A Simultaneous Equation Approach to Estimating HIV Prevalence With Nonignorable Missing Responses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Giampiero Marra & Rosalba Radice & Till Bärnighausen & Simon N. Wood & Mark E. McGovern, 2016. "A Simultaneous Equation Approach to Estimating HIV Prevalence with Non-Ignorable Missing Responses," Economics Working Papers 16-02, Queen's Management School, Queen's University Belfast.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruno Arpino & Elisabetta De Cao & Franco Peracchi, 2014. "Using panel data for partial identification of human immunodeficiency virus prevalence when infection status is missing not at random," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 177(3), pages 587-606, June.
- Göran Kauermann & Christian Schellhase & David Ruppert, 2013. "Flexible Copula Density Estimation with Penalized Hierarchical B-splines," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 40(4), pages 685-705, December.
- Nicoletti, Cheti, 2006.
"Nonresponse in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 461-489, June.
- Cheti Nicoletti, 2002. "Non-Response in Dynamic Panel Data Models," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A5-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2000. " The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Simon N. Wood, 2013. "On p-values for smooth components of an extended generalized additive model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 100(1), pages 221-228.
- Simon N. Wood, 2013. "A simple test for random effects in regression models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 100(4), pages 1005-1010.
- Francis Obare, 2010. "Nonresponse in repeat population-based voluntary counseling and testing for HIV in rural Malawi," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(3), pages 651-665, August.
- Madden, David, 2008.
"Sample selection versus two-part models revisited: The case of female smoking and drinking,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 300-307, March.
- David Madden, 2006. "Sample Selection Versus Two-Part Models Revisited: the Case of Female Smoking and Drinking," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Madden, David, 2006. "Sample Selection Versus Two-Part Models Revisited: The Case of Female Smoking and Drinking," Papers HRBWP23, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 2006. "Sample selection versus two-part models revisited : the case of female smoking and drinking," Working Papers 200604, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521780506, December.
- Zimmer, David M. & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2006. "Using Trivariate Copulas to Model Sample Selection and Treatment Effects: Application to Family Health Care Demand," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 63-76, January.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Giampiero Marra & Simon N. Wood, 2012. "Coverage Properties of Confidence Intervals for Generalized Additive Model Components," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 39(1), pages 53-74, March.
- Butler, J S, 1996. "Estimating the Correlation in Censored Probit Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 356-358, May.
- Simon N. Wood, 2003. "Thin plate regression splines," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 95-114, February.
- Simon N. Wood, 2011. "Fast stable restricted maximum likelihood and marginal likelihood estimation of semiparametric generalized linear models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 73(1), pages 3-36, January.
- McGovern, Mark E. & Bärnighausen, Till & Giampiero Marra & Rosalba Radice, 2015. "On the Assumption of Bivariate Normality in Selection Models: A Copula Approach Applied to Estimating HIV Prevalence," Working Paper 199101, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Francis Vella, 1998. "Estimating Models with Sample Selection Bias: A Survey," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 127-169.
- Simon N. Wood, 2004. "Stable and Efficient Multiple Smoothing Parameter Estimation for Generalized Additive Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 673-686, January.
- Heckman, James J, 1990. "Varieties of Selection Bias," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 313-318, May.
- Shen, Xiaojing & Zhu, Yunmin & Song, Lixin, 2008. "Linear B-spline copulas with applications to nonparametric estimation of copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 3806-3819, March.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521785167, December.
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Wendy Janssens & Jacques Gaag & Tobias Rinke de Wit & Zlata Tanović, 2014. "Refusal Bias in the Estimation of HIV Prevalence," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(3), pages 1131-1157, June.
- Christian Dustmann & María Engracia Rochina-Barrachina, 2007. "Selection correction in panel data models: An application to the estimation of females' wage equations," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 10(2), pages 263-293, July.
- Jeffrey A. Dubin & Douglas Rivers, 1989. "Selection Bias in Linear Regression, Logit and Probit Models," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 18(2-3), pages 360-390, November.
- Klovdahl, Alden S., 1985. "Social networks and the spread of infectious diseases: The AIDS example," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1203-1216, January.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
- repec:eee:csdana:v:112:y:2017:i:c:p:99-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Inyoung Kim & Noah D. Cohen & Raymond J. Carroll, 2003. "Semiparametric Regression Splines in Matched Case-Control Studies," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 1158-1169, December.
More about this item
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jnlasa:v:112:y:2017:i:518:p:484-496. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/UASA20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.