The productivity debate of East Asia revisited: a stochastic frontier approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Young Hoon Lee & Sangho Kim, 2004. "The Productivity Debate of East Asia Revisited: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 776, Econometric Society.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim Jong-Il & Lau Lawrence J., 1994. "The Sources of Economic Growth of the East Asian Newly Industrialized Countries," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 235-271, September.
- Mahadevan, Renuka & Kalirajan, Kali, 2000. "Singapore's Manufacturing Sector's TFP Growth: A Decomposition Analysis," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 828-839, December.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1990. "Production frontiers, panel data, and time-varying technical inefficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 201-211.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Renuka Mahadevan, 2003. "To Measure or Not To Measure Total Factor Productivity Growth?," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 365-378.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Alwyn Young, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-680.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Pack, Howard & Westphal, Larry E., 1986. "Industrial strategy and technological change : Theory versus reality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 87-128, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heru Margono & Subhash Sharma & Kevin Sylwester & Usama Al-Qalawi, 2009. "Technical efficiency and productivity analysis in Indonesian provincial economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 663-672.
- Maria Baquero Forero & Takanori Ida & Toshifumi Kuroda, 2015. "Institutions and Cultural Heterogeneity as Determinants of National Income: A Random-coefficients Stochastic Frontier Model," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 710-724, August.
- Robin C. Sickles & Jiaqi Hao & Chenjun Shang, 2014. "Panel data and productivity measurement: an analysis of Asian productivity trends," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 211-231, August.
- Sickles, Robin C. & Hao, Jiaqi & Shang, Chenjun, 2015. "Panel Data and Productivity Measurement," Working Papers 15-018, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Sangho Kim & Mazlina Shafi'i, 2009. "Factor Determinants of Total Factor Productivity Growth in Malaysian Manufacturing Industries: a decomposition analysis," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(1), pages 48-65, May.
- Seung Ahn & Young Lee & Peter Schmidt, 2007. "Stochastic frontier models with multiple time-varying individual effects," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Kim, Sangho & Park, Donghyun & Park, Jong-Ho, 2009. "Productivity Growth in Different Firm Sizes in the Malaysian Manufacturing Sector: An Empirical Investigation," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 176, Asian Development Bank.
- W. R. Garside, 2012. "Japan’s Great Stagnation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14624.
- Sangho Kim, 2014. "Estimating Productivity Growth In The Korean Economy Without Restrictive Assumptions," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(2), pages 520-532, April.
- Lee, Young Hoon, 2010. "Group-specific stochastic production frontier models with parametric specifications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(2), pages 508-517, January.
More about this item
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:38:y:2006:i:14:p:1697-1706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.