Pricing currency options under two-factor Markov-modulated stochastic volatility models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Back, Kerry & Pliska, Stanley R., 1991. "On the fundamental theorem of asset pricing with an infinite state space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-18.
- Tobias Rydén & Timo Teräsvirta & Stefan Åsbrink, 1998.
"Stylized facts of daily return series and the hidden Markov model,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 217-244.
- Rydén, Tobias & Teräsvirta, Timo & Åsbrink, Stefan, 1996. "Stylized Facts of Daily Return Series and the Hidden Markov Model," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 117, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Robert J. Elliott & Leunglung Chan & Tak Kuen Siu, 2005. "Option pricing and Esscher transform under regime switching," Annals of Finance, Springer, pages 423-432.
- Schachermayer, W., 1992. "A Hilbert space proof of the fundamental theorem of asset pricing in finite discrete time," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 249-257.
- Johnson, Herb & Shanno, David, 1987. "Option Pricing when the Variance Is Changing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 143-151, June.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Pagan, Adrian R. & Schwert, G. William, 1990.
"Alternative models for conditional stock volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 267-290.
- Adrian R. Pagan & G. William Schwert, 1989. "Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility," NBER Working Papers 2955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagan, A.R. & Schwert, G.W., 1989. "Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility," Papers 89-02, Rochester, Business - General.
- Melino, Angelo & Turnbull, Stuart M., 1990. "Pricing foreign currency options with stochastic volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 239-265.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1983. "A stochastic calculus model of continuous trading: Complete markets," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 313-316, August.
- Garman, Mark B. & Kohlhagen, Steven W., 1983. "Foreign currency option values," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 231-237, December.
- Bühlmann, Hans & Delbaen, Freddy & Embrechts, Paul & Shiryaev, Albert N., 1998. "On Esscher Transforms in Discrete Finance Models," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 171-186, November.
- Bates, David S, 1996. "Jumps and Stochastic Volatility: Exchange Rate Processes Implicit in Deutsche Mark Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 69-107.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Boyle, Phelim P., 1977. "Options: A Monte Carlo approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 323-338, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bo, Lijun, 2011. "Exponential change of measure applied to term structures of interest rates and exchange rates," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 216-225, September.
- Jinzhi Li & Haiying Liu, 2015. "Optimal Investment for the Insurers in Markov-Modulated Jump-Diffusion Models," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 143-156, June.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:485:y:2017:i:c:p:91-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:149-163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anatoliy Swishchuk & Maksym Tertychnyi & Robert Elliott, 2014. "Pricing Currency Derivatives with Markov-modulated Levy Dynamics," Papers 1402.1953, arXiv.org.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:175-197 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothée Papin & Gabriel Turinici, 2014. "Prepayment option of a perpetual corporate loan: the impact of the funding costs," Post-Print hal-00768571, HAL.
- Papin, Timothée, 2013. "Pricing of Corporate Loan : Credit Risk and Liquidity cost," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/12545 edited by Turinici, Gabriel, March.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00768571 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothée Papin & Gabriel Turinici, 2013. "Valuation of the Prepayment Option of a Perpetual Corporate Loan," Post-Print hal-00653041, HAL.
- Fan, Kun & Shen, Yang & Siu, Tak Kuen & Wang, Rongming, 2014. "Pricing foreign equity options with regime-switching," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 296-305.
- Anatoliy Swishchuk & Maksym Tertychnyi & Winsor Hoang, 2014. "Currency Derivatives Pricing for Markov-modulated Merton Jump-diffusion Spot Forex Rate," Papers 1402.2273, arXiv.org.
- Lian, Yu-Min & Chen, Jun-Home & Liao, Szu-Lang, 2016. "Option pricing on foreign exchange in a Markov-modulated, incomplete-market economy," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 208-219.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7818 is not listed on IDEAS
- Su, Xiaonan & Wang, Wensheng & Hwang, Kyo-Shin, 2012. "Risk-minimizing option pricing under a Markov-modulated jump-diffusion model with stochastic volatility," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, pages 1777-1785.
- Siu, Tak Kuen, 2016. "A self-exciting threshold jump–diffusion model for option valuation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 168-193.
- Bo, Lijun & Wang, Yongjin & Yang, Xuewei, 2010. "Markov-modulated jump-diffusions for currency option pricing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 461-469, June.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrency options Two-factor stochastic volatility Regime switching Esscher transform Decomposition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:43:y:2008:i:3:p:295-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .