The role of risk in e-retailers’ adoption of payment methods: evidence for transition economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Loke Yiing Jia, 2007. "Determinants of Merchant Participation in Credit Card Payment Schemes," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(4), pages 1-21, December.
- Jonker Nicole, 2011.
"Card Acceptance and Surcharging: the Role of Costs and Competition,"
Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-35, June.
- Nicole Jonker, 2011. "Card acceptance and surcharging: the role of costs and competition," DNB Working Papers 300, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Ardizzi, Guerino, 2012. "The Impact of the Microchip on the Card Frauds," MPRA Paper 41435, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kosse, Anneke, 2013.
"Do newspaper articles on card fraud affect debit card usage?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5382-5391.
- Kosse, Anneke, 2011. "Do newspaper articles on card fraud affect debit card usage?," Working Paper Series 1389, European Central Bank.
- Anneke Kosse, 2012. "Do newspaper articles on card fraud affect debit card usage?," DNB Working Papers 339, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Leo Van Hove, 1999. "Electronic money and the network externalities theory: lessons for real life," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 137-171, October.
- Koyuncu, Cuneyt & Bhattacharya, Gautam, 2004. "The impacts of quickness, price, payment risk, and delivery issues on on-line shopping," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 241-251, April.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Narcyz Roztocki & Heinz Roland Weistroffer, 2009. "Research Trends in Information and Communications Technology in Developing, Emerging and Transition Economies," Collegium of Economic Analysis Annals, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis, issue 20, pages 113-127.
- Fries, Steven & Taci, Anita, 2005. "Cost efficiency of banks in transition: Evidence from 289 banks in 15 post-communist countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 55-81, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicole Jonker, 2018. "What drives bitcoin adoption by retailers," DNB Working Papers 585, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Anirban Adhikary & Krishna Sundar Diatha & Sourav Bikash Borah & Amalesh Sharma, 2021. "How does the adoption of digital payment technologies influence unorganized retailers’ performance? An investigation in an emerging market," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 49(5), pages 882-902, September.
- Xuechao Sui & Xianhui Geng, 2021. "Continuous usage intention to e-transaction cards in wholesale markets of agriproducts: empirical evidence from China," Future Business Journal, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Xuyang Li & Tongping Li & Hui Li & Junmei Qi & Linjie Hu, 2019. "Research on the Online Consumption Effect of China’s Urbanization under Population Aging Background," Post-Print hal-03007148, HAL.
- Xuyang Li & Tongping Li & Hui Li & Junmei Qi & Linjie Hu, 2019. "Research on the Online Consumption Effect of China’s Urbanization under Population Aging Background," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(16), pages 1-14, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nicole Jonker & Mirjam Plooij & Johan Verburg, 2017. "Did a Public Campaign Influence Debit Card Usage? Evidence from the Netherlands," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 89-121, October.
- Kim Huynh & Jozsef Molnar & Oleksandr Shcherbakov & Qinghui Yu, 2020. "Demand for Payment Services and Consumer Welfare: The Introduction of a Central Bank Digital Currency," Staff Working Papers 20-7, Bank of Canada.
- Sheng-Wuu Joe & Shin-Yi Lin & Chou-Kang Chiu, 2010. "Modeling the unethical intention of software piracy: a qualitative integration of network externalities and information cascades," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 191-198, January.
- Egor A. Krivosheya, 2018. "Evaluating Efficient Multilateral Interchange Fees: Evidence from End-User Benefits," HSE Working papers WP BRP 66/FE/2018, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Vania Silva & Esmeralda Ramalho & Carlos Vieira, 2016. "Is EMV adoption changing card payments? Evidence from the European Union," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2016_05, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Krivosheya, Egor & Korolev, Andrew, 2018. "Benefits of the retail payments card market: Evidence from Russian merchants," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 466-473.
- Dongyan Nan & Yerin Kim & Min Hyung Park & Jang Hyun Kim, 2020. "What Motivates Users to Keep Using Social Mobile Payments?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(17), pages 1-13, August.
- David Bounie & Abel François & Leo Van Hove, 2017.
"Consumer Payment Preferences, Network Externalities, and Merchant Card Acceptance: An Empirical Investigation,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 51(3), pages 257-290, November.
- David Bounie & Abel François & Leo Van Hove, 2016. "Consumer Payment Preferences, Network Externalities, and Merchant Card Acceptance: An Empirical Investigation," Post-Print hal-01533532, HAL.
- Wiebke Roß & Jens Weghake, 2018. "Wa(h)re Liebe: Was Online-Dating-Plattformen über zweiseitige Märkte lehren," TUC Working Papers in Economics 0017, Abteilung für Volkswirtschaftslehre, Technische Universität Clausthal (Department of Economics, Technical University Clausthal).
- Shaheer, Noman Ahmed & Li, Sali, 2020. "The CAGE around cyberspace? How digital innovations internationalize in a virtual world," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(1).
- Estelle Malavolti, 2016. "Single Till or Dual Till at airports: a Two-Sided Market Analysis," Post-Print hal-01406372, HAL.
- Jarle Hildrum & Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg, 2011.
"The Complex Interaction between Global Production Networks, Digital Information Systems and International Knowledge Transfers,"
Chapters, in: Cristiano Antonelli (ed.), Handbook on the Economic Complexity of Technological Change, chapter 16,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jarle Hildrum & Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg, 2010. "The complex interaction between Global Production Networks, Digital Information Systems and International Knowledge Transfers," ICER Working Papers 07-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Jahn, Eric & Prüfer, Jens, 2008.
"Interconnection and competition among asymmetric networks in the Internet backbone market,"
Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 243-256, September.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Other publications TiSEM bd881fcf-2f45-48ed-bac7-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Discussion Paper 2006-033, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Other publications TiSEM c6650f47-dc14-4292-87c1-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Discussion Paper 2006-122, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Beomjin Choi & T. S. Raghu & Ajay Vinzé & Kevin J. Dooley, 2019. "Effectiveness of standards consortia: Social network perspectives," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 405-416, April.
- Adner, Ron & Zemsky, Peter, 2003. "Disruptive Technologies and the Emergence of Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 3994, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edgardo Arturo Ayala Gaytán, 2009. "Social network externalities and price dispersion in online markets," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 1-28, November.
- Antonio Estache & Marco Manacorda & Tommaso M. Valletti, 2002.
"Telecommunications Reform, Access Regulation, and Internet Adoption in Latin America,"
EconomÃa Journal, The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 153-218, January.
- Estache, Antonio & Manacorda, Marco & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2002. "Telecommunication reforms, access regulation, and Internet adoption in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2802, The World Bank.
- Fixson, Sebastian K. & Park, Jin-Kyu, 2007. "The Power of Integrality: Linkages between Product Architecture, Innovation, and Industry Structure," Working papers 37154, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Guidi, Francesco, 2021. "Concentration, competition and financial stability in the South-East Europe banking context," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 639-670.
- Marie-Cécile Fagart & Nathalie Fombaron & Meglena Jeleva, 2002.
"Risk Mutualization and Competition in Insurance Markets,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 27(2), pages 115-141, December.
- Marie-Cécile Fagart & Nathalie Fombaron & Meglena Jeleva, 2001. "Risk Mutualization and Competition in Insurance Market," Working Papers 2001-24, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- M.-C. Fagart & N. Fombaron & M. Jeleva, 2001. "Risk Mutualization and Competition in Insurance Market," THEMA Working Papers 2001-25, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
More about this item
KeywordsOnline payment methods; Transaction context; Risk; Delivery methods; B2C e-commerce; Transition economies;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:elcore:v:16:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10660-015-9203-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.