On cross-currency models with stochastic volatility and correlated interest rates
We construct multi-currency models with stochastic volatility and correlated stochastic interest rates with a full matrix of correlations. We frst deal with a foreign exchange (FX) model of Heston-type, in which the domestic and foreign interest rates are generated by the short-rate process of Hull-White [HW96]. We then extend the framework by modeling the interest rate by a stochastic volatility displaced-diffusion Libor Market Model [AA02], which can model an interest rate smile. We provide semi-closed form approximations which lead to effcient calibration of the multi-currency models. Finally, we add a correlated stock to the framework and discuss the construction, model calibration and pricing of equity- FX-interest rate hybrid payoffs.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
NBER Working Papers
7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Alexander van Haastrecht & Antoon Pelsser, 2011. "Generic pricing of FX, inflation and stock options under stochastic interest rates and stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 665-691.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2008. "Fourier Transform Method With An Asymptotic Expansion Approach: An Application To Currency Options," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(04), pages 381-401.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Fang, Fang & Oosterlee, Kees, 2008.
"A Novel Pricing Method For European Options Based On Fourier-Cosine Series Expansions,"
9319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fang, Fang & Oosterlee, Kees, 2008. "A Novel Pricing Method For European Options Based On Fourier-Cosine Series Expansions," MPRA Paper 7700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2010. "An Equity-Interest Rate Hybrid Model With Stochastic Volatility and the Interest Rate Smile," MPRA Paper 20574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2009. "On The Heston Model with Stochastic Interest Rates," MPRA Paper 20620, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jan 2010.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Erik Schlögl, 2001. "Arbitrage-Free Interpolation in Models of Market Observable Interest Rates," Research Paper Series 71, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Erik Schlögl, 2002.
"A multicurrency extension of the lognormal interest rate Market Models,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 173-196.
- Erik Schlögl, 1999. "A Multicurrency Extension of the Lognormal Interest Rate Market Models," Research Paper Series 20, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Rudiger Frey & Daniel Sommer, 1996. "A systematic approach to pricing and hedging international derivatives with interest rate risk: analysis of international derivatives under stochastic interest rates," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 295-317.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Mark H. A. Davis & Vicente Mataix-Pastor, 2009. "Arbitrage-Free Interpolation Of The Swap Curve," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(07), pages 969-1005.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.