Climate change and potential impacts on tourism: evidence from the Zimbabwean side of the Victoria Falls
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghislain Dubois & Jean-Paul Ceron & Stefan Gössling & C. Michael Hall, 2016. "Weather preferences of French tourists: lessons for climate change impact assessment," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 136(2), pages 339-351, May.
- Zibanai ZHOU, 2013. "A Peep into Tourism Development in Zimbabwe: 1980-2010," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(7), pages 884-894, July.
- Ana Beatriz Hernandez & Gerard Ryan, 2011. "Coping with climate change in the tourism industry: a review and agenda for future research," Tourism and Hospitality Management, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management, vol. 17(1), pages 79-90, May.
- Ethan D. Coffel & Terence R. Thompson & Radley M. Horton, 2017. "The impacts of rising temperatures on aircraft takeoff performance," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 144(2), pages 381-388, September.
- Conway, Declan & Archer van Garderen, Emma & Deryng, Delphine & Dorling, Steve & Krueger, Tobias & Landman, Willem & Lankford, Bruce & Lebek, Karen & Osborn, Tim & Ringler, Claudia & Thurlow, James & , 2015. "Climate and southern Africa's water–energy–food nexus," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63308, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Edwin Muchapondwa & Obert Pimhidzai, 2008. "Modelling International Tourism Demand for Zimbabwe," Working Papers 107, Economic Research Southern Africa.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dube Kaitano & Nhamo Godwell, 2020. "Tourist perceptions and attitudes regarding the impacts of climate change on Victoria Falls," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, Sciendo, vol. 47(47), pages 27-44, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lucia de Strasser, 2017. "Calling for Nexus Thinking in Africa’s Energy Planning," ESP: Energy Scenarios and Policy 263161, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Saayman, Andrea & Viljoen, Armand & Saayman, Melville, 2018. "Africa’s outbound tourism: An Almost Ideal Demand System perspective," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 141-158.
- Natalia Porto & MatÃas Ciaschi, 2021. "Reformulating the tourism-extended environmental Kuznets curve: A quantile regression analysis under environmental legal conditions," Tourism Economics, , vol. 27(5), pages 991-1014, August.
- Naidoo, Dhesigen & Nhamo, Luxon & Mpandeli, Sylvester & Sobratee, Nafisa & Senzanje, Aidan & Liphadzi, Stanley & Slotow, Rob & Jacobson, Michael & Modi, Albert T. & Mabhaudhi, Tafadzwanashe, 2021. "Operationalising the water-energy-food nexus through the theory of change," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 149(C).
- Borsky, Stefan & Unterberger, Christian, 2019.
"Bad weather and flight delays: The impact of sudden and slow onset weather events,"
Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 10-26.
- Stefan Borsky & Christian Unterberger, 2018. "Bad Weather and Flight Delays: The Impact of Sudden and Slow Onset Weather Events," Graz Economics Papers 2018-13, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Bieber, Niclas & Ker, Jen Ho & Wang, Xiaonan & Triantafyllidis, Charalampos & van Dam, Koen H. & Koppelaar, Rembrandt H.E.M. & Shah, Nilay, 2018. "Sustainable planning of the energy-water-food nexus using decision making tools," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 584-607.
- Salama, El-Sayed & Kurade, Mayur B. & Abou-Shanab, Reda A.I. & El-Dalatony, Marwa M. & Yang, Il-Seung & Min, Booki & Jeon, Byong-Hun, 2017. "Recent progress in microalgal biomass production coupled with wastewater treatment for biofuel generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1189-1211.
- Gjorgiev, Blaže & Sansavini, Giovanni, 2018. "Electrical power generation under policy constrained water-energy nexus," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 568-579.
- Busani Moyo, 2013. "Crime and the Regional Disparities in Tourist Inflows: A Case Study of South Africa," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 5(6), pages 356-375.
- Francesco Fuso Nerini & Julia Tomei & Long Seng To & Iwona Bisaga & Priti Parikh & Mairi Black & Aiduan Borrion & Catalina Spataru & Vanesa Castán Broto & Gabrial Anandarajah & Ben Milligan & Yacob Mu, 2018. "Mapping synergies and trade-offs between energy and the Sustainable Development Goals," Nature Energy, Nature, vol. 3(1), pages 10-15, January.
- Armand Viljoen & Andrea Saayman & Melville Saayman, 2019. "Determinants influencing inbound arrivals to Africa," Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(6), pages 856-883, September.
- Obringer, R. & Kumar, R. & Nateghi, R., 2019. "Analyzing the climate sensitivity of the coupled water-electricity demand nexus in the Midwestern United States," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 252(C), pages 1-1.
- Guy Gratton & Anil Padhra & Spyridon Rapsomanikis & Paul D. Williams, 2020. "The impacts of climate change on Greek airports," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 160(2), pages 219-231, May.
- Roberto Cellini & Tiziana Cuccia, 2019. "Weather conditions and museum attendance: a case-study from Sicily," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 154(3), pages 511-527, June.
- Ward, Frank A. & Hurd, Brian H. & Sayles, Sarah, 2018. "Water currents in New Mexico: A global reach," Western Economics Forum, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(1).
- Alinsato, Alastaire Sèna, 2009. "Electricity consumption and GDP in an electricity community: Evidence from bound testing cointegration and Granger-causality tests," MPRA Paper 20816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gu, Yifan & Wang, Hongtao & Xu, Jin & Wang, Ying & Wang, Xin & Robinson, Zoe P. & Li, Fengting & Wu, Jiang & Tan, Jianguo & Zhi, Xing, 2019. "Quantification of interlinked environmental footprints on a sustainable university campus: A nexus analysis perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 246(C), pages 65-76.
- Ogechi Adeola & Nathaniel Boso & Olaniyi Evans, 2018. "Drivers of international tourism demand in Africa," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 53(1), pages 25-36, January.
- Garidzirai Rufaro & Muzindutsi Paul-Francois, 2020. "A Panel ARDL Analsis of the Productivity of Key Economic Sectors Contributing to Local Economic Growth in an Emerging Country," Studia Universitatis Babeș-Bolyai Oeconomica, Sciendo, vol. 65(1), pages 39-53, April.
- Caleb Wright & Roger Sathre & Shashi Buluswar, 2020. "The global challenge of clean cooking systems," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 12(6), pages 1219-1240, December.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Extreme weather; Tourists; Stakeholders; Victoria Falls; Zimbabwe;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:21:y:2019:i:4:d:10.1007_s10668-018-0118-y. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.