Trading volume and stock market volatility: The Polish case
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kim, Dongcheol & Kon, Stanley J, 1994. "Alternative Models for the Conditional Heteroscedasticity of Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(4), pages 563-98, October.
- Michael, ROCKINGER & Giovanni, URGA, 1998.
"A Time Varying Parameter Model to Test for Predictability and Integration in Stock Markets of Transition Economies,"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
635, HEC Paris.
- Rockinger, Michael & Urga, Giovanni, 2000. "A Time Varying Parameter Model to Test for Predictability and Integration in Stock Markets of Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2346, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Rockinger & Giovanni Urga, 1998. "A Time Varying Parameter Model to Test for Predictability and Integration in Stock Markets of Transition Economies," Working Papers hal-00601498, HAL.
- Schwert, G William, 2002.
"Tests for Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Epps, Thomas W & Epps, Mary Lee, 1976. "The Stochastic Dependence of Security Price Changes and Transaction Volumes: Implications for the Mixture-of-Distributions Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 305-21, March.
- Wojciech W. Charemza & Ewa Majerowska, .
"Regulation of the Warsaw Stock Exchange: The Portfolio Allocation Problem,"
Discussion Papers in European Economics
98/1, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Charemza, Wojciech W. & Majerowska, Ewa, 2000. "Regulation of the Warsaw Stock Exchange: The portfolio allocation problem," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 555-576, April.
- Kim, Kenneth A., 2001. "Price limits and stock market volatility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 131-136, April.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1994. " Circuit Breakers and Market Volatility: A Theoretical Perspective," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 237-54, March.
- Barry Gordon & Libby Rittenberg, 1995. "The Warsaw Stock Exchange: A Test of Market Efficiency," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(2), pages 1-27, July.
- William A. Brock & Blake D. LeBaron, 1995.
"A Dynamic Structural Model for Stock Return Volatility and Trading Volume,"
NBER Working Papers
4988, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brock, William A & LeBaron, Blake D, 1996. "A Dynamic Structural Model for Stock Return Volatility and Trading Volume," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 94-110, February.
- Kalvinder Shields, 1997.
"Threshold Modelling of Stock Return Volatility on Eastern European Markets,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 107-125, May.
- Shields, Kalvinder K, 1997. "Threshold Modelling of Stock Return Volatility on Eastern European Markets," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 30(2-3), pages 107-25.
- Andersen, Torben G, 1996. " Return Volatility and Trading Volume: An Information Flow Interpretation of Stochastic Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 169-204, March.
- Maria Kasch-Haroutounian & Simon Price, 2001. "Volatility in the transition markets of Central Europe," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 93-105.
- Giampiero Gallo & Barbara Pacini, 2000. "The effects of trading activity on market volatility," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 163-175.
- Clark, Peter K, 1973. "A Subordinated Stochastic Process Model with Finite Variance for Speculative Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 135-55, January.
- Lange, Stephen, 1999. "Modeling asset market volatility in a small market:: Accounting for non-synchronous trading effects," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Diebold, Francis X & Nerlove, Marc, 1989. "The Dynamics of Exchange Rate Volatility: A Multivariate Latent Factor Arch Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 1-21, Jan.-Mar..
- M. F. Omran & E. McKenzie, 2000. "Heteroscedasticity in stock returns data revisited: volume versus GARCH effects," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 553-560.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:12:y:2003:i:5:p:513-525. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.