Cost Efficiency of Finnish Municipalities in Basic Service Provision 1994-2002
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Heikki Loikkanen & Ilkka Susiluoton, "undated". "Cost Efficiency of Finnish Municipalities in Basic Service Provision 1994-2002," Regional and Urban Modeling 283600056, EcoMod.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "Macroeconomics of Unbalanced Growth: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 150-150, March.
- Kirjavainen, Tanja & Loikkanent, Heikki A., 1998.
"Efficiency differences of finnish senior secondary schools: An application of DEA and Tobit analysis,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 377-394, October.
- Kirjavainen, Tanja & Loikkanen, Heikki, 1996. "Efficiency Differences of Finnish Senior Secondary Schools: An Application of DEA and Tobit-Analysis," Discussion Papers 570, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996.
"Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan, 1994. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches," SESO Working Papers 1994002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Balaguer-Coll, Maria Teresa & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2007.
"On the determinants of local government performance: A two-stage nonparametric approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 425-451, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina & Diego Prior & María Teresa Balaguer-Coll, 2004. "On The Determinants Of Local Government Performance: A Two-Stage Nonparametric Approach," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- De Borger, B & Kerstens, K. & Moesen, W. & Vanneste, J., 1994.
"Explaining Differences in Productive Efficiency: An Application to Belgian Municipalities,"
Springer, vol. 80(3-4), pages 339-358, September.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, K. & MOESEN, Wim & VANNESTE, Jacques, 1992. "Explaining differences in productive efficiency: An application to Belgian municipalities," SESO Working Papers 1992003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Järviö, Maija-Liisa & Luoma, Kalevi, 2000. "Productivity Changes in Finnish Health Centres: A Malmquist Index Approach," Discussion Papers 218, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Loikkanen, Heikki A. & Susiluoto, Ilkka, 2002. "An evaluation of economic efficiency of finnish regions by DEA and Tobit models," ERSA conference papers ersa02p237, European Regional Science Association.
- António Afonso & Sónia Fernandes, 2003. "Efficiency of Local Government Spending: Evidence for the Lisbon Region," Working Papers Department of Economics 2003/09, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Kirjavainen, Tanja & Loikkanen, Heikki A., 1995. "School Resources and Student Achievement: Evidence from Finnish Senior Secondary Schools," Discussion Papers 91, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hitzschke, Stephan, 2011. "The optimal size of German cities: An efficiency analysis perspective," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 202, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- Laura Carosi & Giovanna Dâ€™Inverno & Letizia Ravagli, 2014. "Global public spending efficiency in Tuscan municipalities," Discussion Papers 2014/175, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Kalb, Alexander, 2009. "What determines local governments' technical efficiency? The case of road maintenance," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-047, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Bischoff, Ivo & Bönisch, Peter & Haug, Peter & Illy, Annette, 2014. "Vertical Grants and Local Public Efficiency," IWH Discussion Papers 1/2013, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- repec:spr:chfecr:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40589-017-0058-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Lamia Mokaddem, 2014. "Evaluation of Tunisian Regions’ Efficiency Using DEA and TOBIT Models," Working Papers 862, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2014.
- Rafael Sanchez & Francisca Pacheco, 2014.
"A Longitudinal Parametric Approach to Estimate Local Government Efficiency,"
wp_033, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Pacheco, Francisca & Sanchez, Rafael & Villena, Mauricio, 2014. "A Longitudinal Parametric Approach to Estimate Local Government Efficiency," MPRA Paper 54918, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dino Rizzi & Michele Zanette, 2015. "A Procedure for the Ex-Ante Assessment of Compulsory Municipal Amalgamation Programs," Working Papers 2015:22, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Haug, Peter, 2013. "Grant Dependence, Regulation and the Effects of Formula-based Grant Systems on German Local Governments: A Data Report for Saxony-Anhalt," IWH Discussion Papers 2/2013, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa, 2013. "Cost Inefficiency of Municipalities after Amalgamation," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201314, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- repec:eee:soceps:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:102-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bönisch, Peter & Haug, Peter & Illy, Annette & Schreier, Lukas, 2011. "Municipality Size and Efficiency of Local Public Services: Does Size Matter?," IWH Discussion Papers 18/2011, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Cordero, José Manuel & Pedraja-Chaparro, Francisco & Pisaflores, Elsa C. & Polo, Cristina, 2016. "Efficiency assessment of Portuguese municipalities using a conditional nonparametric approach," MPRA Paper 70674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Isabel Narbón-Perpiñá & Kristof De Witte, 2016. "Local governments’ efficiency: A systematic literature review – Part I," Working Papers 2016/20, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Isabel Narbón-Perpiñá & Kristof De Witte, 2016. "Local governments’ efficiency: A systematic literature review – Part II," Working Papers 2016/21, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2006-02-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GEO-2006-02-05 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa05p37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.