Connection problems in mountains and monotonic allocation schemes
Directed minimum cost spanning tree problems of a special kind are studied,namely those which show up in considering the problem of connecting units (houses)in mountains with a purifier.For such problems an easy method is described to obtain a minimum cost spanning tree.The related cost sharing problem is tackled by considering thecorresponding cooperative cost game with the units as players and also the related connection games,for each unit one.The cores of the connection games have a simple structure and each core element can be extended to a population monotonic allocation scheme (pmas)and also to a bi-monotonic allocation scheme.These pmas-es for the connection games result in pmas-es for the cost game.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 10 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=120409 |
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norde, H.W. & Moretti, S. & Tijs, S.H., 2004.
"Minimum cost spanning tree games and population monotonic allocation schemes,"
Other publications TiSEM
bcaf99d7-5b94-437f-a89c-d, School of Economics and Management.
- Norde, Henk & Moretti, Stefano & Tijs, Stef, 2004. "Minimum cost spanning tree games and population monotonic allocation schemes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 84-97, April.
- Norde, H.W. & Moretti, S. & Tijs, S.H., 2001. "Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games and Population Monotonic Allocation Schemes," Discussion Paper 2001-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Norde, H.W. & Moretti, S. & Tijs, S.H., 2001. "Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games and Population Monotonic Allocation Schemes," Discussion Paper 2001-18, .
- William Thomson, 2007. "Fair Allocation Rules," RCER Working Papers 539, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:topjnl:v:10:y:2002:i:1:p:83-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.