Mental Health Consequences of International Migration for Vietnamese Americans and the Mediating Effects of Physical Health and Social Networks: Results From a Natural Experiment Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stillman, Steven & McKenzie, David & Gibson, John, 2009.
"Migration and mental health: Evidence from a natural experiment,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 677-687, May.
- Steven Stillman & David McKenzie & John Gibson, 2006. "Migration and Mental Health: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Working Papers in Economics 06/04, University of Waikato.
- Stillman, Steven & McKenzie, David & Gibson, John, 2007. "Migration and mental health : evidence from a natural experiment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4138, The World Bank.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Steven Stillman, 2006. "Migration and mental health: Evidence from a natural experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00334, The Field Experiments Website.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2006.098541_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2006.088401_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beiser, Morton & Hou, Feng, 2001. "Language acquisition, unemployment and depressive disorder among Southeast Asian refugees: a 10-year study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(10), pages 1321-1334, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2006.091827_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chung, Rita Chi-Ying & Kagawa-Singer, Marjorie, 1993. "Predictors of psychological distress among southeast Asian refugees," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 631-639, March.
- Bruce Newbold, K., 2005. "Self-rated health within the Canadian immigrant population: risk and the healthy immigrant effect," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 1359-1370, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:10:1543-1548_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2006.103911_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruce Newbold, K. & Danforth, Jeff, 2003. "Health status and Canada's immigrant population," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(10), pages 1981-1995, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mao-Mei Liu & Mathew J. Creighton & Fernando Riosmena & Pau Baizán, 2016. "Prospects for the comparative study of international migration using quasi-longitudinal micro-data," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(26), pages 745-782, September.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; Mental health; Vietnamese; Selection effects; Natural experiment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:49:y:2012:i:2:p:393-424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .