Statistical regularity of firm size distribution: the Pareto IV and truncated Yule for Italian SCI manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, David S, 1987. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Luís M B Cabral & José Mata, 2003. "On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1075-1090.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Elena Cefis & Giovanni Dosi & Angelo Secchi, 2003.
"Invariances and Diversities in the Evolution of Manufacturing Industries,"
LEM Papers Series
2003/21, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- G. Bottazzi & E. Cefis & G. Dosi & A. Secchi, 2003. "Invariances and Diversities in the Evolution of Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 03-17, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Stanley, Michael H. R. & Buldyrev, Sergey V. & Havlin, Shlomo & Mantegna, Rosario N. & Salinger, Michael A. & Eugene Stanley, H., 1995. "Zipf plots and the size distribution of firms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 453-457, October.
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati, 2005.
"Pareto's Law of Income Distribution: Evidence for Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States,"
physics/0504217, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2006.
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati, 2005. "Pareto's Law of Income Distribution: Evidence for Grermany, the United Kingdom, and the United States," Microeconomics 0505006, EconWPA.
- Clive Bell & Stefan Klonner, 2005. "Output, prices, and the distribution of consumption in rural India," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(1), pages 29-40, July.
- Luís M B Cabral & José Mata, 2003.
"On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1075-1090.
- Cabral, Luís M B & Mata, José, 2001. "On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 3045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eleonora Bartoloni & Maurizio Baussola, 2009. "The Persistence of Profits, Sectoral Heterogeneity and Firms' Characteristics," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 87-111.
- Peter Hart & Nicholas Oulton, 1999. "Gibrat, Galton and Job Generation," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 149-164.
- Peter Hart & Nicholas Oulton, 1997. "Zipf and the size distribution of firms," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 205-206.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cirillo, Pasquale & Hüsler, Jürg, 2009. "On the upper tail of Italian firms’ size distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1546-1554.
- repec:spr:jeicoo:v:12:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11403-015-0152-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Cirillo, Pasquale, 2010. "An analysis of the size distribution of Italian firms by age," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(3), pages 459-466.
- Segarra, Agustí & Teruel, Mercedes, 2012. "An appraisal of firm size distribution: Does sample size matter?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 314-328.
- Dmitry I. Malakhov & Nikolay P. Pilnik & Igor G. Pospelov, 2015. "Stability of Distribution of Relative Sizes of Banks as an Argument for the Use of the Representative Agent Concept," HSE Working papers WP BRP 116/EC/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Gao, Baojun & Chan, Wai Kin (Victor) & Li, Hongyi, 2015. "On the increasing inequality in size distribution of China's listed companies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 25-41.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:485:y:2017:i:c:p:35-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cortés, Lina M. & Mora-Valencia, Andrés & Perote, Javier, 2017.
"Measuring firm size distribution with semi-nonparametric densities,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, pages 35-47.
- Lina Cortés & Andrés Mora-Valencia & Javier Perote, 2017. "Measuring firm size distribution with semi-nonparametric densities," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 015300, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Crosato, Lisa & Destefanis, Sergio & Ganugi, Piero, 2007. "Technology and Firm Size Distribution:Evidence from Italian Manufacturing," CELPE Discussion Papers 102, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Pasquale Cirillo, 2009. "Some evidence about the evolution of the size distribution of Italian firms by age," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 1723-1730.
More about this item
KeywordsFirm size distribution; Pareto distributions; Yule distribution; Gibrat’s Law; L11; L60; C16;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:stmapp:v:16:y:2007:i:1:p:85-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .