Uncertainty in Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) deployment projections: a cross-model comparison exercise
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Charles Hourcade, Mark Jaccard, Chris Bataille, and Frederic Ghersi, 2006.
"Hybrid Modeling: New Answers to Old Challenges Introduction to the Special Issue of The Energy Journal,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 1-12.
- Jc Hourcade & M. Jaccard & C. Bataille & F Ghersi, 2006. "Hybrid modeling: New answers to old challenges - Introduction to the special issue of The Energy Journal," Post-Print hal-00716778, HAL.
- Praetorius, Barbara & Schumacher, Katja, 2009.
"Greenhouse gas mitigation in a carbon constrained world: The role of carbon capture and storage,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5081-5093, December.
- Barbara Praetorius & Katja Schumacher, 2008. "Greenhouse Gas Mitigation in a Carbon Constrained World: The Role of Carbon Capture and Storage," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 820, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Akimoto, Keigo & Tomoda, Toshimasa & Fujii, Yasumasa & Yamaji, Kenji, 2004. "Assessment of global warming mitigation options with integrated assessment model DNE21," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 635-653, July.
- Riahi, Keywan & Rubin, Edward S. & Taylor, Margaret R. & Schrattenholzer, Leo & Hounshell, David, 2004. "Technological learning for carbon capture and sequestration technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 539-564, July.
- van Vliet, Oscar & van den Broek, Machteld & Turkenburg, Wim & Faaij, André, 2011. "Combining hybrid cars and synthetic fuels with electricity generation and carbon capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 248-268, January.
- Loschel, Andreas, 2002.
"Technological change in economic models of environmental policy: a survey,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 105-126, December.
- Löschel, Andreas, 2001. "Technological change in economic models of environmental policy: a survey," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-62, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koelbl, Barbara S. & van den Broek, Machteld A. & Wilting, Harry C. & Sanders, Mark W.J.L. & Bulavskaya, Tatyana & Wood, Richard & Faaij, André P.C. & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2016. "Socio-economic impacts of low-carbon power generation portfolios: Strategies with and without CCS for the Netherlands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 257-277.
- van der Zwaan, Bob & Kober, Tom & Calderon, Silvia & Clarke, Leon & Daenzer, Katie & Kitous, Alban & Labriet, Maryse & Lucena, André F.P. & Octaviano, Claudia & Di Sbroiavacca, Nicolas, 2016. "Energy technology roll-out for climate change mitigation: A multi-model study for Latin America," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 526-542.
- Guivarch, Céline & Monjon, Stéphanie, 2017.
"Identifying the main uncertainty drivers of energy security in a low-carbon world: The case of Europe,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 530-541.
- Céline Guivarch & Stéphanie Monjon, 2016. "Identifying the main uncertainty drivers of energy security in a low- carbon world: The case of Europe," Post-Print halshs-01348948, HAL.
- Hang Deng & Jeffrey M. Bielicki & Michael Oppenheimer & Jeffrey P. Fitts & Catherine A. Peters, 2017. "Leakage risks of geologic CO2 storage and the impacts on the global energy system and climate change mitigation," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 144(2), pages 151-163, September.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2017.
"Buffering volatility: A study on the limits of Germany's energy revolution,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 130-150.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2016. "Buffering Volatility: A Study on the Limits of Germany’s Energy Revolution," NBER Working Papers 22467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2017. "Buffering volatility: A study on the limits of Germany's energy revolution," Munich Reprints in Economics 49895, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2016. "Buffering Volatility: A Study on the Limits of Germany's Energy Revolution," CESifo Working Paper Series 5950, CESifo.
- Luderer, Gunnar & Pietzcker, Robert C. & Carrara, Samuel & de Boer, Harmen Sytze & Fujimori, Shinichiro & Johnson, Nils & Mima, Silvana & Arent, Douglas, 2017. "Assessment of wind and solar power in global low-carbon energy scenarios: An introduction," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 542-551.
- Jérôme Hilaire & Jan C. Minx & Max W. Callaghan & Jae Edmonds & Gunnar Luderer & Gregory F. Nemet & Joeri Rogelj & Maria Mar Zamora, 2019. "Negative emissions and international climate goals—learning from and about mitigation scenarios," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 157(2), pages 189-219, November.
