Stock return volatility and trading volume: evidence from the chinese stock market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tauchen, George E & Pitts, Mark, 1983. "The Price Variability-Volume Relationship on Speculative Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 485-505, March.
- Su, Dongwei & Fleisher, Belton M., 1999.
"Why does return volatility differ in Chinese stock markets?,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 557-586, December.
- Belton Fleisher & Dongwei Su, 1998. "Why Does Return Volatility Differ in Chinese Stock Markets?," Working Papers 98-03, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Wang, Ping & Liu, Aying & Wang, Peijie, 2004. "Return and risk interactions in Chinese stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 367-383, October.
- Dongweí Su, 2003.
"Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Chinese Stock Markets A Research Handbook, chapter 3, pages 75-122
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Su, Dongwei & Fleisher, Belton M., 1998. "Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 239-256, May.
- Belton Fleisher & Dongwei Su, 1996. "Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets," Working Papers 005, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Lastrapes, William D, 1990. " Heteroskedasticity in Stock Return Data: Volume versus GARCH Effects," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 221-229, March.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Rui, Oliver M., 2002. "The dynamic relationship between stock returns and trading volume: Domestic and cross-country evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 51-78, January.
- M. F. Omran & E. McKenzie, 2000. "Heteroscedasticity in stock returns data revisited: volume versus GARCH effects," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 553-560.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Lastrapes, William D, 1994. "Endogenous Trading Volume and Momentum in Stock-Return Volatility," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 253-260, April.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2008:i:15:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- K L Chawla & Pankaj Kumar Gupta, 2014. "Financial Perspectives of Globalization in Emerging Economies ? Concerns for India," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 0401601, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Pramod Kumar Naik & Rangan Gupta & Puja Padhi, 2018.
"The Relationship Between Stock Market Volatility And Trading Volume: Evidence From South Africa,"
Journal of Developing Areas,
Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 52(1), pages 99-114, January-M.
- Pramod Kumar Naik & Rangan Gupta & Puja Padhi, 2016. "The Relationship between Stock Market Volatility and Trading Volume: Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 201689, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Shyh-Wei Chen, 2008. "Untangling the nexus of stock price and trading volume: evidence from the Chinese stock market," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(15), pages 1-16.
- Kumar, Brajesh & Singh, Priyanka & Pandey, Ajay, 2009. "The Dynamic Relationship between Price and Trading Volume:Evidence from Indian Stock Market," IIMA Working Papers WP2009-12-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Müller, Christian, 2012. "A new interpretation of known facts: The case of two-way causality between trading and volatility," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 664-670.
- Brajesh Kumar & Priyanka Singh & Ajay Pandey, 2010. "The Dynamic Relationship between Price and Trading Volume: Evidence from Indian Stock Market," Working Papers id:2379, eSocialSciences.
- Loredana Ureche-Rangau & Fabien Collado & Ulysse Galiay, 2011. "The dynamics of the volatility – trading volume relationship: New evidence from developed and emerging markets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2569-2583.
- Kundu, Srikanta & Sarkar, Nityananda, 2016. "Return and volatility interdependences in up and down markets across developed and emerging countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 297-311.
- Jawadi Fredj & Ureche-Rangau Loredana, 2013. "Threshold linkages between volatility and trading volume: evidence from developed and emerging markets," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 17(3), pages 313-333, May.
More about this item
KeywordsTrading volume; stock market return volatility; GARCH models; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jocebs:v:3:y:2005:i:1:p:39-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RCEA20 .