Volatility transmission between Japan, UK and USA in daily stock returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1996.
"Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 409-431, August.
- Siddhartha Chib & Edward Greenberg, 1994. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics," Econometrics 9408001, EconWPA, revised 23 Feb 1995.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 2002. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Carter, C.K. & Kohn, R., "undated". "Markov Chain Monte Carlo in Conditionally Gaussian State Space Models," Statistics Working Paper _003, Australian Graduate School of Management.
- Carmen Broto & Esther Ruiz, 2004.
"Estimation methods for stochastic volatility models: a survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 613-649, December.
- Broto, Carmen & Ruiz, Esther, 2002. "Estimation methods for stochastic volatility models: a survey," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws025414, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Baele, Lieven, 2005.
"Volatility Spillover Effects in European Equity Markets,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(02), pages 373-401, June.
- L. Baele, 2003. "Volatility Spillover Effects in European Equity Markets," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/189, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Baele, L., 2003. "Volatility Spillover Effects in European Equity Markets," Discussion Paper 2003-114, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- repec:bla:restud:v:65:y:1998:i:3:p:361-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- So, Mike K P & Li, W K & Lam, K, 2002. "A Threshold Stochastic Volatility Model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(7), pages 473-500, November.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G. & Rossi, P.E.Peter E., 2004. "Bayesian analysis of stochastic volatility models with fat-tails and correlated errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 185-212, September.
- Ramchand, Latha & Susmel, Raul, 1998. "Volatility and cross correlation across major stock markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 397-416, October.
- Fatemi, Ali M. & Park, Jinwoo, 1996. "Seasonal patterns in Japanese ADR returns and the US stock market influence," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 65-79, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ekin Tokat & HakkÃ„Â± Arda Tokat, 2010. "Shock and Volatility Transmission in the Futures and Spot Markets: Evidence from Turkish Markets," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(4), pages 92-104, January.
- Kunlin Hsieh & Yuching Hsieh & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2010.
"The Interdependence of Taiwanese and Japanese Stock Prices,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 879-892.
- Hsieh, Kunlin & Hsieh, Yuching & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2010. "The interdependence of Taiwanese and Japanese stock prices," MPRA Paper 21475, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Athanasios Koulakiotis & Katerina Lyroudi & Nikos Thomaidis & Nicholas Papasyriopoulos, 2010. "The impact of cross-listings on the UK and the German stock markets," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 4-18, March.
- Ekin Tokat & HakkÃƒâ€žÃ‚Â± Arda Tokat, 2010. "Shock and Volatility Transmission in the Futures and Spot Markets: Evidence from Turkish Markets," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(4), pages 92-104, January.
- Koulakiotis, Athanasios & Kartalis, Nikos & Lyroudi, Katerina & Papasyriopoulos, Nicholas, 2012. "Asymmetric and threshold effects on comovements among Germanic cross-listed equities," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 327-342.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Sinha, Gyanesh, 2010.
"Volatility Spillover in India, USA and Japan Investigation of Recession Effects,"
21873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Sinha, Gyanesh, 2010. "Volatility Spillover in India, USA and Japan Investigation of Recession Effects," MPRA Paper 47190, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 May 2013.
- Galin Todorov & Prasad Bidarkota, 2013. "On international financial spillovers to frontier markets," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(4), pages 433-452.
- Liu, Xueyong & An, Haizhong & Li, Huajiao & Chen, Zhihua & Feng, Sida & Wen, Shaobo, 2017. "Features of spillover networks in international financial markets: Evidence from the G20 countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 479(C), pages 265-278.
- Zhu, Hui-Ming & Li, ZhaoLai & You, WanHai & Zeng, Zhaofa, 2015. "Revisiting the asymmetric dynamic dependence of stock returns: Evidence from a quantile autoregression model," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 142-153.
- A. Khalifa & S. Hammoudeh & E. Otranto & S. Ramchander, 2012. "Volatility Transmission across Currency, Commodity and Equity Markets under Multi-Chain Regime Switching: Implications for Hedging and Portfolio Allocation," Working Paper CRENoS 201214, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
More about this item
KeywordsDaily stock returns; Holiday effect; Asymmetry effect; Day-of-the-week effect; Asymmetric volatility transmission;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:36:y:2009:i:1:p:27-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .