Local government taxation: An analysis of administrative cost inefficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- De Borger, B & Kerstens, K. & Moesen, W. & Vanneste, J., 1994.
"Explaining Differences in Productive Efficiency: An Application to Belgian Municipalities,"
Springer, pages 339-358.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, K. & MOESEN, Wim & VANNESTE, Jacques, 1992. "Explaining differences in productive efficiency: An application to Belgian municipalities," SESO Working Papers 1992003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
- Ari Kuncoro, 2004. "Bribery in Indonesia: some evidence from micro-level data," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 329-354.
- Blane Lewis, 2003. "Tax And Charge Creation By Regional Governments Under Fiscal Decentralisation: Estimates And Explanations," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 177-192.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Tom Kompas & Tuong Nhu Che, 2003. "Efficiency Gains and Cost Reductions from Individual Transferable Quotas: A Stochastic Cost Frontier for," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec03-6, International and Development Economics.
- Blane D. Lewis, 2005. "Indonesian Local Government Spending, Taxing and Saving: An Explanation of Pre- and Post-decentralization Fiscal Outcomes ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 291-317, September.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sjahrir, Bambang Suharnoko & Kis-Katos, Krisztina & Schulze, Günther G., 2014.
"Administrative Overspending in Indonesian Districts: The Role of Local Politics,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 166-183.
- Bambang Suharnoko Sjahrir & Krisztina Kis-Katos & Guenther G. Schulze, 2013. "Administrative overspending in Indonesian districts: The role of local politics," Discussion Paper Series 24, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Jul 2013.
- Elena Villar Rubio & Pedro Enrique Barrilao González & Juan Delgado Alaminos, 2017. "Relative efficiency within a tax administration: The effects of result improvement," REVISTA FINANZAS Y POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE COLOMBIA, vol. 9(1), pages 135-149, February.
- Laurent Corthay, 2009. "Local Taxes, Regulations, and the Business Environment : Finding the Right Balance," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10566, The World Bank.
- United Cities and Local Governments, 2011. "Local Government Finance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14696, September.
- Paul Smoke, 2013. "Why Theory and Practice are Different: The Gap Between Principles and Reality in Subnational Revenue Systems," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1313, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Paul Smoke, 2014. "Why theory and practice are different: The gap between principles and reality in subnational revenue systems," Chapters,in: Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 9, pages 287-325 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Richard M. Bird, 2015. "Fiscal Decentralization and Decentralizing Tax Administration: Different Questions, Different Answers," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1509, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Ari Perdana & Deni Friawan, 2007. "Economic Crisis, Institutional Changes and the Effectiveness of Government : the Case of Indonesia," Governance Working Papers 21905, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:bindes:v:42:y:2006:i:2:p:213-233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CBIE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.