Step-by-Step Evolution with State-Dependent Mutations
This paper considers the extension of Ellison's (2000) "Radius-Modified Coradius" Theorem from the uniform-mutations case to a general stochastic setting. A modified theorem is presented, with a crucial role now played by the most probable evolutionary paths between states. The form of such paths is liable to change outside of the uniform mutations case, with concomitant effects on both long-run selection and expected waiting times. An algorithm for finding these paths is offered, and used to demonstrate the continued optimality of "step-by-step" evolution.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glen Ellison, 2010.
"Learning, Local Interaction, and Coordination,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
391, David K. Levine.
- Kandori, Michihiro & Mailath, George J & Rob, Rafael, 1993.
"Learning, Mutation, and Long Run Equilibria in Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 29-56, January.
- M. Kandori & G. Mailath & R. Rob, 1999. "Learning, Mutation and Long Run Equilibria in Games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 500, David K. Levine.
- Kandori, M. & Mailath, G.J., 1991. "Learning, Mutation, And Long Run Equilibria In Games," Papers 71, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - John M. Olin Program.
- Lee, In Ho & Szeidl, Adam & Valentinyi, Akos, 2000.
"Contagion and state dependent mutations,"
Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics
0027, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- J. Bergin & B. Lipman, 2010.
"Evolution with State-Dependent Mutations,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
486, David K. Levine.
- J Bergin & B L Lipman, 1997. "Evolution with state-dependent Mutations," Levine's Working Paper Archive 771, David K. Levine.
- BERGIN, James & LIPMAN, Bart, 1994. "Evolution with State-Dependent Mutations," CORE Discussion Papers 1994055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Blume Lawrence E., 1993.
"The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 387-424, July.
- L. Blume, 2010. "The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction," Levine's Working Paper Archive 488, David K. Levine.
- Weibull, Jörgen W. & van Damme, Eric, 1998.
"Evolution with Mutations Driven by Control Costs,"
Working Paper Series
501, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Eric Van Damme & Jorgen W Weibull, 1999. "Evolution with Mutations Driven by Control Costs," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2113, David K. Levine.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Weibull, J., 1998. "Evolution with Mutations Driven by Control Costs," Discussion Paper 1998-94, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Thomas Norman, 2003.
"The Evolution of Coordination under Inertia,"
2003-W06, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- David P. Myatt & Chris Wallace, 2002.
"Adaptive Play by Idiosyncratic Agents,"
Economics Series Working Papers
89, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- repec:att:wimass:9521 is not listed on IDEAS
- Young, H Peyton, 1993. "The Evolution of Conventions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 57-84, January.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 1995.
"Discrete Choice with Social Interactions I: Theory,"
95-10-084, Santa Fe Institute.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 1995. "Discrete Choice with Social Interactions I: Theory," NBER Working Papers 5291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nuf:econwp:0308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Collett)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.