Regional welfare disparities: the case of the European Union
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joan Esteban & Carlos Gradin & Debraj Ray, 1999.
"Extensions of a Measure of Polarization with an Application to the Income Distribution of Five OECD Countries,"
LIS Working papers
218, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Esteban, J. & Gradin, C. & Ray, D., 1999. "Extension of a Measure of Polarization, with an Application to the Income Distribution of Five OECD Countries," Papers 24, El Instituto de Estudios Economicos de Galicia Pedro Barrie de la Maza.
- Juan Antonio Duro Moreno, 2001. "Cross-country inequalities in aggregate welfare: some evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 403-406.
- Esteban, Joan & Ray, Debraj, 1994.
"On the Measurement of Polarization,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 819-851, July.
- Joan-Maria Esteban & Debraj Ray, 1991. "On the Measurement of Polarization," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 18, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Esteban, J. & Ray, D., 1993. "On the Measurement of Polarization," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 221.93, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Esteban, J.M. & Ray, D., 1992. "On the Measurement of Polarization," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 171.92, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Differences in Needs and Assessment of Income Distributions," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 77-124, April.
- Raffaele Paci & Francesco Pigliaru, 1999.
"Is dualism still a source of convergence in Europe?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(11), pages 1423-1436.
- R. Paci & F. Pigliaru, 1997. "Is dualism still a source of convergence in Europe?," Working Paper CRENoS 199705, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Raffaele Paci & Francesco Pigliaru, 1998. "Is dualism still a source of convergence in Europe?," ERSA conference papers ersa98p462, European Regional Science Association.
- Quah, Danny, 1997. "Empirics for Growth and Distribution: Stratification, Polarization, and Convergence Clubs," CEPR Discussion Papers 1586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Vastrup, Jacob, 2001. "On the measurement of [sigma]-convergence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 283-287, February.
- Raffaele Paci, 1997.
"More similar and less equal: Economic growth in the European regions,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 133(4), pages 609-634, December.
- R. Paci, 1996. "More similar and less equal. Economic growth in the European regions," Working Paper CRENoS 199609, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Adolfo Maza & Jose Villaverde, 2004. "Regional disparities in the EU: mobility and polarization," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(8), pages 517-522.
- Fingleton, B & McCombie, J S L, 1998. "Increasing Returns and Economic Growth: Some Evidence for Manufacturing from the European Union Regions," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 89-105, January.
- Kremer, Michael & Onatski, Alexei & Stock, James, 2001. "Searching for prosperity," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 275-303, December.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Carlos Gil & Pedro Pascual & Manuel Rapun, 2005. "Regional inequality in the European Union: Does industry mix matter?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(6), pages 679-697.
- Davies, J. B. & Shorrocks, A. F., 1989. "Optimal grouping of income and wealth data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 97-108, September.
- T. Mora, 2004. "Role of mobility in evolution of disparities: European regions evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 325-328.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexiadis, Stilianos & Eleftheriou, Konstantinos, 2010. "The Morphology of Income Convergence in US States: New Evidence using an Error-Correction-Model," MPRA Paper 20096, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexiadis Stilianos & Korres George, 2010. "Adoption of Technology and Regional Convergence in Europe," European Spatial Research and Policy, De Gruyter Open, vol. 17(2), pages 95-105, October.
- Alexiadis, Stilianos & Kokkidis, Stilianos, 2010. "Convergence in Agriculture: Evidence from the regions of an Enlarged EU," MPRA Paper 26011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stilianos Alexiadis & Alexandros Alexandrakis, 2008. "Threshold Conditions and Regional Convergence in European Agriculture," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 1(2), pages 13-37, December.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino, 2016. "European regional convergence revisited: the role of intangible assets," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 57(1), pages 165-194, July.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino, 2013. "European regional convergence revisited: The role of space and the intangible assets," Working Papers 2013/11, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:37:y:2005:i:12:p:1423-1437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.