Fourier Transform Method with an Asymptotic Expansion Approach: an Application to Currency Options
This paper develops a Fourier transform method with an asymptotic expansion approach for option pricing. The method is applied to European currency options with a libor market model of interest rates and jump-diffusion stochastic volatility models of spot exchange rates. In particular, we derive closed-form approximation formulas of the characteristic functions of log-prices of the underlying assets and the prices of currency options based on a third order asymptotic expansion scheme; we use a jump- diffusion model with a mean-reverting stochastic variance process such as in Heston  / Bates  and log-normal market models for domestic and foreign interest rates. Finally, the validity of our method is confirmed through numerical examples.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takao Kobayashi & Akihiko Takahashi & Norio Tokioka, 2001.
"Dynamic Optimality of Yield Curve Strategies,"
CIRJE-F-141, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Takao Kobayashi & Akihiko Takahashi & Norio Tokioka, 2004. "Dynamic Optimality of Yield Curve Strategies," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-299, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Miltersen, Kristian R & Sandmann, Klaus & Sondermann, Dieter, 1997. " Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 409-430, March.
- Miltersen, K. & K. Sandmann & D. Sondermann, 1994. "Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Serie B 308, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Bates, David S, 1996. "Jumps and Stochastic Volatility: Exchange Rate Processes Implicit in Deutsche Mark Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 69-107.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2005. "Monte Carlo Simulation with Asymptotic Method," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-335, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Yoshifumi Muroi, 2005. "Pricing contingent claims with credit risk: Asymptotic expansion approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 415-427, 07.
- Jiro Akahori & Shigeyoshi Ogawa & Shinzo Watanabe (ed.), 2004. "Stochastic Processes and Applications to Mathematical Finance," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 5487, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2008cf538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.