A New Improvement Scheme for Approximation Methods of Probability Density Functions
This paper develops a new scheme for improving an approximation method of a probability density function, which is inspired by the idea in best approximation in an inner product space . Moreover, we applies "Dykstra's cyclic projections algorithm" for its implementation. Numerical examples for application to an asymptotic expansion method in option pricing demonstrate the effectiveness of our scheme under Black-Scholes and SABR models.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger W. Lee, 2004. "The Moment Formula For Implied Volatility At Extreme Strikes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 469-480.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2010. "A Hybrid Asymptotic Expansion Scheme: An Application To Long-Term Currency Options," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(08), pages 1179-1221.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2010. "A Hybrid Asymptotic Expansion Scheme: an Application to Long-term Currency Options," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-734, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kyo Yamamoto & Seisho Sato & Akihiko Takahashi, 2008. "Probability Distribution and Option Pricing for Drawdown in a Stochastic Volatility Environment," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-596, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2005. "Monte Carlo Simulation with Asymptotic Method," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-335, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2013cf874. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.