Economic Growth and the Elasticity of Substitution: Two Theorems and Some Suggestions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gene M. Grossman (ed.), 1996. "Economic Growth," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 553.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Francis J. Cronin & Elisabeth Colleran & Mark Gold, 1997. "Telecommunications, Factor Substitution And Economic Growth," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(3), pages 21-31, July.
- Rainer Klump & Harald Preissler, 2000. "CES Production Functions and Economic Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(1), pages 41-56, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cantore, Cristiano & Levine, Paul & Pearlman, Joseph & Yang, Bo, 2015. "CES technology and business cycle fluctuations," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 133-151.
- Klump, Rainer & McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2004.
"Factor substitution and factor augmenting technical progress in the US: a normalized supply-side system approach,"
Working Paper Series
367, European Central Bank.
- Rainer Klump & Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2004. "Factor Substitution and Factor Augmenting Technical Progress in the US: A Normalized Supply-Side System Approach," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_030, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Dupuy, Arnaud & Marey, Philip S., 2008.
"Shifts and twists in the relative productivity of skilled labor,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 718-735, June.
- Dupuy, A. & Marey, P.S., 2005. "Shifts and twists in the relative productivity of skilled labor," ROA Research Memorandum 9E, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Dupuy, Arnaud & Marey, Philip S., 2007. "Shifts and Twists in the Relative Productivity of Skilled Labor," IZA Discussion Papers 2694, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lumengo Bonga‐bonga, 2009. "The South African Aggregate Production Function: Estimation Of The Constant Elasticity Of Substitution Function," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(2), pages 332-349, June.
- Tewodros G. Gebreselasie, 2008. "Sectoral Elasticity Of Substitution And Returns To Scale In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(s2), pages 110-125, August.
- Rainer Klump & Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2012.
"The Normalized Ces Production Function: Theory And Empirics,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 769-799, December.
- Klump, Rainer & McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2011. "The normalized CES production function: theory and empirics," Working Paper Series 1294, European Central Bank.
- Palivos, Theodore & Karagiannis, Giannis, 2010.
"The Elasticity Of Substitution As An Engine Of Growth,"
Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(5), pages 617-628, November.
- Theodore Palivos & Giannis Karagiannis, 2007. "The elasticity of substitution as an engine of growth," Discussion Paper Series 2007_03, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Dec 2007.
- Richard Green and Nicholas Vasilakos, 2012.
"Storing Wind for a Rainy Day: What Kind of Electricity Does Denmark Export?,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Richard Green & Nicholas Vasilakos, 2010. "Storing Wind for a Rainy Day: What Kind of Electricity Does Denmark Export?," Discussion Papers 10-19, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Theodore Palivos & Jianpo Xue & Chong K. Yip, 2011. "Illegal Immigration, Factor Substitution and Economic Growth," Discussion Paper Series 2011_10, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jun 2011.
- Suri, Tavneet & Boozer, Michael A. & Ranis, Gustav & Stewart, Frances, 2011.
"Paths to Success: The Relationship Between Human Development and Economic Growth,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 506-522, April.
- Michael Boozer & Gustav Ranis & Frances Stewart & Tavneet Suri, 2003. "Paths to Success: The Relationship Between Human Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers 874, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Boozer, Michael A. & Ranis, Gustav & Stewart, Frances & Suri, Tavneet, 2003. "Paths to Success: The Relationship Between Human Development and Economic Growth," Center Discussion Papers 28379, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Michael Knoblach & Fabian Stöckl, 2020.
"What Determines The Elasticity Of Substitution Between Capital And Labor? A Literature Review,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 847-875, September.
- Knoblach, Michael & Stöckl, Fabian, 2019. "What determines the elasticity of substitution between capital and labor? A literature review," CEPIE Working Papers 01/19, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Michael Knoblach & Fabian Stöckl, 2019. "What Determines the Elasticity of Substitution between Capital and Labor? A Literature Review," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1784, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gerald Daniels & Venoo Kakar, 2017. "Economic Growth and the CES Production Function with Human Capital," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 37(2), pages 930-951.
- Brianzoni, Serena & Mammana, Cristiana & Michetti, Elisabetta, 2012. "Variable elasticity of substituition in a discrete time Solow–Swan growth model with differential saving," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 98-108.
- Manuel A. Gómez, 2020. "Factor substitution, long‐run growth, and speed of convergence in the one‐sector convex endogenous‐growth model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(1), pages 2-21, February.
- Nguyen Ngoc Thach, 2020. "The Variable Elasticity of Substitution Function and Endogenous Growth: An Empirical Evidence from Vietnam," International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), vol. 0(1), pages 263-277.
- Chirinko, Robert S., 2008. "[sigma]: The long and short of it," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 671-686, June.
- Grassetti, Francesca & Mammana, Cristiana & Michetti, Elisabetta, 2018. "Substitutability between production factors and growth. An analysis using VES production functions," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 53-62.
- Roger E. A. Farmer & Amartya Lahiri, 2005. "A Two-Country Model of Endogenous Growth," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 8(1), pages 68-88, January.
- Klump, Rainer, 2003. "Inflation, factor substitution and growth," Working Paper Series 280, European Central Bank.
- Klump, Rainer & McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2008. "Unwrapping some euro area growth puzzles: Factor substitution, productivity and unemployment," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 645-666, June.
More about this item
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- E25 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Aggregate Factor Income Distribution
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:90:y:2000:i:1:p:282-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.