Free Mobility with the EU and Immigration of North American Brains to Switzerland: What Consequences?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lewer, Joshua J. & Van den Berg, Hendrik, 2008. "A gravity model of immigration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 164-167, April.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Özden, Çaglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2011.
"Migrant networks and foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 231-241, March.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Ozden, Caglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2006. "Migrant networks and foreign direct investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4046, The World Bank.
- Beata S. Javorcik & Çaglar Özden & Mariana Spatareanu & Cristina Neagu, 2006. "Migrant Networks and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2006-003, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Dominique M. Gross & Nicolas Schmitt, 2012. "Low- and high-skill migration flows: free mobility versus other determinants," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Kleinert, Jörn & Toubal, Farid, 2003.
"Where Enterprises Lead, People Follow? Links between Migration and German FDI,"
Kiel Working Papers
1190, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Claudia Buch & Jörn Kleinert & Farid Toubal, 2006. "Where Enterprises Lead, People Follow? Links Between Migration and German FDI," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00311575, HAL.
- Borjas, George J, 1987. "Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 531-553, September.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel, 2001.
"Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 275-289, February.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2001. "Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10449, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Anna Mayda, 2010.
"International migration: a panel data analysis of the determinants of bilateral flows,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(4), pages 1249-1274, September.
- Mayda, Anna Maria, 2007. "International Migration: A Panel Data Analysis of the Determinants of Bilateral Flows," CEPR Discussion Papers 6289, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anna Maria Mayda, 2007. "International migration: A panel data analysis of the determinants of bilateral flows," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0707, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Robert E. Baldwin & L. Alan Winters, 2004. "Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bald04-1.
- David Karemera & Victor Iwuagwu Oguledo & Bobby Davis, 2000. "A gravity model analysis of international migration to North America," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(13), pages 1745-1755.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Kleinert, Jorn & Toubal, Farid, 2006. "Where enterprises lead, people follow? Links between migration and FDI in Germany," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 2017-2036, November.
- Gross, Dominique M., 2006. "Immigration policy and foreign population in Switzerland," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3853, The World Bank.
- John F. Helliwell, 1997. "National Borders, Trade and Migration," NBER Working Papers 6027, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- James E. Rauch, 2001. "Business and Social Networks in International Trade," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1177-1203, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brunner, Beatrice & Kuhn, Andreas, 2014. "Immigration, Cultural Distance and Natives' Attitudes Towards Immigrants: Evidence from Swiss Voting Results," IZA Discussion Papers 8409, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsHigh-skill immigration; free mobility policy; Switzerland; North America; incentives;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2012-iv-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sgvssea.html .