The valuation of clean spread options: linking electricity, emissions and fuels
The purpose of the paper is to present a new pricing method for clean spread options, and to illustrate its main features on a set of numerical examples produced by a dedicated computer code. The novelty of the approach is embedded in the use of a structural model as opposed to reduced-form models which fail to capture properly the fundamental dependencies between the economic factors entering the production process.
Volume (Year): 12 (2012)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RQUF20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Seifert, Jan & Uhrig-Homburg, Marliese & Wagner, Michael, 2008. "Dynamic behavior of CO2 spot prices," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 180-194, September.
- Cartea, Álvaro & Villaplana, Pablo, 2008.
"Spot price modeling and the valuation of electricity forward contracts: The role of demand and capacity,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2502-2519, December.
- Alvaro Cartea & Pablo Villaplana Conde, 2007. "Spot Price Modeling and the Valuation of Electricity Forward Contracts: the Role of Demand and Capacity," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0718, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Pirrong, Craig & Jermakyan, Martin, 2008. "The price of power: The valuation of power and weather derivatives," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2520-2529, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Margrabe, William, 1978. "The Value of an Option to Exchange One Asset for Another," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 177-186, March.
- Rene Carmona & Michael Coulon & Daniel Schwarz, 2012. "Electricity price modeling and asset valuation: a multi-fuel structural approach," Papers 1205.2299, arXiv.org. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)