- Rahman, Farahiyah Abdul & Aziz, Md Maniruzzaman A. & Saidur, R. & Bakar, Wan Azelee Wan Abu & Hainin, M.R & Putrajaya, Ramadhansyah & Hassan, Norhidayah Abdul, 2017. "Pollution to solution: Capture and sequestration of carbon dioxide (CO2) and its utilization as a renewable energy source for a sustainable future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 112-126.
- Adriano Vinca & Marianna Rottoli & Giacomo Marangoni & Massimo Tavoni, 2017.
"The Role of Carbon Capture and Storage Electricity in Attaining 1.5 and 2°C,"
2017.54, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Vinca, Adriano & Rottoli, Marianna & Marangoni, Giacomo & Tavoni, Massimo, 2017. "The Role of Carbon Capture and Storage Electricity in Attaining 1.5 and 2°C," MITP: Mitigation, Innovation and Transformation Pathways 266285, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Carrara, Samuel, 2020. "Reactor ageing and phase-out policies: global and regional prospects for nuclear power generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C).
- P. A. Turner & K. J. Mach & D. B. Lobell & S. M. Benson & E. Baik & D. L. Sanchez & C. B. Field, 2018. "The global overlap of bioenergy and carbon sequestration potential," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 148(1), pages 1-10, May.
- I. Mouratiadou & M. Bevione & D. L. Bijl & L. Drouet & M. Hejazi & S. Mima & M. Pehl & G. Luderer, 2018.
"Water demand for electricity in deep decarbonisation scenarios: a multi-model assessment,"
Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 91-106, March.
- I. Mouratiadou & M. Bevione & L. Bijl & L. Drouet & M. Hejazi & S. Mima & M. Pehl & G. Luderer, 2018. "Water demand for electricity in deep decarbonisation scenarios: a multi-model assessment," Post-Print hal-01662848, HAL.
- Manuel Wifling, 2020. "Financial precautions, carbon dioxide leakage, and the European Directive 2009/31/EC on carbon capture and storage (CCS)," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 163(2), pages 787-806, November.
- Gregory Nemet & Erin Baker & Bob Barron & Samuel Harms, 2015. "Characterizing the effects of policy instruments on the future costs of carbon capture for coal power plants," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 133(2), pages 155-168, November.
- Lee, Suh-Young & Lee, In-Beum & Han, Jeehoon, 2019. "Design under uncertainty of carbon capture, utilization and storage infrastructure considering profit, environmental impact, and risk preference," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 238(C), pages 34-44.
- Matthias Weitzel, 2017. "The role of uncertainty in future costs of key CO2 abatement technologies: a sensitivity analysis with a global computable general equilibrium model," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 153-173, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- van Vuuren, Detlef P. & Hoogwijk, Monique & Barker, Terry & Riahi, Keywan & Boeters, Stefan & Chateau, Jean & Scrieciu, Serban & van Vliet, Jasper & Masui, Toshihiko & Blok, Kornelis & Blomen, Eliane , 2009. "Comparison of top-down and bottom-up estimates of sectoral and regional greenhouse gas emission reduction potentials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5125-5139, December.
- Valentina Bosetti & Laurent Gilotte, 2005.
"Carbon Capture and Sequestration: How Much Does this Uncertain Option Affect Near-Term Policy Choices?,"
2005.86, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Laurent Gilotte & Valentina Bosetti, 2006. "Carbon capture and sequestration: how much does this uncertain option affect near-term policy choices?," Working Papers halshs-00007298, HAL.
- Laurent Gilotte & Valentina Bosetti, 2006. "Carbon capture and sequestration: how much does this uncertain option affect near-term policy choices?," CIRED Working Papers halshs-00007298, HAL.
- Jouvet, Pierre-André & Schumacher, Ingmar, 2012.
"Learning-by-doing and the costs of a backstop for energy transition and sustainability,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 122-132.
- Pierre-André Jouvet & Ingmar Schumacher, 2011. "Learning-by-doing and the Costs of a Backstop for Energy Transition and Sustainability," Working Papers hal-00637960, HAL.
