Variable selection in discrete survival models including heterogeneity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicoletti, Cheti & Rondinelli, Concetta, 2010.
"The (mis)specification of discrete duration models with unobserved heterogeneity: A Monte Carlo study,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 1-13, November.
- Concetta Rondinelli & Cheti Nicoletti, 2009. "The (mis)specification of discrete duration models with unobserved heterogeneity: a Monte Carlo study," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 705, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Göran Kauermann & Gerhard Tutz & Josef Brüderl, 2005. "The survival of newly founded firms: a case‐study into varying‐coefficient models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 168(1), pages 145-158, January.
- Ham, John C & Rea, Samuel A, Jr, 1987.
"Unemployment Insurance and Male Unemployment Duration in Canada,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(3), pages 325-353, July.
- John C. Ham & Samuel A. Rea, 1986. "Unemployment Insurance and Male Unemployment Duration in Canada," Working Papers 592, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Heckman, James J. & Singer, Burton, 1984. "Econometric duration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 63-132.
- Pötscher, Benedikt M. & Leeb, Hannes, 2009.
"On the distribution of penalized maximum likelihood estimators: The LASSO, SCAD, and thresholding,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(9), pages 2065-2082, October.
- Pötscher, Benedikt M. & Leeb, Hannes, 2007. "On the distribution of penalized maximum likelihood estimators: The LASSO, SCAD, and thresholding," MPRA Paper 5615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Friedman, Jerome H. & Hastie, Trevor & Tibshirani, Rob, 2010. "Regularization Paths for Generalized Linear Models via Coordinate Descent," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 33(i01).
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2001.
"Duration models: specification, identification and multiple durations,"
Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 55, pages 3381-3460,
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2000. "Duration Models: Specification, Identification, and Multiple Durations," MPRA Paper 9446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leeb, Hannes & PÃ¶tscher, Benedikt M., 2005. "Model Selection And Inference: Facts And Fiction," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 21-59, February.
- Simon, Noah & Friedman, Jerome H. & Hastie, Trevor & Tibshirani, Rob, 2011. "Regularization Paths for Cox's Proportional Hazards Model via Coordinate Descent," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 39(i05).
- Rondeau, Virginie & Marzroui, Yassin & Gonzalez, Juan R., 2012. "frailtypack: An R Package for the Analysis of Correlated Survival Data with Frailty Models Using Penalized Likelihood Estimation or Parametrical Estimation," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 47(i04).
- Fahrmeir, Ludwig & Kneib, Thomas, 2011. "Bayesian Smoothing and Regression for Longitudinal, Spatial and Event History Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199533022.
More about this item
KeywordsVariable selection; Discrete survival; Heterogeneity; Lasso;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:lifeda:v:23:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10985-016-9359-y. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.