An Asymptotic Expansion with Malliavin Weights: An Application to Pricing Discrete Barrier Options
This paper proposes a new approximation method for pricing barrier options with discrete monitoring under stochastic volatility environment. In particular, the integration-by-parts formula in Malliavin calculus is effectively applied in an asymptotic expansion approach. First, the paper derives an expansion formula for generalized Wiener functionals. After it is applied to pricing path-dependent derivatives with discrete monitoring, the paper presents an analytic (approximation) formula for valuation of discrete barrier options under stochastic volatility environment. To our knowledge, this paper is the first one that shows an analytical formula for pricing discrete barrier options with stochastic volatility models.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Akihiko Takahashi & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2004. "An Asymptotic Expansion Scheme for Optimal Investment Problems," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 153-188, May.
- Kenichiro Shiraya & Akihiko Takahashi & Masashi Toda, 2009. "Pricing Barrier and Average Options under Stochastic Volatility Environment," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-682, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Toshihiro Yamada, 2009. "An Asymptotic Expansion with Push-Down of Malliavin Weights," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-695, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Gianluca Fusai & I. Abrahams & Carlo Sgarra, 2006. "An exact analytical solution for discrete barrier options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 1-26, 01.
- Eric Fournié & Jean-Michel Lasry & Pierre-Louis Lions & Jérôme Lebuchoux, 2001. "Applications of Malliavin calculus to Monte-Carlo methods in finance. II," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 201-236.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2009cf696. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.