Military Expenditure And Unemployment Rates: Granger Causality Tests Using Global Panel Data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Terry Barker & Paul Dunne & Ron Smith, 1991. "Measuring the Peace Dividend in the United Kingdom," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 28(4), pages 345-358, November.
- Christophe Hurlin, 2005.
"Un test simple de l'hypothèse de non-causalité dans un modèle de panel hétérogène,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 56(3), pages 799-809.
- Christophe Hurlin, 2004. "Un test simple de l'hypothèse de non causalité dans un modèle de panel hétérogène," Post-Print halshs-00257526, HAL.
- Christophe Hurlin, 2005. "Un Test Simple de l'Hypothèse de Non Causalité dans un Modèle de Panel Hétérogène," Post-Print halshs-00257326, HAL.
- Robert Hoffmann & Chew-Ging Lee & Bala Ramasamy & Matthew Yeung, 2005.
"FDI and pollution: a granger causality test using panel data,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 311-317.
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Bala Ramasamy & Matthew Yeung, 2004. "FDI and Pollution: A Granger Causality Test using Panel Data," CEABuR Working Papers 2, Centre for Europe-Asia Business Research.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Newey, Whitney & Rosen, Harvey S, 1989.
"The Revenues-Expenditures Nexus: Evidence from Local Government Data,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(2), pages 415-429, May.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Whitney K. Newey & Harvey S. Rosen, 1987. "The Revenues-Expenditures Nexus: Evidence from Local Government Data," NBER Working Papers 2180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to demonstrate IV estimation of VAR in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTZ00185, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Wen-Cheng Lu & Jong-Rong Chen & Chia-Ling Wang, 2006. "Granger causality test on R&D spatial spillovers and productivity growth," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(13), pages 857-861.
- Kaddour Hadri, 2000.
"Testing for stationarity in heterogeneous panel data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(2), pages 148-161.
- Kaddour Hadri, 1999. "Testing For Stationarity In Heterogeneous Panel Data," Research Papers 1999_04, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "HADRI: RATS procedure to implement Hadri test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00084, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jr-Tsung Huang & An-Pang Kao, 2005. "Does defence spending matter to employment in Taiwan?," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 101-115.
- Chester, Eric, 1978. "Military Spending and Capitalist Stability," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 293-298, September.
- Granger, Clive W. J., 2003. "Some aspects of causal relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 69-71, January.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Satya Paul, 1996. "Defence spending and unemployment rates: An empirical analysis for the OECD," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 44-54, May.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Gour G. Goswami, 2005. "The Impact of Corruption on the Black Market Premium," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 483-493, January.
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. " A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-652, Special I.
- Choi, In, 2001. "Unit root tests for panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 249-272, April.
- Benoit, Emile, 1978. "Growth and Defense in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 271-280, January.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- J. Paul Dunne & Ron Smith & Dirk Willenbockel, 2005.
"Models Of Military Expenditure And Growth: A Critical Review,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 449-461.
- J Paul Dunne & Ron Smith & Dirk Willenbockel, 2004. "Models of Military Expenditure and Growth: A Critical Review," Working Papers 0408, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Julide Yildirim & Selami Sezgin, 2003. "Military expenditure and employment in Turkey," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 129-139.
- Abell, John D, 1990. "Defence Spending and Unemployment Rates: An Empirical Analysis Disaggregated by Race," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 405-419, December.
- Hooker, Mark A & Knetter, Michael M, 1997. "The Effects of Military Spending on Economic Activity: Evidence from State Procurement Spending," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 400-421, August.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Smith, R P, 1977. "Military Expenditure and Capitalism," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 61-76, March.
- Paul Dunne & Duncan Watson, 2005. "Manufacturing Growth, Technological Progress, and Military Expenditure," Working Papers 0511, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giorgio d'Agostino & Luca Pieroni & J Paul Dunne, 2010. "Assessing the Effects of Military Expenditure on Growth," Working Papers 1012, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Cosimo Magazzino & Lorenzo Giolli & Marco Mele, 2015. "Wagner’s Law and Peacock and Wiseman’s Displacement Effect in European Union Countries: A Panel Data Study," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 812-819.
- Alper Aslan, 2012. "The Relationship Between Military Spending and Black Market Premium in Greece: An ARDL Approach," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 19(2), pages 155-161, November.
- Julien Malizard, 2014. "Defense Spending and Unemployment in France," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(6), pages 635-642, December.
- Michael Chletsos & Stelios Roupakias, 2017. "Defense Spending and Unemployment. Evidence from Southern European Countries," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 23(1), pages 1-36, January.
- Suna Korkmaz, 2015. "The Effect of Military Spending on Economic Growth and Unemployment in Mediterranean Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 273-280.
- Muhammad Azam & Faisal Khan & Khalid Zaman & Amran Md. Rasli, 2016. "Military Expenditures and Unemployment Nexus for Selected South Asian Countries," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 127(3), pages 1103-1117, July.
More about this item
KeywordsMilitary spending; Unemployment; Panel Granger causality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:defpea:v:20:y:2009:i:4:p:253-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GDPE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.