Geometric Asian options: valuation and calibration with stochastic volatility
This paper studies continuously sampled geometric Asian options (GAO) in a stochastic volatility economy. The underlying asset price is assumed to follow a geometric Brownian motion with stochastic volatility driven by a mean-reverting process. Semi-analytical pricing formulae for GAO are derived in a fast mean-reverting stochastic volatility economy by the means of a perturbation method. The effects of stochastic volatility on averaging type options are examined. A unified regression approach is proposed to capture smiles of some geometric Asian options and European options in one shot.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 4 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RQUF20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John E. Angus, 1999. "A note on pricing Asian derivatives with continuous geometric averaging," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(7), pages 845-858, October.
- Min Dai, 2003. "One-state variable binomial models for European-/American-style geometric Asian options," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 288-295.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Chuan-Hsiang Han, 2003. "Pricing Asian options with stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(5), pages 353-362.
- Klaus Sandmann & J. Aase Nielsen, 2002. "Pricing of Asian exchange rate options under stochastic interest rates as a sum of options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 355-370.
- Turnbull, Stuart M. & Wakeman, Lee Macdonald, 1991. "A Quick Algorithm for Pricing European Average Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 377-389, September.
- Vorst, Ton, 1992. "Prices and hedge ratios of average exchange rate options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 179-193.
- Boyle, Phelim P., 1977. "Options: A Monte Carlo approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 323-338, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:quantf:v:4:y:2004:i:3:p:301-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.