Statistical regularity of firm size distribution: the Pareto IV and truncated Yule for Italian SCI manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, David S, 1987. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Luís M B Cabral & José Mata, 2003.
"On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1075-1090, September.
- Cabral, Luís M B & Mata, José, 2001. "On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 3045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Elena Cefis & Giovanni Dosi & Angelo Secchi, 2003.
"Invariances and Diversities in the Evolution of Manufacturing Industries,"
LEM Papers Series
2003/21, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- G. Bottazzi & E. Cefis & G. Dosi & A. Secchi, 2003. "Invariances and Diversities in the Evolution of Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 03-17, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Stanley, Michael H. R. & Buldyrev, Sergey V. & Havlin, Shlomo & Mantegna, Rosario N. & Salinger, Michael A. & Eugene Stanley, H., 1995. "Zipf plots and the size distribution of firms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 453-457, October.
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati, 2005.
"Pareto's Law of Income Distribution: Evidence for Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States,"
physics/0504217, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2006.
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati, 2005. "Pareto's Law of Income Distribution: Evidence for Grermany, the United Kingdom, and the United States," Microeconomics 0505006, EconWPA.
- Clive Bell & Stefan Klonner, 2005. "Output, prices, and the distribution of consumption in rural India," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(1), pages 29-40, July.
- Eleonora Bartoloni & Maurizio Baussola, 2009. "The Persistence of Profits, Sectoral Heterogeneity and Firms' Characteristics," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 87-111.
- Peter Hart & Nicholas Oulton, 1999. "Gibrat, Galton and Job Generation," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 149-164.
- Peter Hart & Nicholas Oulton, 1997. "Zipf and the size distribution of firms," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 205-206.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cirillo, Pasquale & Hüsler, Jürg, 2009. "On the upper tail of Italian firms’ size distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1546-1554.
- Segarra, Agustí & Teruel, Mercedes, 2012. "An appraisal of firm size distribution: Does sample size matter?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 314-328.
- Gao, Baojun & Chan, Wai Kin (Victor) & Li, Hongyi, 2015. "On the increasing inequality in size distribution of China's listed companies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 25-41.
- Cortés, Lina M. & Mora-Valencia, Andrés & Perote, Javier, 2017.
"Measuring firm size distribution with semi-nonparametric densities,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 485(C), pages 35-47.
- Lina Cortés & Andrés Mora-Valencia & Javier Perote, 2017. "Measuring firm size distribution with semi-nonparametric densities," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 015300, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Crosato, Lisa & Destefanis, Sergio & Ganugi, Piero, 2007. "Technology and Firm Size Distribution:Evidence from Italian Manufacturing," CELPE Discussion Papers 102, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Pasquale Cirillo, 2009. "Some evidence about the evolution of the size distribution of Italian firms by age," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 1723-1730.
- repec:spr:jeicoo:v:12:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11403-015-0152-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Cirillo, Pasquale, 2010. "An analysis of the size distribution of Italian firms by age," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(3), pages 459-466.
- Dmitry I. Malakhov & Nikolay P. Pilnik & Igor G. Pospelov, 2015. "Stability of Distribution of Relative Sizes of Banks as an Argument for the Use of the Representative Agent Concept," HSE Working papers WP BRP 116/EC/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFirm size distribution; Pareto distributions; Yule distribution; Gibrat’s Law; L11; L60; C16;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:stmapp:v:16:y:2007:i:1:p:85-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.