- Pierre-André Jouvet & Ingmar Schumacher, 2012. "Learning-by-doing and the costs of a backstop for energy transition ans sustainability," Post-Print hal-01385828, HAL.
- Fox, Jacob & Axsen, Jonn & Jaccard, Mark, 2017. "Picking Winners: Modelling the Costs of Technology-specific Climate Policy in the U.S. Passenger Vehicle Sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 133-147.
- van den Broek, Machteld & Veenendaal, Paul & Koutstaal, Paul & Turkenburg, Wim & Faaij, André, 2011. "Impact of international climate policies on CO2 capture and storage deployment: Illustrated in the Dutch energy system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2000-2019, April.
- Halkos, George, 2014. "The Economics of Climate Change Policy: Critical review and future policy directions," MPRA Paper 56841, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grover, David, 2013. "The ‘advancedness’ of knowledge in pollution-saving technological change with a qualitative application to SO2 cap and trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 123-134.
- Bistline, John E. & Rai, Varun, 2010. "The role of carbon capture technologies in greenhouse gas emissions-reduction models: A parametric study for the U.S. power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1177-1191, February.
- Martinsen, Thomas, 2011. "Introducing technology learning for energy technologies in a national CGE model through soft links to global and national energy models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3327-3336, June.
- Andreas Schröder & Friedrich Kunz & Jan Meiss & Roman Mendelevitch & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2013. "Current and Prospective Costs of Electricity Generation until 2050," Data Documentation 68, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Carlo Carraro & Enrica De Cian & Lea Nicita, 2009.
"Modeling Biased Technical Change. Implications For Climate Policy,"
2009_27, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Carraro, Carlo & De Cian, Enrica & Nicita, Lea, 2010. "Modeling Biased Technical Change. Implications for Climate Policy," Sustainable Development Papers 59376, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Enrica De Cian & Carlo Carraro & Lea Nicita, 2010. "Modeling Biased Technical Change. Implications for Climate Policy," Working Papers 2010.4, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kemp-Benedict, Eric, 2013. "Resource Return on Investment under Markup Pricing," MPRA Paper 49154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodrigues, João & Domingos, Tiago & Conceição, Pedro & Belbute, José, 2005.
"Constraints on dematerialisation and allocation of natural capital along a sustainable growth path,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 382-396, September.
- José Manuel Madeira Belbute & João Rodrigues & Tiago Domingos & Pedro Conceição, 2003. "Constraints on Dematerialisation and Allocation of Natural Capital along a Sustainable Growth Path," Economics Working Papers 1_2003, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Vallentin, Daniel, 2007. "Inducing the international diffusion of carbon capture and storage technologies in the power sector," Wuppertal Papers 162, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Rasool, Ghulam & Ahmed, Khalid & Mahalik, Mantu Kumar, 2016.
"Considering the effect of biomass energy consumption on economic growth: Fresh evidence from BRICS region,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 1442-1450.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ahmed, Khalid & Rasool, Ghulam & Kumar, Mantu, 2016. "Considering the effect of biomass energy consumption on economic growth:fresh evidence from BRICS region," MPRA Paper 70024, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Mar 2016.
- Setiawan, Andri D. & Cuppen, Eefje, 2013. "Stakeholder perspectives on carbon capture and storage in Indonesia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1188-1199.
- Halvor Briseid Storrøsten, 2012. "Prices vs. quantities: Technology choice, uncertainty and welfare," Discussion Papers 677, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Elofsson, Katarina, 2014. "International knowledge diffusion and its impact on the cost-effective clean-up of the Baltic Sea," Working Paper Series 2014:06, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Dai, Hancheng & Mischke, Peggy & Xie, Xuxuan & Xie, Yang & Masui, Toshihiko, 2016. "Closing the gap? Top-down versus bottom-up projections of China’s regional energy use and CO2 emissions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1355-1373.
- Martin T. Ross, Patrick T. Sullivan, Allen A. Fawcett, and Brooks M. Depro, 2014. "Investigating Technology Options for Climate Policies: Differentiated Roles in ADAGE," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:climat:v:123:y:2014:i:3:p:461-476. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.