Geometric Asian options: valuation and calibration with stochastic volatility
This paper studies continuously sampled geometric Asian options (GAO) in a stochastic volatility economy. The underlying asset price is assumed to follow a geometric Brownian motion with stochastic volatility driven by a mean-reverting process. Semi-analytical pricing formulae for GAO are derived in a fast mean-reverting stochastic volatility economy by the means of a perturbation method. The effects of stochastic volatility on averaging type options are examined. A unified regression approach is proposed to capture smiles of some geometric Asian options and European options in one shot.
Volume (Year): 4 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RQUF20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boyle, Phelim P., 1977. "Options: A Monte Carlo approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 323-338, May.
- Vorst, Ton, 1992. "Prices and hedge ratios of average exchange rate options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 179-193.
- John E. Angus, 1999. "A note on pricing Asian derivatives with continuous geometric averaging," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(7), pages 845-858, October.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Klaus Sandmann & J. Aase Nielsen, 2002. "Pricing of Asian exchange rate options under stochastic interest rates as a sum of options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 355-370.
- Min Dai, 2003. "One-state variable binomial models for European-/American-style geometric Asian options," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 288-295.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Chuan-Hsiang Han, 2003. "Pricing Asian options with stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(5), pages 353-362.
- Turnbull, Stuart M. & Wakeman, Lee Macdonald, 1991. "A Quick Algorithm for Pricing European Average Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 377-389, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:quantf:v:4:y:2004:i:3:p:301-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.