Pricing Average Options on Commodities
This paper proposes a new approximation formula for pricing average options on commodities under a stochastic volatility environment. In particular, it derives an option pricing formula under Heston and an extended lambda-SABR stochastic volatility models (which includes an extended SABR model as a special case). Moreover, numerical examples support the accuracy of the proposed average option pricing formula.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Graeme West, 2005. "Calibration of the SABR Model in Illiquid Markets," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 371-385.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Nakahiro Yoshida, 2005. "Monte Carlo Simulation with Asymptotic Method," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-335, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Chuan-Hsiang Han, 2003. "Pricing Asian options with stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(5), pages 353-362.
- Hoi Ying Wong & Ying Lok Cheung, 2004. "Geometric Asian options: valuation and calibration with stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 301-314.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Chuan-Hsiang Han, 2004. "Variance reduction for Monte Carlo methods to evaluate option prices under multi-factor stochastic volatility models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(5), pages 597-606.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2010cf747. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.