Foreign direct investment spillovers and technical efficiency in the Indonesian pharmaceutical sector: firm level evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sofiane Ghali & Sami Rezgui, 2008. "FDI Contribution to Technical Efficiency in the Tunisian Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers 421, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
- Shandre M. Thangavelu & Sanja Samirana Pattnayak, 2006. "Linkages and Spillovers from Foreign Ownership in the Indian Pharmaceutical Firms," Development Economics Working Papers 22579, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Shandre M. Thangavelu & Sanja Samirana Pattnayak, 2006. "Linkages and Spillovers from Foreign Ownership in the Indian Pharmaceutical Firms," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0605, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Thomas Hatzichronoglou, 1997. "Revision of the High-Technology Sector and Product Classification," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1997/2, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anwar, Sajid & Cooray, Arusha, 2015. "Financial flows and per capita income in developing countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 304-314.
- Asif Hussain & Xue Yang & Lu Yali & MS Nazir, 2020. "Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) by Asian and European Union (EU) Countries: The Investment Effects of Pharmaceutical Sector," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 12(4), pages 1-16, April.
- Hui Wang & Huifang Liu, 2017. "An Empirical Research of FDI Spillovers and Financial Development Threshold Effects in Different Regions of China," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(6), pages 1-21, June.
- Elisa Giuliani & Chiara Macchi, 2014.
"Multinational corporations’ economic and human rights impacts on developing countries: a review and research agenda,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 479-517.
- Elisa Giuliani & Chiara Macchi, 2013. "Multinational Corporations' Economic And Human Rights Impacts On Developing Countries: A Review And Research Agenda," Discussion Papers 2013/158, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Hu, Yong & Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Su, Baozhong, 2020. "Technological spillover through industrial and regional linkages: Firm-level evidence from China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 523-545.
- KARGI, Bilal, 2014.
"Portfolio in Turkish Economy, and A Long Termed Relation Between Foreign Direct Investments and The Growth, and The Structural Breakage Analysis (1980-2012),"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 70-81.
- Bilal Kargi, 2014. "Portfolio In Turkish Economy, And A Long Termed Relation Between Foreign Direct Investments And The Growth, And The Structural Breakage Analysis (1980-2012)," Journal of Academic Research in Economics, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta, vol. 6(1 (March)), pages 70-81.
- KARGI, Bilal, 2014. "Portfolio in Turkish Economy, and A Long Termed Relation Between Foreign Direct Investments and The Growth, and The Structural Breakage Analysis (1980-2012)," MPRA Paper 56086, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dyah Wulan Sari & Noor Aini Khalifah & Suyanto Suyanto, 2016. "The spillover effects of foreign direct investment on the firms’ productivity performances," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 199-233, December.
- Moralles, Herick Fernando & Moreno, Rosina, 2020. "FDI productivity spillovers and absorptive capacity in Brazilian firms: A threshold regression analysis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 257-272.
- Dyah Wulan Sari, 2019. "The Potential Horizontal and Vertical Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment on Indonesian Manufacturing Industries," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 38(4), pages 299-310, December.
- Hien T. N. Huynh & Phuong V. Nguyen & Hoa D. X. Trieu & Khoa T. Tran, 2021. "Productivity Spillover from FDI to Domestic Firms across Six Regions in Vietnam," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 57(1), pages 59-75, January.
- Minjung Kim, 2015. "Productivity spillovers from FDI and the role of domestic firm’s absorptive capacity in South Korean manufacturing industries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 807-827, March.
- Turnbull, Christopher & Sun, Sizhong & Anwar, Sajid, 2016. "Trade liberalisation, inward FDI and productivity within Australia’s manufacturing sector," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 41-51.
- Sajid Anwar & Sizhong Sun, 2019. "Firm heterogeneity and FDI-related productivity spillovers: A theoretical investigation," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 1-10, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rosanna Pittiglio Author-Email: email@example.com, 2016. "Vertical Spillovers from Multinational Enterprises: Does Technological Gap Matter?," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 63(3), pages 313-323, June.
- Elif Bascavusoglu & Maria Pluvia Zuniga, 2005.
"The effects of intellectual property protection on international knowledge contracting,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
bla05009, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Elif Bascavusoglu & Maria Pluvia Zuniga, 2005. "The effects of intellectual property protection on international knowledge contracting," Post-Print halshs-00193398, HAL.
- Dzikowski Piotr, 2016. "The Importance of Vertical Linkages for the Innovation Activity of Medium-High and High Technology Industries in Poland," International Journal of Management and Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of World Economy, vol. 51(1), pages 90-103, September.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Marco Vivarelli, 2012.
