Pricing Barrier and Average Options under Stochastic Volatility Environment
This paper proposes a new approximation method of pricing barrier and average options under stochastic volatility environment by applying an asymptotic expansion approach. In particular, a high-order expansion scheme for general multi-dimensional diffusion processes is effectively applied. Moreover, the paper combines a static hedging method with the asymptotic expansion method for pricing barrier options. Finally, numerical examples show that the fourth or fifth-order asymptotic expansion scheme provides sufficiently accurate approximations under the λ-SABR and SABR models.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kyo Yamamoto & Akihiko Takahashi, 2008. "A Remark on a Singular Perturbation Method for Option Pricing under a Stochastic Volatility Model ( Forthcoming in "Asia-Pacific Financial Markets". )," CARF F-Series CARF-F-139, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Naoto Kunitomo & Akihiko Takahashi, 2001. "The Asymptotic Expansion Approach to the Valuation of Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 117-151.
- Nielsen, J. Aase & Sandmann, Klaus, 2003. "Pricing Bounds on Asian Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 449-473, June.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Chuan-Hsiang Han, 2003. "Pricing Asian options with stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(5), pages 353-362.
- Ryosuke Matsuoka & Akihiko Takahashi & Yoshihiko Uchida, 2004. "A New Computational Scheme for Computing Greeks by the Asymptotic Expansion Approach," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 11(4), pages 393-430, December.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2005. "Monte Carlo Simulation with Asymptotic Method," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-335, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Syoiti Ninomiya & Nicolas Victoir, 2008. "Weak Approximation of Stochastic Differential Equations and Application to Derivative Pricing," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 107-121.
- Yoshifumi Muroi, 2005. "Pricing contingent claims with credit risk: Asymptotic expansion approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 415-427, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2009cf682. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.