Vertical Grants and Local Public Efficiency: The Inference-disturbing Effect of Fiscal Equalization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Brender, Adi & Blesse, Sebastian & Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2016.
"Revenue decentralization, central oversight and the political budget cycle: Evidence from Israel,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1-16.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Blesse, Sebastian & Brender, Adi & Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2015. "Revenue decentralization, central oversight and the political budget cycle: Evidence from Israel," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-046, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Blesse, Sebastian & Brender, Adi & Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2015. "Revenue decentralization, central oversight and the political budget cycle: Evidence from Israel," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 249, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Philippe Widmer & Peter Zweifel, 2012. "Fiscal Equalization, Tiebout Competition, and Incentives for Efficiency in a Federalist Country," Public Finance Review, , vol. 40(1), pages 3-29, January.
- Heikki Loikkanen & Ilkka Susiluoton, 2000.
"Cost Efficiency of Finnish Municipalities in Basic Service Provision 1994-2002,"
Regional and Urban Modeling
- Heikki A. Loikkanen & Ilkka Susiluoto, 2005. "Cost Efficiency of Finnish Municipalities in Basic Service Provision 1994-2002," ERSA conference papers ersa05p37, European Regional Science Association.
- Moisio, Antti, 2002. "Essays on Finnish Municipal Finance and Intergovernmental Grants," Research Reports 93, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Josip Glaurdić & Vuk Vuković, 2017. "Granting votes: exposing the political bias of intergovernmental grants using the within-between specification for panel data," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 171(1), pages 223-241, April.
- Peter Bogetoft & Lars Otto, 2011. "Benchmarking with DEA, SFA, and R," International Series in Operations Research and Management Science, Springer, number 978-1-4419-7961-2, December.
More about this item
Keywordsvertical grants; local public finance; efficiency; DEA; bureaucracy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:pubfin:v:47:y:2019:i:3:p:558-584. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.