High-Tech Exports from Developing Countries: A Symptom of Technology Spurts or Statistical Illusion?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Martin Srholec, 2005. "High-tech exports from developing countries: A symptom of technology spurts or statistical illusion?," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20051215, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alesina, Alberto & Devleeschauwer, Arnaud & Easterly, William & Kurlat, Sergio & Wacziarg, Romain, 2003.
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 155-194, June.
- Alberto Alesina & Arnaud Devleeschauwer & William Easterly & Sergio Kurlat & Romain Wacziarg, 2002. "Fractionalization," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1959, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Alberto Alesina & Arnaud Devleeschauwer & William Easterly & Sergio Kurlat & Romain Wacziarg, 2003. "Fractionalization," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/229724, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alesina, Alberto & Devleeschauwer, Arnaud & Wacziarg, Romain & Kurlat, Sergio & Easterly, William, 2003. "Fractionalization," Scholarly Articles 4553003, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Wacziarg, Romain & Alesina, Alberto & Devleeschauwer, Arnaud & Easterly, William & Kurlat, Sergio, 2002. "Fractionalization," Research Papers 1744, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Alberto Alesina & Arnaud Devleeschauwer & William Easterly & Sergio Kurlat & Romain Wacziarg, 2003. "Fractionalization," NBER Working Papers 9411, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Coco, Alberto, 2004.
"A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo),"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 629-654, April.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," SPRU Working Paper Series 111, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," CEIS Research Paper 44, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998.
"Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert Feenstra, 2003. "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Working Papers 986, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Boy Luthje, 2002. "Electronics Contract Manufacturing: Global Production and the International Division of Labor in the Age of the Internet," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 227-247.
- Pari Patel & Keith Pavitt, 1991. "Large Firms in the Production of the World’s Technology: An Important Case of “Non-Globalisation”," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Sanjaya Lall & Manuel Albaladejo & Jinkang Zhang, 2004.
"Mapping fragmentation: Electronics and automobiles in East Asia and Latin America,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 407-432.
- Sanjaya Lall, Manuel Albaladejo and Jinkang Zhang (QEH), "undated". "Mapping Fragmentation: Electronics and Automobiles in East Asia and Latin America," QEH Working Papers qehwps115, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Mike Hobday, 2003. "Innovation in Asian Industrialization: A Gerschenkronian Perspective," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 293-314.
- John Cantwell & Simona Iammarino, 1998. "MNCs, Technological Innovation and Regional Systems in the EU: Some Evidence in the Italian Case," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 383-408.
- Anna Kadeřábková & Martin Srholec, 2001. "Structural changes in transitive economies," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2001(4).
- Thomas Hatzichronoglou, 1997. "Revision of the High-Technology Sector and Product Classification," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1997/2, OECD Publishing.
- Jan Fagerberg, 1996. "Competitiveness, Scale and R&D," Working Papers Archives 1996545, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lectard, Pauline & Rougier, Eric, 2018.
"Can Developing Countries Gain from Defying Comparative Advantage? Distance to Comparative Advantage, Export Diversification and Sophistication, and the Dynamics of Specialization,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 90-110.
- Pauline LECTARD & Eric ROUGIER, 2017. "Can developing countries gain from defying comparative advantage? Distance to comparative advantage, export diversification and sophistication, and the dynamics of specialization," Cahiers du GREThA 2017-14, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Marek Rojíček, 2010.
"Konkurenceschopnost obchodu ČR v procesu globalizace
[Competitiveness of the Trade of the Czech Republic in the Process of Globalisation]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(2), pages 147-165.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Knell, Mark, 2007. "The Competitiveness of Nations: Why Some Countries Prosper While Others Fall Behind," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1595-1620, October.
- Andrea Éltet? & Ágnes Szunomár, 2016. "Chinese investment and trade ? strengthening ties with Central and Eastern Europe," International Journal of Business and Management, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 24-48, February.
- Kuroiwa, Ikuo, 2014. "Value added trade and structure of high-technology exports in China," IDE Discussion Papers 449, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Dahai Fu & Yanrui Wu & Yihong Tang, 2012.
"Does Innovation Matter for Chinese High-Tech Exports? A Firm-Level Analysis,"
Frontiers of Economics in China,
Higher Education Press, vol. 7(2), pages 218-245, June.
- Fu, Dahai & Wu, Yanrui & Tang, Yihong, 2010. "Does innovation matter for Chinese hightech exports? a firm-level analysis," MPRA Paper 30012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dahai Fu & Yanrui Wu & Yihong Tang, 2011. "Does Innovation Matter for Chinese High-Tech Exports? A Firm-Level Analysis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 11-21, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Éltető, Andrea, 2014.
"A visegrádi országok kereskedelme Ázsiával - a globális termelés lenyomata
[The trade of the Visegrád countries with Asia - a manifestation of global production]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(5), pages 586-608.
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2017.
"The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 30-42.
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2016. "The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-072, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jürgen Janger & Torben Schubert & Petra Andries & Christian Rammer & Machteld Hoskens, 2016. "The EU 2020 Innovation Indicator. A Step Forward in Measuring Innovation Outputs and Outcomes?," WIFO Working Papers 529, WIFO.
- Edinaldo Tebaldi, 2011. "The Determinants of High-Technology Exports: A Panel Data Analysis," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 39(4), pages 343-353, December.
- Srholec, Martin & Verspagen, Bart, 2008.
"The Voyage of the Beagle in Innovation Systems Land.Explorations on Sectors, Innovation, Heterogeneity and Selection,"
MERIT Working Papers
008, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Martin Srholec & Bart Verspagen, 2008. "The Voyage of the Beagle in Innovation Systems Land. Explorations on Sectors, Innovation, Heterogeneity and Selection," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20080220, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Richard Woodward & Elzbieta Wojnicka & Wojciech Pander, 2012. "Knowledge-Intensive Entrepreneurship and Opportunities in Two Polish Industries," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 440, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Andrea ÉLTETŐ & Katalin VÖLGYI, 2013. "Integrated in the global value chains - trade developments between Hungary and Asia," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 4, pages 57-79, June.
- Martin Borowiecki & Bernhard Dachs & Doris Hanzl-Weiss & Steffen Kinkel & Johannes Pöschl & Magdolna Sass & Thomas Christian Schmall & Robert Stehrer & Andrea Szalavetz, 2012. "Global Value Chains and the EU Industry," wiiw Research Reports 383, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Török, Ádám, 2009.
"Társadalomtudományi tények és természettudományos módszerek
[Social scientific facts and natural scientific techniques]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(12), pages 1067-1087.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s13132-015-0260-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pranav N. Desai, 2013. "Export Innovation System: Changing Structure of India’s Technology-Intensive Exports," Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies), Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 5(3), pages 21-52, October.
- Klimis Vogiatzoglou, 2009. "Determinants of Export Specialization in ICT Products: A Cross-Country Analysis," Working Papers 2009.3, International Network for Economic Research - INFER.
- repec:mth:jad888:v:3:y:2017:i:2:p:196-212 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:rfe:zbefri:v:35:y:2017:i:1:p:199-215 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yusuf, Sulaimon Aremu, 2014. "The Analysis of Export Performance of Newly Industrialized Countries (NICs): The Lesson for African Countries," MPRA Paper 55110, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsHigh-tech exports; fragmentation; intra-product trade;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:143:y:2007:i:2:p:227-255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.