Intra- and inter-household externalities in children's schooling: evidence from rural residential neighbourhoods in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mohammad Niaz Asadullah, 2008. "Sense in sociability? Maternal education, social capital and child schooling in rural Bangladesh," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 482-496.
- Andrew D. Foster & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2002. "Household Division and Rural Economic Growth," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(4), pages 839-869.
- Basu, Kaushik & Foster, James E, 1998. "On Measuring Literacy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1733-1749, November.
- Quentin Wodon, 2000.
"Microdeterminants of consumption, poverty, growth, and inequality in Bangladesh,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(10), pages 1337-1352.
- Wodon, Quentin T., 1999. "Microdeterminants of consumption, poverty, growth, and inequality in Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2076, The World Bank.
- Charles F. Manski, 2000. "Economic Analysis of Social Interactions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 115-136, Summer.
- M. N. Asadullah & S. Rahman, 2009.
"Farm productivity and efficiency in rural Bangladesh: the role of education revisited,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(1), pages 17-33.
- M Niaz Asadullah & Sanzidur Rahman, 2005. "Farm productivity and efficiency in rural Bangladesh:The role of education revisited," CSAE Working Paper Series 2005-10, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Asadullah, M. Niaz & Rahman, Sanzidur, 2006. "Farm Productivity and Efficiency in Rural Bangladesh: The Role of Education Revisited," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25482, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Niaz Asadullah, Mohammad & Chaudhury, Nazmul & Dar, Amit, 2007.
"Student achievement conditioned upon school selection: Religious and secular secondary school quality in Bangladesh,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 648-659, December.
- Mohammad Niaz Asadullah (Reading University), Nazmul Chaudhury (World Bank) and Amit Dar (World Bank), "undated". "Student Achievement Conditioned Upon School Selection: Religious and Secular Secondary School Quality in Bangladesh," QEH Working Papers qehwps140, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Mohammad Niaz Asadullah, 2006.
"Returns to Education in Bangladesh,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 453-468.
- Mohammad Niaz Asadullah (SKOPE, Department of Economics), "undated". "Returns to Education in Bangladesh," QEH Working Papers qehwps130, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- M Niaz Asadullah, 2005. "Returns to education in Bangladesh," Development and Comp Systems 0511020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Niaz Asadullah, 2005. "The effect of class size on student achievement: evidence from Bangladesh," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 217-221.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Basu, Kaushik & Narayan, Ambar & Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Is literacy shared within households? Theory and evidence for Bangladesh," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 649-665, December.
- Donna Ginther & Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 2000. "Neighborhood Attributes as Determinants of Children's Outcomes: How Robust Are the Relationships?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(4), pages 603-642.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gulati, Namrata & Ray, Tridip, 2016.
"Inequality, neighbourhoods and welfare of the poor,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 214-228.
- Namrata Gulati & Tridip Ray, 2011. "Inequality, neighbourhoods and welfare of the poor," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 11-07, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:43:y:2011:i:14:p:1749-1767. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.