Friend or Foe? A Reversal of Ingroup Bias
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Adobor, Henry, 2006. "The role of personal relationships in inter-firm alliances: Benefits, dysfunctions, and some suggestions," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 473-486.
- Harris Sondak & Margaret A. Neale & Robin L. Pinkley, 1999. "Relationship, Contribution, and Resource Constrains: Determinants of Distributive Justice in Individual Preferences and Negotiated Agreements," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 8(6), pages 489-510, November.
- Brent Simpson, 2006. "Social Identity and Cooperation in Social Dilemmas," Rationality and Society, , vol. 18(4), pages 443-470, November.
- Russell Haines & Jill Hough & Lan Cao & Douglas Haines, 2014. "Anonymity in Computer-Mediated Communication: More Contrarian Ideas with Less Influence," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 765-786, July.
- Haider Raza Abid & Amir Gulzar & Waqar Hussain, 2015. "The impact of servant leadership on organizational citizenship behaviors with the mediating role of trust and moderating role of group cohesiveness; A Study of public Sector of Pakistan," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 5(3), pages 234-242, March.
- Xusen Cheng & Linda Macaulay, 2014. "Exploring Individual Trust Factors in Computer Mediated Group Collaboration: A Case Study Approach," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 533-560, May.
- Kurt T. Dirks & Donald L. Ferrin, 2001. "The Role of Trust in Organizational Settings," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(4), pages 450-467, August.
- Sarah M. Staggs & Joseph A. Bonito & Jennifer N. Ervin, 2018. "Measuring and Evaluating Convergence Processes Across a Series of Group Discussions," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 27(5), pages 715-733, October.
- Ginés Navarro-Carrillo & Inmaculada Valor-Segura & Miguel Moya, 2018. "Do you Trust Strangers, Close Acquaintances, and Members of Your Ingroup? Differences in Trust Based on Social Class in Spain," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 135(2), pages 585-597, January.
- Jean M. Bartunek & Alan A. Benton & Christopher B. Keys, 1975. "Third Party Intervention and the Bargaining Behavior of Group Representatives," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 19(3), pages 532-557, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adem Baltacı, 2021. "Helping intention, trust and performance appraisal in the context of culture, power and group: a scenario-based experiment," Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, VsI Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, vol. 8(4), pages 488-507, June.
- Mahto, Raj V. & Vora, Gautam & McDowell, William C. & Khanin, Dmitry, 2020. "Family member commitment, the opportunity costs of staying, and turnover intentions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 9-19.
- Laura Gomez-Ruiz & María J. Sánchez-Expósito, 2020. "The Impact of Team Identity and Gender on Free-Riding Responses to Fear and Cooperation Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(19), pages 1-21, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Judith Kas & David J. Hardisty & Michel J. J. Handgraaf, 2021. "Steady steps versus sudden shifts: Cooperation in (a)symmetric linear and step-level social dilemmas," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 16(1), pages 142-164, January.
- Shalini Srivastava & Poornima Madan, 2016. "Understanding the Roles of Organizational Identification, Trust and Corporate Ethical Values in Employee Engagementâ€“Organizational Citizenship Behaviour Relationship: A Study on Indian Managers," Management and Labour Studies, XLRI Jamshedpur, School of Business Management & Human Resources, vol. 41(4), pages 314-330, November.
- S. Hansen & Bradley Alge & Michael Brown & Christine Jackson & Benjamin Dunford, 2013. "Ethical Leadership: Assessing the Value of a Multifoci Social Exchange Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 115(3), pages 435-449, July.
- Alfred L. Luna & Decima Christine Garcia & Shih Yung Chou & Sara Jackson, 2013. "Can Tight Groups At Work Be Detrimental? A Theoretical View Of Gossip From The Network Tie Strength And Density Perspective," Global Journal of Business Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 7(1), pages 91-100.
- Judit Oláh & Attila Bai & György Karmazin & Péter Balogh & József Popp, 2017. "The Role Played by Trust and Its Effect on the Competiveness of Logistics Service Providers in Hungary," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(12), pages 1-22, December.
- Giles Hirst & Fred Walumbwa & Samuel Aryee & Ivan Butarbutar & Chin Jeffery Hui Chen, 2016. "A Multi-level Investigation of Authentic Leadership as an Antecedent of Helping Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 485-499, December.
- Estefanía Palazuelos & Ángel Herrero Crespo & Javier Montoya Corte, 2018. "Accounting information quality and trust as determinants of credit granting to SMEs: the role of external audit," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 861-877, December.
- Lynch, Patrick & O'Toole, Thomas & Biemans, Wim, 2014. "From conflict to crisis in collaborative NPD," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1145-1153.
- Kennedy, Jessica A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E., 2018. "Building trust by tearing others down: When accusing others of unethical behavior engenders trust," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 111-128.
- Peng, Ann C. & Dunn, Jennifer & Conlon, Donald E., 2015. "When vigilance prevails: The effect of regulatory focus and accountability on integrative negotiation outcomes," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 77-87.
- Lutz Kaufmann & Jens Esslinger & Craig R. Carter, 2018. "Toward Relationship Resilience: Managing Buyer‐Induced Breaches of Psychological Contracts During Joint Buyer–Supplier Projects," Journal of Supply Chain Management, Institute for Supply Management, vol. 54(4), pages 62-85, October.
- F. Ackermann & M. Yearworth & L. White, 2018. "Micro-processes in Group Decision and Negotiation: Practices and Routines for Supporting Decision Making," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 27(5), pages 709-713, October.
- repec:iim:iimawp:13106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ana Teresa Ferreira-Oliveira & José Keating & Isabel Silva, 2020. "Sustainable HRM as a Pathway to Sustainability—HRMS Relevance on Affective Commitment through Organizational Trust," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(22), pages 1-27, November.
- Kopelman, Shirli & Rosette, Ashleigh Shelby & Thompson, Leigh, 2006. "The three faces of Eve: Strategic displays of positive, negative, and neutral emotions in negotiations," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 81-101, January.
- Justyna Łapińska & Iwona Escher & Joanna Górka & Agata Sudolska & Paweł Brzustewicz, 2021. "Employees’ Trust in Artificial Intelligence in Companies: The Case of Energy and Chemical Industries in Poland," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(7), pages 1-20, April.
- Hutzschenreuter, Thomas & Horstkotte, Julian, 2013. "Performance effects of international expansion processes: The moderating role of top management team experiences," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 259-277.
- Renzl, Birgit, 2008. "Trust in management and knowledge sharing: The mediating effects of fear and knowledge documentation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 206-220, April.
- Anja Dettmann & Sidonia Proff & Thomas Brenner, 2015.
"Co-operation over distance? The spatial dimension of inter-organizational innovation collaboration,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 729-753, September.
- Anja Dettmann & Sidonia von Proff & Thomas Brenner, 2012. "Co-operation over Distance? The Spatial Dimension of Inter-organisational Innovation Collaboration," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2012-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Liang Liang & Guyang Tian & Xue Zhang & Yezhuang Tian, 2020. "Help Comes from Understanding: The Positive Effect of Communication Visibility on Employee Helping Behavior," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 17(14), pages 1-13, July.
- Susann Fiedler & Dshamilja Marie Hellmann & Angela Rachael Dorrough & Andreas GlÃ¶ckner, 2018. "Cross-national in-group favoritism in prosocial behavior: Evidence from Latin and North America," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 13(1), pages 42-60, January.
More about this item
KeywordsIntragroup dynamics; Social identity; Ingroup bias; Unmet expectations;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:grdene:v:27:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10726-018-9576-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.