Distortionary company car taxation: deadweight losses through increased car ownership
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jos N. van Ommeren & Eva Gutierrez-i-Puigarnau, 2011. "Distortionary Company Car Taxation: Deadweight Losses through Increased Car Ownership," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-100/3, Tinbergen Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Taede Tillema & Bert van Wee & Jan Rouwendal & Jos van Ommeren, 2008. "Firms: Changes in Trip Patterns, Production Prices, Locations and in the Human Resource Policy due to Road Pricing," Chapters,in: Pricing in Road Transport, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20070060 is not listed on IDEAS
- Small, Kenneth A & Rosen, Harvey S, 1981.
"Applied Welfare Economics with Discrete Choice Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 105-130, January.
- Harvey S. Rosen & Kenneth A. Small, 1979. "Applied Welfare Economics with Discrete Choice Models," NBER Working Papers 0319, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zax, Jeffrey S., 1988. "Fringe benefits, income tax exemptions, and implicit subsides," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 171-183, November.
- Antonio M. Bento & Lawrence H. Goulder & Mark R. Jacobsen & Roger H. von Haefen, 2009.
"Distributional and Efficiency Impacts of Increased US Gasoline Taxes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 667-699, June.
- Bento, Antonio M. & Goulder, Lawrence H. & Jacobsen, Mark R. & von Haefen, Roger H., 2007. "Distributional and Efficiency Impacts of Increased U.S. Gasoline Taxes," Working Papers 127021, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Brons, Martijn & Nijkamp, Peter & Pels, Eric & Rietveld, Piet, 2008. "A meta-analysis of the price elasticity of gasoline demand. A SUR approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2105-2122, September.
- Mohammad Arzaghi & J. Vernon Henderson, 2008. "Networking off Madison Avenue," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(4), pages 1011-1038.
- Craft, Erik D. & Schmidt, Robert M., 2005. "An Analysis of the Effects of Vehicle Property Taxes on Vehicle Demand," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 58(4), pages 697-720, December.
- Ian W. H. Parry & Kenneth A. Small, 2005.
"Does Britain or the United States Have the Right Gasoline Tax?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1276-1289, September.
- Parry, Ian & Small, Kenneth, 2002. "Does Britain or the United States Have the Right Gasoline Tax?," Discussion Papers dp-02-12-, Resources For the Future.
- Eva Gutiérrez‐i‐Puigarnau & Jos N. Van Ommeren, 2011. "Welfare Effects Of Distortionary Fringe Benefits Taxation: The Case Of Employer‐Provided Cars," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1105-1122, November.
- M. Kumar & K. V. Krishna Rao, 2006. "A Stated Preference Study for a Car Ownership Model in the Context of Developing Countries," Transportation Planning and Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(5), pages 409-425, July.
- Palma, André de & Lindsey, Robin & Proost, Stef, 2006.
"Research challenges in modelling urban road pricing: An overview,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 97-105, March.
- Andre de Palma & Lindsey Robin & Proost Stef, 2005. "Research challenges in modelling urban road pricing: an overview," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0506, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- DE PALMA, André & LINDSEY, Robin & PROOST, Stef, 2006. "Research challenges in modelling urban road pricing: An overview," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1880, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- De Borger, Bruno & Wuyts, Bart, 2011.
"The tax treatment of company cars, commuting and optimal congestion taxes,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1527-1544.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & WUYTS, Bart, 2010. "The tax treatment of company cars, commuting and optimal congestion taxes," Working Papers 2010017, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
- Frank Verboven, 1996. "International Price Discrimination in the European Car Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 240-268, Summer.
- Dargay, Joyce & Gately, Dermot, 1999. "Income's effect on car and vehicle ownership, worldwide: 1960-2015," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 101-138, February.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9781884829987 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dimitropoulos, Alexandros & van Ommeren, Jos N. & Koster, Paul & Rietveld, Piet, 2016. "Not fully charged: Welfare effects of tax incentives for employer-provided electric cars," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 1-19.
- Voßmerbäumer, Jan & Wagner, Franz W., 2013. "Steuerwirkungen betrieblicher Entgeltpolitik," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 144, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Chaloupka, Christine & KÃ¶lbl, Robert & Loibl, Wolfgang & Molitor, Romain & Nentwich, Michael & Peer, Stefanie & Risser, Ralf & Sammer, Gerd & SchÃ¼tzhofer, Bettina & Seibt, Claus, 2015. "Nachhaltige MobilitÃ¤t aus sozioÃ¶konomischer Perspektive â€“ Diskussionspapier der Arbeitsgruppe "SozioÃ¶konomische Aspekte" der Ã–AW-Kommission "Nachhaltige MobilitÃ¤t" (ITA-manu," ITA manu:scripts 15_02, Institute of Technology Assessment (ITA).
- Alexandros Dimitropoulos & Jos N. van Ommeren & Paul Koster & Piet Rietveld†, 2014. "Welfare Effects of Distortionary Tax Incentives under Preference Heterogeneity: An Application to Employer-provided Electric Cars," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-064/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Nijland, Linda & Dijst, Martin, 2015. "Commuting-related fringe benefits in the Netherlands: Interrelationships and company, employee and location characteristics," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 358-371.
More about this item
KeywordsFringe benefits; Taxation; Company car; Car ownership; Deadweight loss; D12; D61; J33; R41; R48;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:45:y:2013:i:3:p:1189-1204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .