On Cross-Currency Models with Stochastic Volatility and Correlated Interest Rates
We construct multi-currency models with stochastic volatility (SV) and correlated stochastic interest rates with a full matrix of correlations. We first deal with a foreign exchange (FX) model of Heston-type, in which the domestic and foreign interest rates are generated by the short-rate process of Hull--White (Hull, J. and White, A.  Pricing interest-rate derivative securities, Review of Financial Studies , 3, pp. 573--592). We then extend the framework by modelling the interest rate by an SV displaced-diffusion (DD) Libor Market Model (Andersen, L. B. G. and Andreasen, J.  Volatility skews and extensions of the libor market model, Applied Mathematics Finance , 1, pp. 1--32), which can model an interest rate smile. We provide semi-closed form approximations which lead to efficient calibration of the multi-currency models. Finally, we add a correlated stock to the framework and discuss the construction, model calibration and pricing of equity--FX--interest rate hybrid pay-offs.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 19 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark H. A. Davis & Vicente Mataix-Pastor, 2009. "Arbitrage-Free Interpolation Of The Swap Curve," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(07), pages 969-1005.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985.
"A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Erik Schlögl, 2001. "Arbitrage-Free Interpolation in Models of Market Observable Interest Rates," Research Paper Series 71, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2008. "Fourier Transform Method With An Asymptotic Expansion Approach: An Application To Currency Options," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(04), pages 381-401.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2010. "An Equity-Interest Rate Hybrid Model With Stochastic Volatility and the Interest Rate Smile," MPRA Paper 20574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erik Schlögl, 2002.
"A multicurrency extension of the lognormal interest rate Market Models,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 173-196.
- Erik Schlögl, 1999. "A Multicurrency Extension of the Lognormal Interest Rate Market Models," Research Paper Series 20, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-592.
- David Heath & Robert Jarrow & Andrew Morton, 2008.
"Bond Pricing And The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: A New Methodology For Contingent Claims Valuation,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 13, pages 277-305
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Fang, Fang & Oosterlee, Kees, 2008.
"A Novel Pricing Method For European Options Based On Fourier-Cosine Series Expansions,"
7700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fang, Fang & Oosterlee, Kees, 2008. "A Novel Pricing Method For European Options Based On Fourier-Cosine Series Expansions," MPRA Paper 9319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rudiger Frey & Daniel Sommer, 1996. "A systematic approach to pricing and hedging international derivatives with interest rate risk: analysis of international derivatives under stochastic interest rates," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 295-317.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
NBER Working Papers
7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Alexander van Haastrecht & Antoon Pelsser, 2011. "Generic pricing of FX, inflation and stock options under stochastic interest rates and stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 665-691.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2009. "On The Heston Model with Stochastic Interest Rates," MPRA Paper 20620, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jan 2010.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:19:y:2012:i:1:p:1-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.