The global governance of water, energy, and food nexus: allocation and access for competing demands
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Clarida & Jeffrey Frankel & Francesco Giavazzi & Hélène Rey, 2015. "NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2014," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number clar14-1.
- Nagayuki Saito, 2015. "Internet Literacy in Japan," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2015/3, OECD Publishing.
- Fernando Miralles-Wilhelm, 2016. "Development and application of integrative modeling tools in support of food-energy-water nexus planning—a research agenda," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 6(1), pages 3-10, March.
- Antoine Bouet & Anne-Gaël Vaubourg, 2015. "Financial Constraints and International Trade," Working Papers hal-02149467, HAL.
- Bazilian, Morgan & Rogner, Holger & Howells, Mark & Hermann, Sebastian & Arent, Douglas & Gielen, Dolf & Steduto, Pasquale & Mueller, Alexander & Komor, Paul & Tol, Richard S.J. & Yumkella, Kandeh K., 2011. "Considering the energy, water and food nexus: Towards an integrated modelling approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7896-7906.
- Peter Egger & Martin Gassebner, 2015.
"International terrorism as a trade impediment?,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(1), pages 42-62.
- Gassebner, Martin & Egger, Peter, 2014. "International terrorism as a trade impediment?," VfS Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100279, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- CAF & Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Sede Ecuador, . "Juegos ecuatorianos e internacionales," Books, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica, number 735, November.
- United Nations UN, 2015. "Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development," Working Papers id:7559, eSocialSciences.
- Mairon G. Bastos Lima & Joyeeta Gupta, 2014. "The extraterritorial dimensions of biofuel policies and the politics of scale: live and let die?," Third World Quarterly, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 392-410, March.
- Heubaum, Harald & Biermann, Frank, 2015. "Integrating global energy and climate governance: The changing role of the International Energy Agency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 229-239.
- Guy Jobbins & Jack Kalpakian & Abdelouahid Chriyaa & Ahmed Legrouri & El Houssine El Mzouri, 2015. "To what end? Drip irrigation and the water-energy-food nexus in Morocco," International Journal of Water Resources Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 393-406, September.
- Jennifer Clapp, 2009. "Food Price Volatility and Vulnerability in the Global South: considering the global economic context," Third World Quarterly, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(6), pages 1183-1196.
- Yuan Chang & Guijun Li & Yuan Yao & Lixiao Zhang & Chang Yu, 2016. "Quantifying the Water-Energy-Food Nexus: Current Status and Trends," Energies, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-17, January.
- Alfonso Expósito & Julio Berbel, 2017. "Sustainability Implications of Deficit Irrigation in a Mature Water Economy: A Case Study in Southern Spain," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(7), pages 1-13, June.
- Dekle, Robert & Hamada, Koichi, 2015. "Japanese monetary policy and international spillovers," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 175-199.
- Animesh K. Gain & Carlo Giupponi & David Benson, 2015. "The water-energy-food (WEF) security nexus: the policy perspective of Bangladesh," Water International, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5-6), pages 895-910, September.
- Sidorova A.D., 2015. "Complex Internet Promotion of Goods and Services," Annals of marketing-mba, Department of Marketing, Marketing MBA (RSconsult), vol. 3, November.
- Jennifer Clapp & Eric Helleiner, 2012. "Troubled futures? The global food crisis and the politics of agricultural derivatives regulation," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 181-207.
- Peter Newell & Jon Phillips & Pallav Purohit, 2011. "The Political Economy of Clean Development in India: CDM and Beyond," IDS Bulletin, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(3), pages 89-96, May.
- Xiaozhi Xiang & Jesper Svensson & Shaofeng Jia, 2017. "Will the energy industry drain the water used for agricultural irrigation in the Yellow River basin?," International Journal of Water Resources Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 69-80, January.
- Thijs Van de Graaf & Dries Lesage, 2009. "The International Energy Agency after 35 years: Reform needs and institutional adaptability," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 293-317, September.
- Golam Rasul & Bikash Sharma, 2016. "The nexus approach to water–energy–food security: an option for adaptation to climate change," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 682-702, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Vaio, Assunta & Trujillo, Lourdes & D'Amore, Gabriella & Palladino, Rosa, 2021. "Water governance models for meeting sustainable development Goals:A structured literature review," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pritee Sharma & Salla Nithyanth Kumar, 0. "The global governance of water, energy, and food nexus: allocation and access for competing demands," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-15.
- Govindan, Rajesh & Al-Ansari, Tareq, 2019. "Computational decision framework for enhancing resilience of the energy, water and food nexus in risky environments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 653-668.