"The Job Creation Effect Of R&D Expenditures,"
Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 96-113, June.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Marco Vivarelli, 2010. "The job creation effect of R&D expenditures," Working Papers 2010/55, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Francesco Bogliacino & Marco Vivarelli, 2010. "The job creation effect of R&D expenditures," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2010-04, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2010. "The Job Creation Effect of R&D Expenditures," IZA Discussion Papers 4728, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ortega-Argilés, Raquel & Piva, Mariacristina & Vivarelli, Marco, 2011.
"Productivity Gains from R&D Investment: Are High-Tech Sectors Still Ahead?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5975, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2013. "Productivity gains from R&D investment: are high-tech sectors still ahead?," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1390, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Ioanna Kastelli & Aggelos Tsakanikas & Yannis Caloghirou, 2018. "Technology transfer as a mechanism for dynamic transformation in the food sector," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 882-900, August.
- Pierre Mohnen & Pierre Therrien, 2005.
"Comparing the Innovation Performance in Canadian, French and German Manufacturing Enterprises,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Mohnen, P. & Therrien, P., 2016. "Comparing the innovation performance in Canadian, French and German manufacturing enterprises," Research Memorandum 028, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Maha Kalai, 2019. "Nonparametric Measures of Capacity Utilization of the Tunisian Manufacturing Industry: Short- and Long-Run Dual Approach," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 10(1), pages 318-334, March.
- de Jong, Jeroen P.J. & Marsili, Orietta, 2006. "The fruit flies of innovations: A taxonomy of innovative small firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 213-229, March.
- Carmem Aparecida Feijo & Paulo Gonzaga M. de Carvalho & Maristella Schaefers Rodriguez, 2001. "Concentração Industrial e Produtividade do Trabalho na Indústria de Transformação nos Anos Noventa: Evidências Empíricas," Anais do XXIX Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 29th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 058, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Markus Kelle, 2013. "Crossing Industry Borders: German Manufacturers as Services Exporters," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(12), pages 1494-1515, December.
- Fassio Claudio, 2011. "Sectoral invariances or distance-from-the-frontier effect among European mid-low tech sectors," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201115, University of Turin.
- Davide Castellani & Mariacristina Piva & Torben Schubert & Marco Vivarelli, 2018. "The source of the US /EU Productivity Gap:Less and less effective R&D," LEM Papers Series 2018/16, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Guido Cozzi & Giammario Impullitti, 2010.
"Government Spending Composition, Technical Change, and Wage Inequality,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(6), pages 1325-1358, December.
- Guido Cozzi & Giammario Impullitti, 2008. "Government spending composition, technical change and wage inequality," Working Papers 2009_02, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2017.
"The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 30-42.
- Jürgen Janger & Torben Schubert & Petra Andries & Christian Rammer & Machteld Hoskens, 2016. "The EU 2020 Innovation Indicator. A Step Forward in Measuring Innovation Outputs and Outcomes?," WIFO Working Papers 529, WIFO.
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2016. "The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-072, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Felipe, Jesus & Kumar, Utsav & Abdon, Arnelyn & Bacate, Marife, 2012. "Product complexity and economic development," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 36-68.
- Meghnad Desai & Sakiko Fukuda-Parr & Claes Johansson & Fransisco Sagasti, 2002.
"Measuring the Technology Achievement of Nations and the Capacity to Participate in the Network Age,"
Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 95-122.
- M. Desai, S. Fukuda-Parr, C. Johansson, and F. Sagasti, 2002. "Measuring Technology Achievement of Nations and the Capacity to Participate in the Network Age," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2002-22, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Hockmann, Heinrich & Garzon Delvaux, Pedro Andres & Voigt, Peter & Ciaian, Pavel & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2018.
"Corporate R&D and the performance of food-processing firms: Evidence from Europe, Japan and North America,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 233-247.
- Hockmann, Heinrich & Delvaux, Pedro Andres Garzon & Voigt,Peter & Ciaian, Pavel & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2018. "Corporate R&D and the performance of food-processing firms: Evidence from Europe, Japan and North America," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 7(3), December.
- Hockmann, Heinrich & Garzon Delvaux, Pedro Andres & Voigt, Peter & Ciaian, Pavel & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2017. "Corporate R&D and the performance of foodprocessing firms: Evidence from Europe, Japan and North America," 2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy 261274, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sergio Alessandrini, 2014. "Employment creation through inward FDI in the EMFTA and employment linkages within sectors," Chapters, in: Carlo Altomonte & Massimiliano Ferrara (ed.), The Economic and Political Aftermath of the Arab Spring, chapter 3, pages 79-105, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Wladimir Raymond & Pierre Mohnen & Franz Palm & Sybrand Loeff, 2006. "A Classification of Dutch Manufacturing based on a Model of Innovation," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 85-105, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:45:y:2013:i:3:p:383-395. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.