The world elasticity of labor substitution across education levels
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 41 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Kohn, Karsten, 2006.
"Skill Wage Premia, Employment, and Cohort Effects: Are Workers in Germany All of the Same Type?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2185, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Kohn, Karsten, 2006. "Skill wage premia, employment, and cohort effects: are workers in Germany all of the same type?," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-44, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong & Oliver Paddison & Workie Mitiku, 2006. "Higher education and economic growth in Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 509-529.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2002.
"Technical Change, Inequality, and the Labor Market,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 7-72, March.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2000. "Technical Change, Inequality, and the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 7800, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Caselli & Wilbur John Coleman II, 2000.
"The World Technology Frontier,"
NBER Working Papers
7904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2003.
"Patterns of Skill Premia,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 199-230.
- Berman, Eli & Bound, John & Griliches, Zvi, 1994. "Changes in the Demand for Skilled Labor within U.S. Manufacturing: Evidence from the Annual Survey of Manufactures," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(2), pages 367-97, May.
- Per Krusell & Lee E. Ohanian & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull & Giovanni L. Violante, 1997.
"Capital-skill complementarity and inequality: a macroeconomic analysis,"
239, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Per Krusell & Lee E. Ohanian & JosÈ-Victor RÌos-Rull & Giovanni L. Violante, 2000. "Capital-Skill Complementarity and Inequality: A Macroeconomic Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1029-1054, September.
- Joan Muysken & Samia Nour, 2006. "Deficiencies in education and poor prospects for economic growth in the Gulf countries: The case of the UAE," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 957-980.
- Antràs Pol, 2004.
"Is the U.S. Aggregate Production Function Cobb-Douglas? New Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-36, April.
- Antras, Pol, 2004. "Is the U.S. Aggregate Production Function Cobb-Douglas? New Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution," Scholarly Articles 3196325, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bowles, Samuel, 1970. "Aggregation of Labor Inputs in the Economics of Growth and Planning: Experiments with a Two-Level CES Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 68-81, Jan.-Feb..
- Chris Papageorgiou & Fidel Pérez Sebastián & John Duffy, 2002.
"Capital-Skill Complementarity? Evidence From A Panel Of Countries,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2002-09, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- John Duffy & Chris Papageorgiou & Fidel Perez-Sebastian, 2004. "Capital-Skill Complementarity? Evidence from a Panel of Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 327-344, February.
- Chris Papageorgiou & John Duffy & Fidel Perez-Sebastian, . "Capital-Skill complementarity? Evidence from a Panel of Countries," Departmental Working Papers 2003-12, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Olivier de La Grandville & Rainer Klump, 2000. "Economic Growth and the Elasticity of Substitution: Two Theorems and Some Suggestions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 282-291, March.
- Yuhn, Ky-hyang, 1991. "Economic Growth, Technical Change Biases, and the Elasticity of Substitution: A Test of the De La Grandville Hypothesis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 340-46, May.
- Francis J. Cronin & Elisabeth Colleran & Mark Gold, 1997. "Telecommunications, Factor Substitution And Economic Growth," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(3), pages 21-31, 07.
- George E. Johnson, 1997. "Changes in Earnings Inequality: The Role of Demand Shifts," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 41-54, Spring.
- Andre Varella Mollick, 2008. "The Rise of the Skill Premium in Mexican Maquiladoras," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(9), pages 1382-1404.
- Samer Al-Samarrai & Paul Bennell, 2007.
"Where has all the education gone in sub-Saharan Africa? employment and other outcomes among secondary school and university leavers,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(7), pages 1270-1300.
- Al-Samarrai, Samer & Bennell, Paul, 2006. "Where has all the education gone in Sub-Saharan Africa? Employment and other outcomes among secondary school and university leavers," MPRA Paper 128, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de La Grandville, Olivier, 1989. "In Quest of the Slutsky Diamond," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 468-81, June.
- Fallon, P R & Layard, P R G, 1975. "Capital-Skill Complementarity, Income Distribution, and Output Accounting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 279-301, April.
- Rigolini, Jamele, 2004. "Education technologies, wages and technological progress," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 55-77, October.
- Pandey, Manish, 2008. "Human capital aggregation and relative wages across countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1587-1601, December.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-29, October.
- Juselius, Mikael, 2008. "Long-run relationships between labor and capital: Indirect evidence on the elasticity of substitution," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 739-756, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:41:y:2011:i:3:p:769-785. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.