Riding on the wave of digitization: insights how and under what settings dynamic capabilities facilitate digital-driven business model change
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary Tripsas & Giovanni Gavetti, 2000. "Capabilities, cognition, and inertia: evidence from digital imaging," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(10‐11), pages 1147-1161, October.
- Hess, Thomas & Matt, Christian & Benlian, Alexander & Wiesböck, Florian, 2016. "Options for Formulating a Digital Transformation Strategy," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 81032, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Ron Adner & Constance E. Helfat, 2003. "Corporate effects and dynamic managerial capabilities," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(10), pages 1011-1025, October.
- Mie Augier & David J. Teece, 2009. "Dynamic Capabilities and the Role of Managers in Business Strategy and Economic Performance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(2), pages 410-421, April.
- Margaret Peteraf & Giada Di Stefano & Gianmario Verona, 2013. "The elephant in the room of dynamic capabilities: Bringing two diverging conversations together," Post-Print hal-00982438, HAL.
- Henry Chesbrough & Richard S. Rosenbloom, 2002. "The role of the business model in capturing value from innovation: evidence from Xerox Corporation's technology spin-off companies," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 529-555, June.
- Christiana Müller & Stefan Vorbach, 2015. "Enabling Business Model Change: Evidence from High-Technology Firms," Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation, Fundacja Upowszechniająca Wiedzę i Naukę "Cognitione", vol. 11(1), pages 53-75.
- Kathleen M. Eisenhardt & Jeffrey A. Martin, 2000. "Dynamic capabilities: what are they?," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(10‐11), pages 1105-1121, October.
- Lambert, Susan C. & Davidson, Robyn A., 2013. "Applications of the business model in studies of enterprise success, innovation and classification: An analysis of empirical research from 1996 to 2010," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 668-681.
- David J. Teece, 2012. "Dynamic Capabilities: Routines versus Entrepreneurial Action," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(8), pages 1395-1401, December.
- Christoph Zott & Raphael Amit, 2007. "Business Model Design and the Performance of Entrepreneurial Firms," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(2), pages 181-199, April.
- Hess, Thomas & Matt, Christian & Benlian, Alexander & Wiesböck, Florian, 2016. "Options for Formulating a Digital Transformation Strategy," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 82423, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Bouncken, Ricarda B. & Fredrich, Viktor, 2016. "Business model innovation in alliances: Successful configurations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3584-3590.
- Adam J. Bock & Tore Opsahl & Gerard George & David M. Gann, 2012. "The Effects of Culture and Structure on Strategic Flexibility during Business Model Innovation," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 279-305, March.
- Patrick Spieth & Dirk Schneckenberg & Kurt Matzler, 2016. "Exploring the linkage between business model (&) innovation and the strategy of the firm," Post-Print hal-02007883, HAL.
- Koen H. Heimeriks & Mario Schijven & Stephen Gates, 2012. "Manifestations of Higher-Order Routines: The Underlying Mechanisms of Deliberate Learning in the Context of Postacquisition Integration," Post-Print hal-00859930, HAL.
- Stefan Schaltegger & Florian LÃ¼deke-Freund & Erik G. Hansen, 2012. "Business cases for sustainability: the role of business model innovation for corporate sustainability," International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(2), pages 95-119.
- David J. Teece, 2007. "Explicating dynamic capabilities: the nature and microfoundations of (sustainable) enterprise performance," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(13), pages 1319-1350, December.
- Raphael Amit & Christoph Zott, 2001. "Value creation in E‐business," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(6‐7), pages 493-520, June.
- B. Demil & X. Lecocq, 2010. "Business model evolution : in search of dynamic consistency," Post-Print hal-00572915, HAL.
- Ted London & Stuart L Hart, 2004. "Reinventing strategies for emerging markets: beyond the transnational model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(5), pages 350-370, September.
- Edurne A. Inigo & Laura Albareda & Paavo Ritala, 2017. "Business model innovation for sustainability: exploring evolutionary and radical approaches through dynamic capabilities," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5), pages 515-542, July.
- George P. Huber & Danial J. Power, 1985. "Retrospective reports of strategic‐level managers: Guidelines for increasing their accuracy," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 171-180, April.
- Sabrina Schneider & Patrick Spieth, 2013. "Business Model Innovation: Towards An Integrated Future Research Agenda," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 17(01), pages 1-34.
- Sérgio Cavalcante, 2014. "Preparing for business model change: the “pre-stage” finding," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(2), pages 449-469, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacques Bughin & Nicolas van Zeebroeck, 2021. "The Entrepreneurial Returns to Incumbents’ Digital Transformation," iCite Working Papers 2021-048, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sam Tavassoli & Lars Bengtsson, 2018.
