A formal model of theory choice in science
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Blume Lawrence E., 1993.
"The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 387-424, July.
- L. Blume, 2010. "The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction," Levine's Working Paper Archive 488, David K. Levine.
- Brock, W.A. & Durlauf, S.N., 1995.
"Discrete Choice with Social Interactions I: Theory,"
9521, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 1995. "Discrete Choice with Social Interactions I: Theory," NBER Working Papers 5291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 1995. "Discrete Choice with Social Interactions I: Theory," Working Papers 95-10-084, Santa Fe Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marek Loužek, 2012.
"Ekonomie vědy - naděje, nebo léčka?
[Economics of Science - A Hope or a Pitfall?]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(4), pages 536-550.
- Emilio Barucci & Marco Tolotti, 2012.
"Identity, reputation and social interaction with an application to sequential voting,"
Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination,
Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 7(1), pages 79-98, May.
- Emilio Barucci & Marco Tolotti, 2010. "Identity, reputation and social interaction with an application to sequential voting," Working Papers 204, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Kaizoji, Taisei (email@example.com), 2010. "A Behavioral Model of Bubbles and Crashes," MPRA Paper 20352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 2003. "Multinomial Choice with Social Interactions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bramoullé, Yann & Saint-Paul, Gilles, 2010.
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(5), pages 1890-1920, September.
- Bramoullé, Yann & Saint-Paul, Gilles, 2006. "Research Cycles," IDEI Working Papers 422, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Bramoullé, Yann & Saint-Paul, Gilles, 2007. "Research Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 6075, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yann Bramoullé & Gilles Saint-Paul, 2007. "Research Cycles," Cahiers de recherche 0704, CIRPEE.
- Henry G. Overman, 2004.
"Can we learn anything from economic geography proper?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 4(5), pages 501-516, November.
- Overman, Henry G., 2003. "Can we learn anything from economic geography proper?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20024, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Henry Overman, 2003. "Can We Learn Anything from Economic Geography Proper?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0586, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Overman, Henry G., 2004. "Can we learn anything from economic geography proper?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 599, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Roberta Patalano, 2007. "Mind-dependence. The past in the grip of the present," Discussion Papers 1_2007, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Paul David & Matthijs den Besten & Ralph Schroeder, 2008. "Will e-Science Be Open Science?," Discussion Papers 08-010, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, revised Jan 2009.
- Durlauf, S.N., 1997. "Rational Choice and the Study of Science," Working papers 9709r, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- D. Sornette, 2014. "Physics and Financial Economics (1776-2014): Puzzles, Ising and Agent-Based models," Papers 1404.0243, arXiv.org.
- Levy, Moshe, 2005. "Social phase transitions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 71-87, May.
- Wesley Phoa & Sergio Focardi & Frank Fabozzi, 2007.
"How do conflicting theories about financial markets coexist?,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 363-391.
- Wesley Phoa & Sergio Focardi & Frank Fabozzi, 2006. "How do Conflicting Theories about Financial Markets Coexist?," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2445, Yale School of Management.
- Roberta Patalano, 2007. "Mind-Dependence. The Past in the Grip of the Present," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 85-107, August.
- Damien Besancenot & Radu Vranceanu, 2015.
"Fear Of Novelty: A Model Of Scientific Discovery With Strategic Uncertainty,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(2), pages 1132-1139, April.
- Damien Besancenot & Radu Vranceanu, 2014. "Fear of novelty : a model of scientific discovery with strategic uncertainty," CEPN Working Papers hal-01117929, HAL.
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2015. "Fear of novelty : a model of scientific discovery with strategic uncertainty," ESSEC Working Papers WP1503, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Opolot, Daniel, 2012. "Social interactions and complex networks," MERIT Working Papers 014, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Roger Koppl, 2011. "Against representative agent methodology," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 43-55, March.
- Emilio Barucci & Marco Tolotti, 2009. "The dynamics of social interaction with agents’ heterogeneity," Working Papers 189, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Brock,W.A., 2003. "Tipping points, abrupt opinion changes, and punctuated policy change," Working papers 28, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Pigeard de Almeida Prado, Fernando & Belitsky, Vladimir & Ferreira, Alex Luiz, 2011. "Social interactions, product differentiation and discontinuity of demand," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(4-5), pages 642-653.
- Carayol, Nicolas & Dalle, Jean-Michel, 2007. "Sequential problem choice and the reward system in Open Science," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 167-191, June.
- A. Bassanini, 1997. "Localized Technological Change and Path-Dependent Growth," Working Papers ir97086, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
More about this item
KeywordsInteractive discrimination · Evolution of beliefs · Scientific progress.;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:14:y:1999:i:1:p:113-130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .