Introduction to the special issue on new developments in social choice and welfare theories
Preliminary versions of most of the papers in this special issue of Annals of Economics and Statistics were presented at the annual conference of the ADRES (Association pour le Développement de la Recherche en Economie et Statistiques). This conference, untitled ``New Developments in Social Choice and Welfare Theories - Conferences in Honor of Maurice Salles" took place at the University of Caen Basse Normandy on June 10th-12th 2009. The articles collected here examine three aspects of modern social choice theory: the measure of inequality and welfare, the analysis of voting rules and voting behaviors, and the Arrovian aggregation.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 39 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00355/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fabrice Barthélémy & Mathieu MARTIN, 2007.
"A comparison between the methods of apportionment using power indices: the case of the U.S. presidential election,"
THEMA Working Papers
2007-26, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Fabrice BARTHELEMY & Mathieu MARTIN, 2011. "A Comparison Between the Methods of Apportionment Using Power Indices. The Case of the US Presidential Election," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 101-102, pages 87-106.
- Fabrice Barthelemy & Mathieu Martin, 2011. "A comparison between the methods of apportionment using power indices: the case of the U.S. presidential elections," THEMA Working Papers 2011-13, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Prasanta K. Pattanaik & Maurice Salles & Kotaro Suzumura, 2004. "Introduction," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 1-6, 02.
- Dominique LEPELLEY & Laurent VIDU, 2011. "Measurement of Voting Power : a Preliminary Analysis of an Historical French Electoral Episode Through Simulations," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 101-102, pages 71-86.
- Maurice Salles, 2005. "The launching of ‘social choice and welfare’ and the creation of the ‘society for social choice and welfare’," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 557-564, December.
- Nicolas Gabriel ANDJIGA & Issofa MOUYOUWOU & Joël MOULEN, 2011. "Generalized Binary Constitutions and the Whole Set of Arrovian Social Welfare Functions," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 101-102, pages 187-202.
- Nicolas Gravel & Benoit Tarroux, 2008.
"Freedom-Based Measurement of Living Standard,"
IDEP Working Papers
0808, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Nov 2008.
- Antoinette BAUJARD & Herrade IGERSHEIM & Thomas SENNE, 2011. "The Political Supply in the 2007 French Presidential Elections : An Analysis Based on Experimental Data," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 101-102, pages 149-186.
- William GEHRLEIN & Dominique LEPELLEY & Hatem SMAOUI, 2011. "The Condorcet Efficiency of Voting Rules with Mutually Coherent Voter Preferences : A Borda Compromise," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 101-102, pages 107-126.
- Frédéric CHANTREUIL & Alain TRANNOY, 2011. "Inequality Decomposition Values," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 101-102, pages 13-36.
- Boniface MBIH & Xingyu ZHAO, 2011. "No-Show Paradoxes under Parliamentary Agendas," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 101-102, pages 127-148.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:sochwe:v:39:y:2012:i:2:p:253-257. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.