"The Role Of Business Model Innovation For Product Innovation Performance,"
International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(07), pages 1-28, October.
- Bengtsson, Lars & Tavassoli, Sam, 2018. "The Role of Business Model Innovation for Product Innovation Performance," Papers in Innovation Studies 2018/4, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Belussi, Fiorenza & Orsi, Luigi & Savarese, Maria, 2019. "Mapping Business Model Research: A Document Bibliometric Analysis," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(3).
- Maria Rosa De Giacomo & Raimund Bleischwitz, 2020. "Business models for environmental sustainability: Contemporary shortcomings and some perspectives," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 3352-3369, December.
- Randhawa, Krithika & Wilden, Ralf & Gudergan, Siegfried, 2021. "How to innovate toward an ambidextrous business model? The role of dynamic capabilities and market orientation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 618-634.
- Zhang, Hongfang & Xiao, Huilin & Wang, Yanling & Shareef, Mahmud A. & Akram, Muhammad Shakaib & Goraya, M. Awais Shakir, 2021. "An integration of antecedents and outcomes of business model innovation: A meta-analytic review," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 803-814.
- Latifi, Mohammad-Ali & Nikou, Shahrokh & Bouwman, Harry, 2021. "Business model innovation and firm performance: Exploring causal mechanisms in SMEs," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Balboni, Bernardo & Bortoluzzi, Guido & Pugliese, Roberto & Tracogna, Andrea, 2019. "Business model evolution, contextual ambidexterity and the growth performance of high-tech start-ups," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 115-124.
- Arash Rezazadeh & Ana Carvalho, 2018. "A value-based approach to business model innovation: Defining the elements of the concept," NIPE Working Papers 12/2018, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Carlo Salvato & Roberto Vassolo, 2018. "The sources of dynamism in dynamic capabilities," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(6), pages 1728-1752, June.
- Sarel Gronum & John Steen & Martie-Louise Verreynne, 2016. "Business model design and innovation: Unlocking the performance benefits of innovation," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 41(3), pages 585-605, August.
- Wittenstein, Daniel, 2020. "Champions of digital transformation? The dynamic capabilities of hidden champions," ZEW Discussion Papers 20-065, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Marlena Ciechan-Kujawa & Michal Buszko, 2020. "The Susceptibility of the Business Model to Changes - Empirical Analysis of Internal Determinants of Variability," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 739-757.
- Hirokazu Kano, 2021. "The dilemma and its solution of deep uncertainty in the dynamic capabilities framework: Insights from modern Austrian economics," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 42(3), pages 605-611, April.
- Yuan, Chun & Xue, Doudou & He, Xin, 2021. "A balancing strategy for ambidextrous learning, dynamic capabilities, and business model design, the opposite moderating effects of environmental dynamism," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 103(C).
- Weerawardena, Jay & Salunke, Sandeep & Haigh, Nardia & Sullivan Mort, Gillian, 2021. "Business model innovation in social purpose organizations: Conceptualizing dual social-economic value creation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 762-771.
- Burmeister, & Lüttgens, & Piller,, 2016. "Business Model Innovation for Industrie 4.0: Why the "Industrial Internet" Mandates a New Perspective on Innovation," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 70(2), pages 124-152.
- Payam Hanafizadeh & Mohammad Mehrabioun & Kambiz Badie & Jahanyar Bamdad Soofi, 2018. "A Systemic Framework for Business Model Design and Development -Part A: Theorizing Perspective," Systemic Practice and Action Research, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 437-461, August.
- Jahangir Karimi & Zhiping Walter, 2021. "The Role of Entrepreneurial Agility in Digital Entrepreneurship and Creating Value in Response to Digital Disruption in the Newspaper Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(5), pages 1-26, March.
- Brock, Kati & den Ouden, Elke & van der Klauw, Kees & Podoynitsyna, Ksenia & Langerak, Fred, 2019. "Light the way for smart cities: Lessons from Philips Lighting," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 194-209.
- Miroshnychenko, Ivan & Strobl, Andreas & Matzler, Kurt & De Massis, Alfredo, 2021. "Absorptive capacity, strategic flexibility, and business model innovation: Empirical evidence from Italian SMEs," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 670-682.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness model change; Business model innovation; Business model adaptation; Dynamic capabilities; Response to digitization; Environmental turbulence; Organizational design; Strategy;
All these keywords.
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - General
- M19 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jbecon:v:89:y:2019:i:8:d:10.1007_s11573-019-00950-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.