- Radu Petrariu & Marius Constantin & Mihai Dinu & Simona Roxana Pătărlăgeanu & Mădălina Elena Deaconu, 2021. "Water, Energy, Food, Waste Nexus: Between Synergy and Trade-Offs in Romania Based on Entrepreneurship and Economic Performance," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(16), pages 1-23, August.
- Kshetri, Nir, 2017. "The evolution of the internet of things industry and market in China: An interplay of institutions, demands and supply," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 49-67.
- Ingrid Boas & Frank Biermann & Norichika Kanie, 2016. "Cross-sectoral strategies in global sustainability governance: towards a nexus approach," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 449-464, June.
- Nazmul Huq & Antje Bruns & Lars Ribbe & Saleemul Huq, 2017. "Mainstreaming Ecosystem Services Based Climate Change Adaptation (EbA) in Bangladesh: Status, Challenges and Opportunities," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(6), pages 1-20, June.
- White, David J. & Hubacek, Klaus & Feng, Kuishuang & Sun, Laixiang & Meng, Bo, 2018. "The Water-Energy-Food Nexus in East Asia: A tele-connected value chain analysis using inter-regional input-output analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 550-567.
- Joel O. Botai & Christina M. Botai & Katlego P. Ncongwane & Sylvester Mpandeli & Luxon Nhamo & Muthoni Masinde & Abiodun M. Adeola & Michael G. Mengistu & Henerica Tazvinga & Miriam D. Murambadoro & S, 2021. "A Review of the Water–Energy–Food Nexus Research in Africa," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(4), pages 1-26, February.
- Lee, Seung Oh & Jung, Younghun, 2018. "Efficiency of water use and its implications for a water-food nexus in the Aral Sea Basin," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 207(C), pages 80-90.
- Märker, Carolin & Venghaus, Sandra & Hake, Jürgen-Friedrich, 2018. "Integrated governance for the food–energy–water nexus – The scope of action for institutional change," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 290-300.
- Ingrid J Visseren-Hamakers, 2018. "Integrative governance: The relationships between governance instruments taking center stage," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 36(8), pages 1341-1354, December.
- Bieber, Niclas & Ker, Jen Ho & Wang, Xiaonan & Triantafyllidis, Charalampos & van Dam, Koen H. & Koppelaar, Rembrandt H.E.M. & Shah, Nilay, 2018. "Sustainable planning of the energy-water-food nexus using decision making tools," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 584-607.
- Chrysaida-Aliki Papadopoulou & Maria P. Papadopoulou & Chrysi Laspidou & Stefania Munaretto & Floor Brouwer, 2020. "Towards a Low-Carbon Economy: A Nexus-Oriented Policy Coherence Analysis in Greece," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Zhang, Tong & Tan, Qian & Yu, Xiaoning & Zhang, Shan, 2020. "Synergy assessment and optimization for water-energy-food nexus: Modeling and application," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Fan, Xing & Zhang, Wen & Chen, Weiwei & Chen, Bin, 2020. "Land–water–energy nexus in agricultural management for greenhouse gas mitigation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 265(C).
- Hongfang Li & Huixiao Wang & Yaxue Yang & Ruxin Zhao, 2021. "Regional Coordination and Security of Water–Energy–Food Symbiosis in Northeastern China," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(3), pages 1-19, January.
- Belesky, Paul, 2016. "Rice, politics and power: the political economy of food insecurity in East Asia," Thesis Commons hn264, Center for Open Science.
- Bali Swain, Ranjula & Ranganathan, Shyam, 2021. "Modeling interlinkages between sustainable development goals using network analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 138(C).
- Jing-Li Fan & Qian Wang & Xian Zhang, 2021. "A bibliometric analysis of the water-energy-food nexus based on the SCIE and SSCI database of the Web of Science," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 1-26, February.
- Cholho Song & Sea Jin Kim & Jooyeon Moon & Soo Jeong Lee & Wona Lee & Nahui Kim & Sonam Wangyel Wang & Woo-Kyun Lee, 2017. "Classification of Global Land Development Phases by Forest and GDP Changes for Appropriate Land Management in the Mid-Latitude," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(8), pages 1-16, August.
More about this item
KeywordsWEF nexus; Integrated governance; Access and allocation; Policy coherence; Environmental conservation; Resource use efficiency; SDGs;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ieaple:v:20:y:2020:i:2:d:10.1007_s10784-020-09488-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.