Fourier Transform Method with an Asymptotic Expansion Approach: an Application to Currency Options
This paper develops a Fourier transform method with an asymptotic expansion approach for option pricing. The method is applied to European currency options with a libor market model of interest rates and jump-diffusion stochastic volatility models of spot exchange rates. In particular, we derive closed-form approximation formulas of the characteristic functions of log-prices of the underlying assets and the prices of currency options based on a third order asymptotic expansion scheme; we use a jump- diffusion model with a mean-reverting stochastic variance process such as in Heston  / Bates  and log-normal market models for domestic and foreign interest rates. Finally, the validity of our method is confirmed through numerical examples.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takao Kobayashi & Akihiko Takahashi & Norio Tokioka, 2001.
"Dynamic Optimality of Yield Curve Strategies,"
CIRJE-F-141, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Miltersen, Kristian R & Sandmann, Klaus & Sondermann, Dieter, 1997.
" Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 409-430, March.
- Miltersen, K. & K. Sandmann & D. Sondermann, 1994. "Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Serie B 308, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Yoshifumi Muroi, 2005. "Pricing contingent claims with credit risk: Asymptotic expansion approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 415-427, 07.
- Jiro Akahori & Shigeyoshi Ogawa & Shinzo Watanabe (ed.), 2004. "Stochastic Processes and Applications to Mathematical Finance," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 5487, 04.
- Bates, David S, 1996. "Jumps and Stochastic Volatility: Exchange Rate Processes Implicit in Deutsche Mark Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 69-107.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2005. "Monte Carlo Simulation with Asymptotic Method," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-335, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2008cf538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.