Production technology and technical efficiency: irrigated and rain-fed rice farms in northern Ghana
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Graziella Bonanno, 2016.
"ICT and R&D as inputs or efficiency determinants? Analysing Italian manufacturing firms (2007–2009),"
Eurasian Business Review,
Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(3), pages 383-404, December.
- Graziella Bonanno, 2014. "Ict And R&D As Inputs Or Efficiency Determinants? Analysing Italian Manufacturing Firms 2007-2009," Working Papers 201412, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Doug Dyer & Majdi Quttainah & Pengfei Ye, 2015. "Privatization, intermediation and performance: global evidence," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 5(2), pages 207-229, December.
- Marc Jim Mariano & Renato Villano & Euan Fleming, 2011. "Technical Efficiency of Rice Farms in Different Agroclimatic Zones in the Philippines: An Application of a Stochastic Metafrontier Model," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 25(3), pages 245-269, September.
- Kularatne Mohottala Gedara & Clevo Wilson & Sean Pascoe & Tim Robinson, 2012. "Factors Affecting Technical Efficiency of Rice Farmers in Village Reservoir Irrigation Systems of Sri Lanka," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 627-638, September.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2010.
"Agricultural Contracts and Alternative Marketing Options: A Matching Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-16, May.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2010. "Agricultural Contracts and Alternative Marketing Options: A Matching Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(02), pages 261-276, May.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2008. "Agricultural Contracts and Alternative Marketing Options: A Matching Analysis," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6336, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- David Hadley, 2006. "Patterns in Technical Efficiency and Technical Change at the Farm-level in England and Wales, 1982-2002," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 81-100, March.
- James Heckman & Salvador Navarro-Lozano, 2004.
"Using Matching, Instrumental Variables, and Control Functions to Estimate Economic Choice Models,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 30-57, February.
- Heckman, James & Navarro-Lozano, Salvador, 2003. "Using matching, instrumental variables and control functions to estimate economic choice models," Working Paper Series 2003:4, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- James J. Heckman & Salvador Navarro-Lozano, 2003. "Using Matching, Instrumental Variables and Control Functions to Estimate Economic Choice Models," NBER Working Papers 9497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J. & Navarro, Salvador, 2003. "Using Matching, Instrumental Variables and Control Functions to Estimate Economic Choice Models," IZA Discussion Papers 768, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Asante, Bright Owusu & Villano, Renato A. & Battese, George E., 2014. "The effect of the adoption of yam minisett technology on the technical efficiency of yam farmers in the forest-savanna transition zone of Ghana," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-16, April.
- Seidu Al-hassan, 2008. "Technical Efficiency of Rice Farmers in Northern Ghana," Research Papers RP_178, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Xie, Hua & You, Liangzhi & Wielgosz, Benjamin & Ringler, Claudia, 2014. "Estimating the potential for expanding smallholder irrigation in Sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 183-193.
- You, Liangzhi & Ringler, Claudia & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Robertson, Richard & Wood, Stanley & Zhu, Tingju & Nelson, Gerald & Guo, Zhe & Sun, Yan, 2011. "What is the irrigation potential for Africa? A combined biophysical and socioeconomic approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 770-782.
- Gashaw Tadesse ABATE & Gian Nicola FRANCESCONI & Kindie GETNET, 2014. "Impact Of Agricultural Cooperatives On Smallholders’ Technical Efficiency: Empirical Evidence From Ethiopia," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 257-286, June.
- Carlos D. Mayen & Joseph V. Balagtas & Corinne E. Alexander, 2010. "Technology Adoption and Technical Efficiency: Organic and Conventional Dairy Farms in the United States," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(1), pages 181-195.
- Stigler, George J, 1976. "The Xistence of X-Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 213-216, March.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Adekalu, K.O. & Balogun, J.A. & Aluko, O.B. & Okunade, D.A. & J.W.Gowing & Faborode, M.O., 2009. "Runoff water harvesting for dry spell mitigation for cowpea in the savannah belt of Nigeria," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(11), pages 1502-1508, November.
More about this item
KeywordsIrrigation technology; Northern Ghana; Propensity score matching; Smallholder farmers; Technical efficiency;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eurase:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s40822-016-0060-y. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.