropout phenomenon," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 305-312, August.
- Geraint Johnes & Robert McNabb, 2004. "Never Give up on the Good Times: Student Attrition in the UK," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(1), pages 23-47, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2016. "The ‘great escape’ from Italian Universities: Do labour market recruitment channels matter?," QUADERNI DI ECONOMIA DEL LAVORO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(106), pages 49-75.
- Contini,Dalit & Ricciardi,Riccardo & Romito,Marco & Salza,Guido & Zotti,Roberto, 2020. "Improving university dropout and student careers. What room for institutional action?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 202004, University of Turin.
- Giorgio Di Pietro, 2018.
"The academic impact of natural disasters: evidence from L’Aquila earthquake,"
Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 62-77, January.
- Di Pietro, Giorgio, 2015. "The Academic Impact of Natural Disasters: Evidence from L'Aquila Earthquake," IZA Discussion Papers 8867, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Aina, Carmen & Casalone, Giorgia, 2020. "Early labor market outcomes of university graduates: Does time to degree matter?," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Gerhard Toews & Alexander Libman, 2017. "Getting Incentives Right: Human Capital Investment and Natural Resource Booms," Working Papers 370, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Manuel Bagues & Mauro Sylos Labini & Natalia Zinovyeva, 2008.
"Differential Grading Standards and University Funding: Evidence from Italy,"
CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 54(2), pages 149-176.
- Manuel Bagues & Mauro Sylos Labini & Natalia Zinovyeva, 2008. "Differential Grading Standards and University Funding: Evidence from Italy," Working Papers 2008-07, FEDEA.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Leombruni, Roberto, 2014. "Local human capital externalities and wages at the firm level: Evidence from Italian manufacturing," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 161-175.
- Adamopoulou, Effrosyni & Tanzi, Giulia M., 2014. "Academic Performance and the Great Recession," MPRA Paper 54913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2015. "Family background and university dropouts during the crisis: the case of Italy," Working Papers 169, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Giorgia Casalone & Carmen Aina & Eliana Baici, 2010. "Time-to-degree: Students' abilities, university characteristics or what else?," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 5, in: María Jesús Mancebón-Torrubia & Domingo P. Ximénez-de-Embún & José María Gómez-Sancho & Gregorio Gim (ed.),Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 5, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 3, pages 67-86, Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Leombruni, Roberto, 2009. "Local Human Capital Externalities and Wages at the Firm Level: The Case of Italian Manufacturing," IZA Discussion Papers 4613, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Massimiliano Bratti & Daniele Checchi & Guido De Blasio, 2008.
"Does the Expansion of Higher Education Increase the Equality of Educational Opportunities? Evidence from Italy,"
LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(s1), pages 53-88, June.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Checchi, Daniele & de Blasio, Guido, 2008. "Does the Expansion of Higher Education Increase the Equality of Educational Opportunities? Evidence from Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 3361, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Massimiliano Bratti & Daniele Checchi & Guido de Blasio, 2008. "Does the expansion of higher education increase the equality of educational opportunities? Evidence from Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 679, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Leombruni, Roberto & Razzolini, Tiziano & Serti, Francesco, 2015. "The Hidden Cost of Labor Market Entry During Recession: Unemployment Rate at Entry and Occupational Injury Risk of Young Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 8968, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Paolo Ghinetti & Simone Moriconi, 2010. "The wage return to graduate in a regional university: evidence from Italy," CREA Discussion Paper Series 10-23, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Aina, Carmen & Baici, Eliana & Casalone, Giorgia & Pastore, Francesco, 2018.
"The economics of university dropouts and delayed graduation: a survey,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
189, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Aina, Carmen & Baici, Eliana & Casalone, Giorgia & Pastore, Francesco, 2018. "The Economics of University Dropouts and Delayed Graduation: A Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 11421, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Aina, Carmen & Baici, Eliana & Casalone, Giorgia & Pastore, Francesco, 2019.
"Delayed Graduation and University Dropout: A Review of Theoretical Approaches,"
IZA Discussion Papers
12601, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Aina, Carmen & Baici, Eliana & Casalone, Giorgia & Pastore, Francesco, 2019. "Delayed graduation and university dropout: A review of theoretical approaches," GLO Discussion Paper Series 399, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Donggeun Kim & Seoyong Kim, 2018. "Sustainable Education: Analyzing the Determinants of University Student Dropout by Nonlinear Panel Data Models," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-18, March.
- Kristine Simson, 2015. "Explaining upper secondary school dropout: new evidence on the role of local labor markets," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1419-1444, June.
- Patrizia Ordine & Giuseppe Rose, 2011. "Educational Mismatch and Wait Unemployment," Working Papers 19, AlmaLaurea Inter-University Consortium.
- Gitto, Lara & Minervini, Leo Fulvio & Monaco, Luisa, 2016. "University dropouts in Italy: Are supply side characteristics part of the problem?," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 108-116.
- Díaz Serrano, Lluís & Nilsson, William,, 2018. "School Dropouts and the Local Labor Markets: The Role of the Skills Structure of the Employment," Working Papers 2072/351583, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Emanuela Ghignoni, 2017. "Who do you know or what do you know? Informal recruitment channels, family background and university enrolments," Working Papers 179, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Carmen Aina & Eliana Baici & Giorgia Casalone, 2010. "Time-to-Degree: Students' Abilities, University Characteristics or What Else? Evidence from Italy," Working Papers 130, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Gitto, Lara & Minervini, Leo Fulvio & Monaco, Luisa, 2012. "University dropouts: supply-side issues in Italy," MPRA Paper 56656, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsDropout; Labour market conditions; Fixed effects approach;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:40:y:2006:i:6:p:617-630. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.